X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LoonerPlanet
    • Nov 2018

Re: Reliable Balloon Sources

Shipping from Jennyloons to the US is very expensive. Is it because they ship via DHL?

When I do order from them, I preferably buy the balloons that I can't get anywhere else. My last order was mostly their new, printed Belbal 250's (Happy Birthday, Happy New Year, Boom up the Party), a GL500 with Happy New Year 2022, and some of their Jennyloon balloons. They do have a great selection of high quality balloons that is worth the occasional splurge.

Comment

• TheBiggertheBetter
      • Dec 2020

I recently ordered from Balloonsfast.com here in the US. They carry Tuftex and Qualatex as well as some others. My order included a 72 count bag of “Mega Tex” 17 inch balloons for $10. I figured I would check out their cheaper balloons. To my surprise and delight, they substituted a full 72 count bag of TT 17s. YAY!

Comment

• andrew_looner
        • Feb 2019

Has anyone ever successfully ordered from Balloons World store (https://www.bwstore.eu/shop2/)? If so, were you able to order without a VAT number?

Comment

• Nopops4me
          • Jun 2015

Gardenofwank - the link is not coming up. Says Not Found.

Comment

• Londonj2014
            • Dec 2017

Comment

• stretchedtight
              • Apr 2013

Originally posted by gardenofwank
              Has anyone ever successfully ordered from Balloons World store (https://www.bwstore.eu/shop2/)? If so, were you able to order without a VAT number?
              Yep, just email them. I was able to order and have shipped to the US. Shipping was very expensive but also quick.

Comment

• loonfan93
                • Jan 2022

Originally posted by UnmaskedLooner
                Reseller:
                Estilo e Festas: https://www.acessoriosparafestas.com.br/index.php
                Brazilian-shop, only ships to Brazil.

I have bought from here in the past, several times. They don't have much of a variety, but they do have Qualatexes. Have bought 11', 16' and even 24' (there were only stamped ones for sale, so they were very expensive, though).
                There doesn't seem to be any 24' qualatexes for sale anymore.

They even have a page for looners, believe it or not (misspelled "lonners"): https://www.acessoriosparafestas.com.br/lonners/
                There's not much on it, sadly.

Qualatex listings: https://www.acessoriosparafestas.com...brand=Qualatex

I think I bought from them about 3-4 times. I don't remember how the packages came in, though. If anything, ask them first before purchasing anything.

It seems they have 36inch balloons made by themselves (Estilo e Festas), which they call it's for decoration and for looners. If it's good or not, I have no idea. This wasn't in the website the last time I bought from them.
                Hello, do you know any other good brazillian seller or international with not so expensive shipping rate?

Originally posted by BusterBill
                I have made dozens of purchases from Aliexpress dealers over the past three or four years with varying degrees of satisfaction.

Aliexpress is bascially the eBay of China. Aliexpress is simply a collection of individual dealers (or "shops") -- anyone who wants to can create a "shop" on Aliexpress, and tens of thousands of Chinese entrepreneurs have done so. The parent company, Alibaba, makes an enormous catalog of products from Chinese manufacturers available to the individual dealers. Each dealer decides what kinds of merchandise he wants to sell in his "shop" and then creates listings from manufacturer-provided photos and descriptions. Prices are set by the dealer, so you will see the same products being sold at different prices by dozens of dealers.

When it comes to balloons, there are not that many manufacturers for the dealers to choose from. I don't know precisely the current number of balloon manufacturers that wholesale to the dealers, but it seems to be in the vicinty of perhaps 8 to 10 manufacturers. Quality is extremely variable from manufacturer to manufacturer.

It is difficult (impossible) to tell from the listings which balloons are going to be outstanding and which will be sub-standard. Some manufacturers use latex or coagulant which has a foul petrol-like chemical smell. Some others add too much plasticizer or stabilizer. But some are excellent, and quite similar to reliable Western brands like Tuftex, Qualatex and Cattex.

I have a short list of dealers that I like for my favorite balloons because I know that those dealers carry better quality products. I built my short list through trial and error by ordering the balloon styles and sizes that I like from a bunch of different dealers over the years.

For what it's worth, in the past 2 years the overall quality of the balloons sold by Aliexpress dealers has improved dramatically. However, don't forget that poor quality products are still sold and that you may be disappointed with your purchase. Fortunately if you are careful and order only a few balloons from each dealer you will have spent very little money to identify the dealers that you like best.

The examples you posted in your note are for modeling balloons, which I've never ordered and which aren't sold by my preferred dealers, so I can't suggest a dealer for you.

My advice would be to go ahead and place a small order, or even several small orders from different dealers and zero in on the dealer that provides the best quality and service for you.

By the way, don't forget to do your homework regarding the dealer's reputation -- the Aliexpress site provides some useful metrics to judge each dealer. The number of sales the dealer has made of any given product is a strong indicator of quality, as is the feedback received from buyers.

Good luck!

Is it possible for you to share your list with us?

Comment

• Clement-BQC
                  • May 2020

Originally posted by LoonerPlanet
                  Shipping from Jennyloons to the US is very expensive. Is it because they ship via DHL?

When I do order from them, I preferably buy the balloons that I can't get anywhere else. My last order was mostly their new, printed Belbal 250's (Happy Birthday, Happy New Year, Boom up the Party), a GL500 with Happy New Year 2022, and some of their Jennyloon balloons. They do have a great selection of high quality balloons that is worth the occasional splurge.
                  Hello, you know that most of the balloons that you site it is possible to ask us through our contact form

If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us.We'll be happy to respond within 48 business hours.No violence, no insults, otherwise we'll get back to you within 5 business days.We're open Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Eastern Time Montreal/Toronto/New York.Warehouse and shipping addres

Certainly some models may require a few weeks to get them but it will be cheaper than having them brought from Europe for a few balloons. Because when we order from cattex or belbal the transport is amortized with the number of balloons we order

See you soon on https://balloune-qc.com

Comment

• justanotherlooner
                    • Mar 2021

Has anyone ordered from dekoballon.de? i would love to know if the boxes they ship in has anything related to balloons on the outside.
                    Last edited by justanotherlooner; 23-01-2022, 13:51.

Comment

• Looner Araki
                      • Aug 2019

Originally posted by Tracy
                      I'm testing a couple suppliers who *claim* (on their websites at least) to still have good stocks of Q16s... which are quickly becoming hard to find. I will let y'all know if they deliver! Or, those of you in the Hudson River Valley area in NY can just listen for the bangs
                      Did you find any reliable suppliers still with Q16s? Almost all webshops I found said that Q16s are out of stock now

Comment

• Clement-BQC
                        • May 2020

Originally posted by akr
                        Did you find any reliable suppliers still with Q16s? Almost all webshops I found said that Q16s are out of stock now

Balloune QC is the largest seller of latex balloons in North America and especially in Canada for its diversity of balloons. We have balloon shapes, sizes, prints and brands that you will never see anywhere else. We ship our products all over the world on behalf of private and corporate customers.

we have some stock in Q16

We have a big price drop on all brands.

Starting at $150 CAD you get free shipping to the US, Quebec and Ontario

Comment

• loonfan93
                          • Jan 2022

Someone know KDI Balloons?
                          How the balloons are? Soft, tough...

Comment

• andrew_looner
                            • Feb 2019

Originally posted by justanotherlooner
                            Has anyone ordered from dekoballon.de? i would love to know if the boxes they ship in has anything related to balloons on the outside.
                            Yeah, I bought from them and the box was plain.

Comment

• Northstar
                              • Jul 2018

Balloune QC is the largest seller of latex balloons in North America and especially in Canada for its diversity of balloons. We have balloon shapes, sizes, prints and brands that you will never see anywhere else. We ship our products all over the world on behalf of private and corporate customers.

Is closing down march 9. Might be a good idea to grab stuff before it too late

Comment

• frankfrank
                                Empathetic Harmonizer
                                • Feb 2018

Originally posted by Clement
                                www.Balloune-qc.com

we have some stock in Q16

We have...
                                Originally posted by Northstar
                                https://balloune-qc.com/
                                Is closing down march 9. Might be a good idea to grab stuff before it too late
                                Clement, I'm so sorry to read that you're closing THIS WEEK. I really hope it was entirely a choice, perhaps to retire, and that it's not something like vanishing customers due to COVID-altered buying habits and/or staffing issues, or the health of anybody there. It's so sad that you, as a source, will be gone later this week. It appears from this Site that those who dealt with you were very happy with your service. Whatever happens, I'm thanking you (on behalf of all customers who have NOT thanked you) for your service. I believe I may have bought from you about four years ago.

Good luck with whatever you do, and please stay healthy, and sensibly safe, and happy wishes to you and your family.

Excelsior!

(Question to informed readers: Is it my imagination that sources are closing, faster than new sources appear?)
                                People who don't know the difference between BURRO and BURROW, can't tell their ass from a hole in the ground.

There's been a lot of thefts of helium-filled balloons recently. More so than in the past, so they're going up. I think inflation is to blame.

"Some people without brains do an awful lot of talking." - The Scarecrow, WIZARD OF OZ, 1939

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎