What size balloon do you think would get attention for a public b2p?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blue548
    • Sep 2015

What size balloon do you think would get attention for a public b2p?

I'm thinking of inflating a green 18" outside in public. May raise a few eyebrows?
    Last edited by Blue548; 24-12-2018, 01:20.
  • BusterBill
    Founder, Balloon Buddies
    • Nov 2016

Re: What size balloon do you think would get attention for a public b2p?

Originally posted by Blue548
    I'm thinking of inflating a green 18" outside in public. May raise a few eyebrows?
    No question that a nice tight 18 incher would definitely attract some attention from passersby. I met a balloon vendor in a mall a few years ago who delighted in over-inflating 18" stuffer balloons almost to bursting. He told me he couldn't pop them in the mall because the first couple of times he did the mall management threatened to close his sales kiosk and toss him out

Anyway, the point of the story is that he always had a small crowd of fascinated onlookers, mostly men, and I noticed a few of them had obvious erections with one or two discreetly rubbing their crotches. I think there are more closeted looners out there in the world that we realize.

Comment

• Black_Bear
      • May 2013

16" or bigger. I had a race with my gf with 16" qualatex polka dot balloons at the beach a few years ago. Mine started getting a small neck and some people nearby got a bit nervous. We didn't pop them. But I have done a b2p at the beach with 16" and people did notice. No one said anything.
      Bigger balloons are becoming more common with decorations. So seeing them is becoming more of an everyday thing. So seeing bigger balloons is not as rare anymore. But they are often underinflated to have a rounder shape.
      So, it would also matter on the shape of the balloon you are doing a b2p on. A 16" qualatex or 17" tuftex with a full neck is not something people have seen, and since they get so tight, it will look like they will explode on the next breath. So if you have the neck almost full and keep blowing, it would look like you are about to intentionally make it pop. Since the balloon is now so big, it would draw attention from people who are curious of a loud bang. I fantasize about doing one in an indoor place like a sporting event or similar venue. I just want to hear a loud echoing boom and see the pieces land all around me on the ground. Outdoors are fun but the wind is too strong of a factor.

Comment

• Pink Balloon
        • Oct 2016

Any size, I'll gladly be there enjoying the show.

Comment

• palloncino90
          • Jan 2018

It's not purely related but... sometimes I would bring my beautiful TufTex balloons around and inflate them and see if some cute lady will be curious and bother me ahahahah!
          Who knows the reactions, I'm so curious
          Never it will happens, I'm too shy to do it
          Did anyone do this?
          I want to live surrounded of big and colorful balloons

Comment

• Slugamano
            • Jul 2016

Any size, after the pop...

Comment

• srob2
              • Dec 2017

9 or 12 inches definitely get attention, people know you are popping a balloon, and it does take long. A 16 inch or larger, and you're blowing forever before it looks overinflated.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎