Old 25-01-2019, 10:35 PM

815balloon is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Will a GL1200 Support My Weight
Originally Posted by BalloonBoyUK View Post
I suspect very loud. [...] The pop isn't going to be anything tiny, that's for certain!
Sorry, you are wrong. The larger a balloon is, the less loud is the pop. The loudest ones are around 12" balloons because they can get quite tight - large balloons usually don't get tight, so the aren't loud while popping.
Old 26-01-2019, 07:14 PM

snh61 is on a distinguished road
Tell that to a Q16 or Q18, that it can't get tight. You're pretty wrong, or used to those weak and soft tuftex balloons.
Old 29-01-2019, 04:50 PM

BalloonBoyUK is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Re: Will a GL1200 Support My Weight
Originally Posted by 815balloon View Post
Sorry, you are wrong. The larger a balloon is, the less loud is the pop. The loudest ones are around 12" balloons because they can get quite tight - large balloons usually don't get tight, so the aren't loud while popping.
I'm afraid you're wrong on this! The size of a balloon, along with where and how it is popped, can absolutely have something to do with how loud it pops, or rather how loud we - as human beings - experience the popping sound/noise.

The tighter the balloon is stretched, and the acoustics of the room, along with how the balloon is punctured (needle, flame, squeezed by hands/arms/the body, etc, etc) will all affect how loud or quiet the pop is.

This (popping) video help proves this....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zq07ZFMvo-c
Old 29-01-2019, 05:15 PM

scuba is on a distinguished road
I have tried several GL1200's popping on me when i am going out on them floating on the lake
The pop pop is not that lout
Old 29-01-2019, 05:55 PM

815balloon is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by BalloonBoyUK View Post
The size of a balloon, along with where and how it is popped, can absolutely have something to do with how loud it pops
Exactly, that's the same I say, I am not wrong with it.

It's just your "the larger the balloon, the louder the pop" that's absolutely wrong. Everybody knows, that weather balloons don't have a hypersonic boom
Old 31-01-2019, 07:38 AM

sonarloon is on a distinguished road
I'm not sure they are louder as much as boomier. 9 12 balloons have brighter pops and thus we hear them as being louder, though I've heard 24 inch and beyond described as scarier. Based on clips and my own occasional pops alone, I've noticed that the bigger the balloon, the more it sounds like a freaking cannon than a small firecracker.
It doesn't help that most places echo like crazy when a balloon pops. Like seriously, you end up with the natural harmonics of the room 10 seconds after the balloon pops. It's insane. I notice this more with clips featuring larger balloons,18 plus.
But q24s are some weird ass exception! I don't know how qualatex did it, but they managed to design a balloon that is both boomy and bright when it goes! I discovered that this afternoon while riding a pink one. Still a little shaken but I did learn a lesson. Put the usual pillow under it if you want to ride it really hard. Plus I do have a few clips of q24s being generally abused, and they too, agree. Some of the camera equipment microphones are hit with the solid wall of sound composed of the balloon popping and so you can kinda hear them go noooooooo! And that's why if you pay attention, you hear the background noise duck waaay down shortly after it goes.
IDK though, I think probably the best thing to do is record a few examples, but even that could prove tricky for reasons I won't bore you all with.
Related. In the sound designing industry, we sometimes pop balloons to capture the acoustics of a room and produce what are called impulse responses. This allows us to reproduce those acoustics on a production at will, with some limitations. It's seriously a fascinating artform.
Ok ok ok, I'm ranting. I'll run away now.
Old 09-03-2019, 01:15 PM

To get back on track.
As I am writing this I'm sitting on a transparent pink BWS GL1200 balloon.
I have blown it to almost its full size and I am sitting on the balloon with only my feets touching the bed so i don't roll over.
My back and head lies on the balloon and it's really comfortable.
I weigh 85-90kgs and I have been lieing like this for two hours meditating to theta wave music.
The balloon still feels nice and firm under me.
And please. Can we save the
popping topic to another thread?
Well back to meditating
Old 19-04-2019, 07:53 AM

Started the day at 7 am with a ten kilometer bike trip in my new latex catsuit.
It has Adidas markings on it and look like a normal black and red bike suit with white stripes.
And cycling in it feels really good.
When i got home i inflated my purple GL1200 balloon
As I am writing this I'm lying on my back on the balloon still wearing the latex suit and dreaming about the balloon will float up in the air with me on it.
I must confess that i weigh 89 kg, but the balloon holds my intire body without any problem and it's very comfortable to lie on.