Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • robbirdin
    • Jun 2021

Phobic balloon popping

Hey, I am phobic looner and recently I started working with my SO on overcoming my fear of balloon popping. I've made some progress and now I can pin pop balloons without any kind of hearing protection.
    However, I came across a hurdle I cant overcome - balloons being inflated until they pop even with both earplugs and earmuffs, I cant help myself and have to leave the room out of fear.
    Has anyone experienced something similar. I would appreciate any advice regarding this issue?
  • Dust of the Saturn
    Stretched like space-time
    • Feb 2018

Re: Phobic balloon popping

try putting the balloon under the heavy covers of your bed, with the mouthpiece sticking out. I can btp balloons only in this way because in my mind i know they cannot hurt me anymore plus i would be wearing ear protection so technically speaking, it is impossible for the balloon to hurt me in any way. I work myself up sexually and blow till it bursts.
    And I ask myself, why? and all I hear is the cold, dead silence of the cosmos.

Comment

• Regular Guy
      • Aug 2015

I can feel with you, almost the same here

loonerfun00's hint with the bed cover is very good - did that several times.

I often have good succes when being in a kind of "rush" or excitement.
      Try to start with some pin popping, as soon as you get comfortabele with it try to increase intensity e.g. with squeezing or stomping balloons. Go on until you can hardly wait for the next pop and inflate your balloons meant to pop further and further...

Comment

• FinallyPopper
        • Jan 2022

If you are comfortable with pinpop, but sudden pops from overtight balloons are troubling you, try to combine the two. Have your SO inflate balloons without stopping, while you use a pin to burst them before your fear makes you leave the room in panic. You should also try to make the pinpop less predictable (close your eyes while moving the pin towards the balloon).

This can be stressfull, but with some practice you may get more comfortable being surprised by the loud bangs of overtight balloons. And if you are very brave, you would increase the balloons tightness over time to the point where they pop by themselves. That is how I learned to B2P myself.

Comment

• BalloonFun
          • Apr 2022

These are all great suggestions! I hope they will be helpful and, eventually, more fun for you. I will admit, I'm scared of blow to popping. Although a couple of accidents have happened to me over the years, the acc. pops didn't really seem to faze me very much, but they surprised me.

Also, you are so lucky to have an SO to share balloon fun with!!

Comment

• Pseudo
            • Oct 2021

I was very phobic and now I love popping balloons and Aldo b2p. I start b2p by inflate balloons in a large plastic by to not be injured and don't see balloon size. To help me, I also had to speack with a no fear girl (to relativise, to listen that it's just a balloon pop, it's work only with a girl to me).

Comment

• Tracy
              • May 2018

Originally posted by FinallyPopper
              If you are comfortable with pinpop, but sudden pops from overtight balloons are troubling you, try to combine the two. Have your SO inflate balloons without stopping, while you use a pin to burst them before your fear makes you leave the room in panic. You should also try to make the pinpop less predictable (close your eyes while moving the pin towards the balloon).

This can be stressfull, but with some practice you may get more comfortable being surprised by the loud bangs of overtight balloons. And if you are very brave, you would increase the balloons tightness over time to the point where they pop by themselves. That is how I learned to B2P myself.
              Really good suggestions. I'd also just point out that blowing a balloon up until it pops is something that can be scary even to non-phobic people. There are also some physical aspects that are going to enhance anxiety: you have to be blowing pretty damn hard to pop a non-defective balloon, even a cheap one. Your heart rate is going to be up, everything is going to be more tense, etc. If you're making good progress on getting over popping fears, that's great. Don't feel like you need to rush to what most would consider the most challenging type of balloon popping right away.

Comment

• zman21
                • Jun 2022

Originally posted by Tracy
                Don't feel like you need to rush to what most would consider the most challenging type of balloon popping right away.
                That´s a good suggestion for sure! B2P in my opinion is the most difficult way to burst balloons but it is also the most tempting and exciting way. I´m phobic too and unfortunately I´m far away from being able to make b2ps. But a few years ago I was well practiced and able to do some b2ps.

I think the key to success is to have fun with whatever you´re doing. Secondly, it is important to take small steps.

That sounds very simple to me as I write it here. But when I stand there with the huge and tight balloon in my hand and have to keep blowing, I usually run out of courage

Comment

• Jup
                  Slow-pop enthousiast
                  • Aug 2021

I am unable to blow to pop anything larger than a B105 (30cm I believe) but every other pop is fine. Using a quick pump is great for me as I do not feel the resistance but it is still gonna pop within a reasonable time. (so I don't chicken out :P)

Give it a shot I'd say.

Comment

• asdfei
                    • Jul 2022

So I want to find this model and her videos but I can't find anywhere. Can anyone help me with that?

I also want to find the model of this one blowing to pop the beach ball:

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    😂
                    🥰
                    😘
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😞
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎