Are non-poppers more likely to prefer soft balloons?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • softsquishyballoon
    • Feb 2020

Are non-poppers more likely to prefer soft balloons?

I'm definitely a non-popper! I'm gonna guess that most poppers probably pop their balloons before they even get a chance to oxidize.

If you're a non-popper that doesn't like oxidized balloons, what do you usually do when they start to oxidize?
    Soft
    0%
    Shiny
    0%
  • BYGavia
    • Dec 2017

Re: Are non-poppers more likely to prefer soft balloons?

Snip the neck with scissors and let the air out.

Honestly, I don’t mind somewhat oxidized balloons as long as they don’t smell very pungent.

Comment

• palloncino90
      • Jan 2018

I'm non-popper and I don't like soft balloons. I knot them with rubber band so I deflate after playing. Usually after 5 or 6 play I don't want to reuse the same balloon and I throw it.
      I want to live surrounded of big and colorful balloons

Comment

• bubblesNdragons
        • Oct 2019

I keep playing with an oxidized balloon. I'm more worried about it developing thin spots.
        *notices bulge*

Comment

• softsquishyballoon
          • Feb 2020

I still have the rescued balloon that started it all. By this week Wednesday, I will have had it in my possession for seven weeks. I probably won't even bother trying to re-inflate that balloon. I never untied it since I found it, and I don't plan to.

Meanwhile, the 13 12-inch balloons (one was defective, and the other one I lost) from the first set of balloons I bought will be between four weeks and six weeks old by this week Tuesday - and all of them are very soft, now.

My second set are 16 9-inch balloons that I purchased from a grocery store (not Walmart), and they are now between two weeks and four weeks old. None have gotten super soft, yet - and I'm guessing that smaller balloons take a bit longer to soften.

Then I have 13 12-inch balloons (one popped in my face as I was blowing it, while another was defective) from the third set I bought. I was worried that I'd have to throw the rest away, so then I went to purchase two more sets from Walmart - as I wondered if colour was the issue.

Eventually, I figured out that the balloons need to blown up slowly and carefully. So then I blew up the rest from the third set I bought, and blew up four of each from the fourth and fifth sets - and then place the remaining 22 in storage. What I have inflated from those sets are now one week, with a few from the third set being a few days older. They're all still quite firm.
          Last edited by softsquishyballoon; 23-03-2020, 01:57. Reason: minor

Comment

• Exaturbo
            • Feb 2021

I tend to keep big balloons (36” +) inflated and as long as I can.
            My current favorite is the cattex 55” inflated to around 40” so it’s nice and soft still.

Current one is approaching 9 or 10 months and I’ve only had to add more air once.
            Oxidisation doesn’t bother me unless they get too smelly.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎