• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Meililoon
    aka lyckr
    • Sep 2014

Re: Getting over your fear of popping balloon

Originally posted by srob2
    If you have an electric pump, throw a balloon on, and leave your house. That should give you an idea how loud it is for them. Most apartments are an issue, most houses are not. But one more thing giving you anxiety is the last thing you want trying to get over fear.
    I've done this when my neighbors haven't been home. It's a good way to see how far the sound travels.
    If you don't have an electric pump and don't plan on doing any blow to pops, another option is to use something like a remote controlled car (if you have that), attach something sharp to it and place it in front of a secured balloon. Go outside and make it drive forward and pop the balloon.

Comment

• Marlo14
      • Jan 2020

Originally posted by lyckr
      I've done this when my neighbors haven't been home. It's a good way to see how far the sound travels.
      If you don't have an electric pump and don't plan on doing any blow to pops, another option is to use something like a remote controlled car (if you have that), attach something sharp to it and place it in front of a secured balloon. Go outside and make it drive forward and pop the balloon.
      The control car is such a great idea even just for regular popping!

Comment

• bfinch2000
        • Feb 2020

Originally posted by wildheart
        Probably alcohol. It’s been called liquid courage for a reason. Weed could work too, depending on strain and how it effects you. It might calm you, excite you, or make you more anxious. It’s not a good idea to smoke or drink every time you want to pop though, otherwise you’ll never be able to do it sober and get over your fear.
        totally agree about alcohol, it really helped me with my first pops, but yeah you want to be careful how much you have. i had way too much once and ... let's just say i was very lucky not to end up in a difficult situation to talk my way out of :P

Comment

• Marlo14
          • Jan 2020

Originally posted by bfinch2000
          totally agree about alcohol, it really helped me with my first pops, but yeah you want to be careful how much you have. i had way too much once and ... let's just say i was very lucky not to end up in a difficult situation to talk my way out of :P
          Thanks! I hope it will help! Such a stressful moment but lovin it

Comment

• Stangguy
            • Mar 2020

I have been a non popper for years. Lately it has intrigued me. It’s the noise that bothers me. I keep some older balloons that have softened up and will pop with less volume. We were on vacation in Florida last year and the wife and I started to play. I was inflating a qualatex airship and was close to full inflation when it suddenly popped. My first b2p. Haven’t done it since. I do have some q24s but because of the rarity I’m keeping them for now.

Comment

• Danniballoon
              • Mar 2018

I do BTP's with condoms - they don't make as much noise :-)

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎