Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LoonerHoax
    • May 2020

Re: Your biggest Tuftex 17”

The biggest TT17 I ever had was one that was oxidized and had been blown up quite a few times. It had to be close to 30".

Comment

• Stoiclooner
      • Jul 2020

Awesone balloon, so shinny and ready to explode!!
      How did she manage to get this neck? Every time I do a second inflation the balloon gets bigger but the neck gets shorter.

Comment

• Nonpop25
        • Sep 2018

Gotta admit this is one of my favorite threads, I have a bunch of Tuftex 17 and going to see if I can get anywhere close to you all!!

Are Tuftex 24s able to go so much above their rated size? They're my absolute favorite

Comment

• Asclepio
          • Sep 2018

Well I had some tuftex 24” going as big as 30” so yes, they get huge!!
          A looner looking for fun, against violence or people with hightened moral idealism…. I just care about loons, so don’t ruin the fun.

Comment

• gerbil366@outlook.com
            • Dec 2020

I once blew up a 17” after several inflations and it got almost big as a 24” balloon , it was huge

Comment

• Nopops4me
              • Jun 2015

You guys are reporting unbelievable sizes that you are getting your Tuftex 17" balloons blown up to. I've always thought the measurement of balloons is the diameter (side to side), but I noticed a recent measurement pictured was shown as drip point to tie-off knot, including an enormously long inflated neck. If the later is how you are measuring a balloon, then no wonder you're getting such big sizes.
              How do you measure your balloons??

Comment

• BallonBTP
                • Apr 2020

Originally posted by Nopops4me
                You guys are reporting unbelievable sizes that you are getting your Tuftex 17" balloons blown up to. I've always thought the measurement of balloons is the diameter (side to side), but I noticed a recent measurement pictured was shown as drip point to tie-off knot, including an enormously long inflated neck. If the later is how you are measuring a balloon, then no wonder you're getting such big sizes.
                How do you measure your balloons??
                Hi.

I would think about the same as you. The size is measured as the diameter of the balloon body at the widest place (and at a 90 degree angle to the line between mouthpiece and drip point. At least it seems as this being the way the rated size is expected to be measured.
                This said you can of course measure the size of a balloon as you please, but it is hard to compared if there is no standard for how the measuring is done.

BTW - most balloons do get much bigger than their rated size, and it is not that uncommon for a 17" Tuftex balloon to end up at 24" or even more - especially not after repeated inflations. This is one thing that makes balloons so cool.

Greetings
                BallonBTP

Comment

• tebe2hu
                  • Jan 2017

Unfortunately, I never had the chance to test the legendary TT 17-s. Maybe I need to convince my source, the Party Point store to import some boxes... But I need to say, according to the uploaded photos, it's something I simply need to try For me the winner was Susie's balloon

Many years ago, I had a similar experience with the biggest version of Bakovka (Soviet). The rated size was 16" but they inflated way beyond this. These beauties were sold for 8 kopeyek. Once I managed to blew up a yellow one incredibly huge, around 26". I clipped it off to take a photo but I hardly could put back the lens cap after the shot when BANGGG! - it popped. Since it happened +/- 40 years ago, I have no idea where is this photo but I upload if I find it...

The same happened to a cute girl on NY day 1981. After a long NYE party, I stood with my girlfriend (now my wife for many years) in the frosty winter morning, waiting for the first bus. The temperature was around 0F (-18C). There was also a girl coming from the same party. We chatted, joked, even danced a bit to fight the freezing morning. Then she took out a baby blue Bakovka balloon from her pocket, gave a good stretch and proceeded to blow it. She blew for several minutes and inflated it very tight. It was around 20" across. She admired her job and tied a knot. It looked very impressive, I loved the combination of her cute smiling face and the beautiful balloon. The bus arrived and we got in. The girl with the huge balloon sat in front of us. The bus's heating worked very well, the temperature was around 68F (20C). The air in the balloon started to expand from the warmth... Since it was already tight, I couldn't see the process directly but from the higher tone of its squeeks when she touched, I felt it was getting more than tight... In some minutes the girl turned back to say something to my darling when the balloon suddenly burst. No, it didn't touch any sharp edge or so. It was simply highly overinflated. In the bus every one was sleepy after the parties, some were still tipsy or drunk, so the loud bang effected like a sudden gunshot. Tiny shreds flew everywhere and frightened the unartful passengers. Most of them jumped. I remember, my darling and the girl were laughing together
                  Epilogue: after this small incident we made friends. We had lots of fun together and the girls always giggled when remembered the New Year boom Then we finished our universities aand left the city. Now she lives in Argentina but we still are in touch.

Comment

• wildheart
                    • Apr 2015

My last TT17 right before reaching its limit. Some colours get much bigger than this. I had an orange one get to at least 24” the old formula was definitely stretchier but the new ones can get big with a few inflations.
                    Attached Files
                    How big will it go? Only one way to find out...
                    My website: loonerstories.weebly.com

Comment

• TheBiggertheBetter
                      • Dec 2020

This thread has me super fired up. I just ordered a big bag of TT 17s in the tropical colors. I cant wait to surprise the wife with them!

Comment

• Asclepio
                        • Sep 2018

Have fun, tuftex is my favorite brand of all times.
                        They are super reliable and gets far bigger than normal size, they arent as cheap as other brands but damn they worth it.
                        A looner looking for fun, against violence or people with hightened moral idealism…. I just care about loons, so don’t ruin the fun.

Comment

• Asclepio
                          • Sep 2018

You can’t go wrong with a tuftex, they are almost made for abuse ;D
                          Attached Files

Comment

• palloncino90
                            • Jan 2018

Originally posted by DeppLooner
                            You can’t go wrong with a tuftex, they are almost made for abuse ;D
                            Nice one and nice color (pastel green?)
                            I'm also a Tuf-Tex addicted
                            I want to live surrounded of big and colorful balloons

Comment

• Danishlooner
                              • Jan 2018

This is some of my bigger tuftex 17s.
                              I have a few more pics, but my dick is visible on those, so might not be appropriate.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Tafeldienst
                                • Jul 2020

Lets reactivate this beautiful thread: look at these two gorgeous printed TT 17" at their finals blows!
                                Miliseconds before pop...

1.png2.png

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡