Old 19-05-2019, 07:29 PM

balloonboy81 is on a distinguished road
Default Rescued Balloons
I'd like to start a new thread for people who like to go out and rescue balloons from places like restaurants, car dealerships, malls, ect. And also to get people to share what they do with those balloons and your experiences with"rescuing" balloons and give some people some tips about how you do it

For me my favorite place to rescue balloons from are car dealerships. I notice in my city that the dealerships put out balloons on every Saturday so i go a few hours when they close at 5pm and since they are closed on sundays i know that no one will be missing them. There's 2 dealerships i usually go to. 1 of them usually put out 24 inch helium balloons on their cars by the road and the other puts out 17 inch balloons with helium on their front cars.
Old 20-05-2019, 10:44 PM

Seasidelad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Rescued Balloons
I suppose it depends where you live. I used to collect loads doing this although not car dealers as the balloons werenít good by the end of the day or they had already disposed of them. In the UK balloons arenít as easily available and generally smaller like 9 ins in size. Saturdays usually the best day to go out get free balloons some malls had loads in restaurants and shops. I have taken hundreds over the years the bigger and more inflated the better for me.
Old 21-05-2019, 12:03 PM

BalloonBoyUK is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Re: Rescued Balloons
If by "rescuing" you mean stealing, please don't do this. It's just morally unacceptable, and not a cool thing to do. Ask first, and get someone's approval. They may only be balloons, but they're still not yours to just take, no matter what the reasons.

If you mean you ask first, and get told "yes, you can have them", then that's fine.
Old 02-06-2019, 04:39 AM

Chevyhellraiser is on a distinguished road
I love rescuing balloons. I went into a huge party place today that has party rooms, games, food and more. They had large bundles of mylar helium balloons tied at the entrance. As I walked around, there was a white balloon sword in the trash. I rescued it and continued walking around. One of the party hostess ladies was cleaning up a room after the party. As I walked by, I saw her deflating some perfect red helium 12" balloons with a fork. I asked her if I could have them and she happily gave me the rest. She wasn't popping them, but using the time to punch small holes at the bottom and squeezing the air out of them. I managed to grab the 3 she had deflated and thrown on top of the trash and I went to the next hall, I found 3 helium balloons that had floated into a light. There were 2 pink and white ones with stripes and a gold leopard print one. I managed to reach them with the help of a chair and added them to my collection. There was a huge helium arch at the end of the hall, all dark green. As I walked by a bunch of people were popping it. They left about half the balloons and were gathering up to leave. I kept walking into the game room. In the game room, there was a pretty lady with dark hair carrying around a huge bunch of 16" pink and purple Frozen print balloons. I walked over by the trash can and managed to save a 16" clear full of confetti air blown and a deflated yellow smiley face. I was about to head out and the lady with the dark hair let the balloons go. The floated up and hung on a lamp. She laughed and they left. I managed to jump high enough to grab the ribbon and saved them. As I was heading out, I saw two girls popping the rest of the green balloon arch. One has pink air 270s and was slowly stepping on them till they popped and the other was sitting on them. As I headed to the door one of the workers opened the door for me and thanked me for taking the balloons so they dont have to pop all of them. I dont get out often but love rescuing them, asking for them and saving them. My favorites are asking for then as someone is popping them or about to or saving them from the trash. I'll try to share more stories if anyone would like to hear them. I love reading rescue stories as well.
Old 19-06-2019, 12:54 AM

balloonboy81 is on a distinguished road
Another good time was little under a year ago. I was living in Ottawa Canada for a few months and while i was up there i familarized myself with the dealerships that would put out balloons and man they would put some out almost every day at one point. Even if i wouldnt rescue them they would put new ones up. One time after i waited till they closed, i was able to rescue 3 24 inch and 4 17inch full of helium. I was hard pretty much the whole drive back home. Sadly though while i was living in Ottawa i lived with my dad in my aunt's basement and i didnt really have a door cause my "room" was just a corner of the basement and my dad had his own room right by me so i had zero privacy. Its a shame to cause there were sooo many times i was driving home back seat full of oxidized helium balloons knowing i cant really play with them in my bed.
Old 26-06-2019, 06:47 AM

PBK is on a distinguished road
I always ask. I never steal. If I ask and they say yes....BONUS! If they say no...oh well. It sucks but life goes on.
It's such a huge rush to get a bunch of balloons after a function that would otherwise be popped. A little restaurant I eat at near my Houston office uses balloons all the time and one of the waitresses saves some for me every time they clean up. I take them to the room I stay in and lock them in my closet when I fly back to Calgary. I haven't gotten any in awhile just because she can't save them for more than a day or 2 and the timing has been crappy lately, but it's the thought that counts.
I get them from my daughter's functions from time to time.
My wife occasionally brings balloons home from her work whenever they have an open house or a big birthday party.