Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Galdo
    • Jun 2019

MC Donalds Balloons 2019

Got some from ebay (someone sold them uninflated and mentioned they were previously inflated with an electric pump).

Just wanted to do a Little Show and tell here. Guess they´re 12" or so. The rubber feels "thin" but they´re quite durable. Having them underinflated but still quite big they can whitestand my weight to an impressive percentage.

They do have a very strong rubber smell.

I remember getting balloons from MC Donalds back in the "old days" and they just had the logo on them. Nowards they have a text on them (2nd Picture) that warns parents that "children can choke from popped balloons..."

Are they giving These away now uninflated? I mean with the warning on them?
    The nozzle Looks a Little bit as if the balloon was untied from the stick it usually comes with.
    Attached Files
  • Seasider
    • Jan 2016

Re: MC Donalds Balloons 2019

All the McDonald’s balloons I see in the uk currently have toy adverts on (I got a load with the TY brand on the other day). My local McDonald’s has stopped handing out balloons and the host we were talking too said it was for 2 reasons
    1) environmental concerns
    2) their balloons were being taken by young people who then used them to inhale laughing gas - so really bad press for the brand and they ended up being littered wherever the gas was inhaled

Comment

• stobarts
      • Dec 2018

McDonald s balloons aren't very big these day either , back in the 90`s they used to be pretty big like 16" sometimes ,I used to grab one or two back then

Comment

• Seidenki
        • Dec 2016

They've been 9" or 10" balloons here for as long as I can remember. I suspect they get them specially made because they have a slightly distinctive shape.

Comment

• Seasidelad
          • Sep 2018

Originally posted by stobarts
          McDonald s balloons aren't very big these day either , back in the 90`s they used to be pretty big like 16" sometimes ,I used to grab one or two back then
          I remember those used to get them all the time. Sometimes got some uninflated ones from them.

Comment

• Seasider
            • Jan 2016

I think the ones in the uk come from a company called b-loony

Comment

• Shaxx
              • Jun 2017

I miss the old style balloons they used to be awesome.
              I have a lot of the new style ones and some can be pushed to a surprising size but no where near as good as the old ones.

Comment

• BalloonBoyUK
                Banned
                • Dec 2018

Originally posted by Seasider
                All the McDonald’s balloons I see in the uk currently have toy adverts on (I got a load with the TY brand on the other day). My local McDonald’s has stopped handing out balloons and the host we were talking too said it was for 2 reasons
                1) environmental concerns
                2) their balloons were being taken by young people who then used them to inhale laughing gas - so really bad press for the brand and they ended up being littered wherever the gas was inhaled

I was also told that the cost of helium got too much for them to bother with, so giving-out air-filled balloons saved them money as well, whilst still being able to advertise themselves with the giveaway balloons.

Comment

Working...