Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EtOHLooner
    • Mar 2017

Non-popper becomes semi-popper when drinking

So, I'm a pretty phobic non-popper when sober. But when I drink, while I don't intentionally blow to pop balloons, I do get a lot bolder about pushing them to the max... and, well, things happen.

Thought I'd share with you the results of last night. Nothing huge, just various 9" and 12" balloons, but I can't recall having popped this many at one time before... at least 13, and I'm missing quite a few pieces from some of these, so maybe more.
    Attached Files
  • BYGavia
    • Dec 2017

Re: Non-popper becomes semi-popper when drinking

Nice! I’m finding myself getting bolder, too. It’s just when I’m playing rough, just roughly enough that I’ve popped three cheaper or older balloons accidentally, but it’s starting to bother me less and less.

I don’t want to pop my Tuftex 24” I have inflated...well, maybe I wouldn’t mind seeing the old, red one go, if I’m just a little too rough with it one day...

Comment

• WannabePopper
      • Oct 2018

EtOHLooner - Yes, I’m similar to you in this regard.

I’m a phobic non-popper who struggles to get over the fear and anticipation of the popping. It’s never as loud - you’d think I was pulling the pin out of a had grenade or something- as I think it’s going to be, but I still often can’t get over the first physiological “hump” of balloon popping.

However, I do enjoy watching women pop balloons and popping balloons myself. Alcohol does seem to really take the edge off for sure and calm my nerves. I’m much more adventurous at popping balloons after some drinks.

I’ve done things that it would be very difficult or even impossible to do sober like watch a women sit to pop several balloons and even a 36” balloon (with help from her nails). I have blow up a balloon to pop on an electric pump.

I remember in college at a party, I was encouraging the girls to pop the balloons and one girl really liked to jump on the 16” balloons with both feet to pop them. Even I was able to pick up a balloon off the floor with one hand and simply dug my nails into it until it burst.

Comment

• Whoopsapopperlips
        • Jan 2019

Yeah, it's amazing what a few bevvies can do to lessen the phobic side.
        A couple of beers, a couple of shots, headphones with the tunes cranked (for some reason "Shake it off" by Ms. Swift on repeat goes great with looning, don't ask me why, I usually love punk and thrash, though it has a good bouncing beat), and I can blow with so much more courage.
        I love blowing them tight, tighter, bouncing to push a neck out, a bit more blowing, then clipping and moving to the next.
        And so on.....
        Maybe a cider this time.....
        Barely flinch when the pops start happening.

Comment

• Eastlooner
          • Apr 2019

Yes, it works My wife has various moods and sometimes she is very peacefull to balloons. After one or two light drinks she becomes more brave, chooes her future victims popping a few in the meantime. She isn't afraid of popping, a drink makes her just more brave

Comment

• PBK
            • Mar 2019

I wouldn't say drinking turns me into a popper, but it definitely dulls the fear and removes the timidity when I'm watching my wife blow balloons for her. When I've had a few and am feeling a good buzz I seem to be able to get her to push them bigger, harder.....

Comment

• amac
              • Mar 2017

I to find a few drinks help popping as a rule I don't usually pop balloons but I think the alcohol definitely give you a little bit of courage

Comment

• pinpopper
                • Mar 2019

I am a popper but always a little phobic tending toward using pin and things where I have control. but a bit of Beer in me and I am mr confident popper. thats when I will b2p. Also totally with Whoopsapopper with my music choice, if I am busting its something like Taylor swift or katie perry. Would never listen to this otherwise but seems to go well with some popping.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢
                😎
                😞
                😡
                👍
                👎