Old 13-04-2019, 03:53 PM

Loon_Lover_626 is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Bunch-O-Balloons Party Balloons
Hey everyone! So apparently the company that created Bunch-O-Balloons water balloons are now releasing a similar product for 12" balloons. It still uses a one way valve but can apparently inflate "40 balloons in 40 seconds". While I do think this might be interesting, I'm curious how well that valve will hold up to extra pressure, like from sitting on one. It could also be interesting to anyone who enjoys BTP if you can overinflate all 40 and get them all to pop at the same time. What are your thoughts and is anyone else interested in trying them? (From what I've heard, they will be released in May)
Old 13-04-2019, 10:39 PM

Ilooner is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Bunch-O-Balloons Party Balloons
Sounds interesting! I definitely want to try it!
Do you have any photos/videos of the 12" 'bunches'?
Old 13-04-2019, 10:53 PM

David Black is on a distinguished road
That would be dangerous. 40 12” balloons popping within seconds of each other, the police and a SWAT team would blow the door off. We will need a b2p licence for these, like a UK shotgun licence.
Old 13-04-2019, 10:57 PM

David Black is on a distinguished road
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QIrWNwzUBKM

Pretty cool
Old 13-04-2019, 11:20 PM

SlightlyDeflated is on a distinguished road
Looks like a dream come true!
Old 14-04-2019, 05:07 AM

Loon_Lover_626 is on a distinguished road
Yeah that's close to the same video I saw:

https://youtu.be/k7id4WygPBQ

Unfortunately it looks like they don't all inflate at the same rate causing some of the balloons to be underflated. Although at least you can put them back on and blow it up more. It's also interesting that they say the balloons could be reused which would be nice for non-poppers.

I'm personally thinking about investing only because I was considering getting a pump for trying out larger balloons anyway and this could be a fun/different implementation.
Old 14-04-2019, 08:23 AM

Nopops4me is on a distinguished road
Hi. I watched both youtube clips and I think in the 'Loon Lover' clip the young lady stopped too soon. Timing seems to be 40seconds for 40 balloons. Maybe the latex is put under more pressure and stops expanding when 12" is reached allowing the smaller balloons to catch up by 40secs. If you stop too soon then you finish up with different size balloons. Only a thought, not an expert on this.
Old 14-04-2019, 12:41 PM

BalloonBoyUK is on a distinguished road
It seems like a good idea, but - personally-speaking - I think it's a bit of an expensive gimmick.

1 - You have to use their balloons, with their machine. (What brand of balloons are they using?)

2 - Their balloons will probably be expensive, compared to buying the same amount of balloons from other firms (e.g. Qualatex, BelBal, TuffTex, etc, etc).

3 - How much does their proprietary electric pump cost? (A lot, I suspect) And what happens when it breaks down?

4 - How many colours of balloons are available?

I'd also be concerned of how the pump can make sure that 40 balloons all get inflated to the exact (or nearly-exact) same sizes, unless it was individually checking the volume of every single balloon and altering the pressure inside each one to ensure correct sizage. No pump can do that, as far as I'm aware. So, I really don't believe the product's claims, and in both videos mentioned by other B2P Forum members, some of the balloons were smaller than others.

To my eyes, this could be fun, but it's nothing more than that, and I fear it's just a gimmick that will die-out sooner. I honestly, DON'T think this is the game-changing idea the company seem to think it will be. If you could use the tubes on different balloons, and have them be retrofittable to other brands/sizes, or they made larger balloons too, then maybe this might be worth it. And their claims that this can be used to fill the balloons with helium, is questionable, as every tank is different and every tank manufacturer has a different nozzle system that they use. Here in the UK, there's at least two systems: one used by Air Products, and one by BOC. Neither uses equipment that fits the others.

Overall, give me a normal Zibi inflator, and a bag of proper, branded balloons instead.

Last edited by BalloonBoyUK; 14-04-2019 at 12:49 PM.