Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lucid
    • Sep 2016

TT17 formula change?

Tuff tex is almost the only type of balloon we deal with. I Also like some of the other kinds but they are either unreliable, expensive to import or just don't get as big. I'm good with 17s and 24s all day. However, I just ordered up a few new bags of them and they came in new packaging. Then, I noticed they only got a fraction as big as what we're used to seeing. I know when they're new they don't get as big but this is a bigger difference than I've ever seen. And my cheapie intex pump couldn't even pop them. Have yall noticed a drastic difference or am I just freaking out over nothing here lol.
  • Gunnapop
    • Oct 2020

Re: TT17 formula change?

Who did you order from? There are a few Amazon sellers who call their Megatex, Tuftex. They are not the same and barely make it to 15" after a few inflations. I've been burned once, and since then...have been very cognizant of the listing details.

Gunnapop

Comment

• balloons4life
      • Mar 2016

I noticed the same thing. I ordered yellow smiley tt17's from jennyloons and they barely get to 16 inches. Quite sad. What I do is blow them up to the limit and leave them around for a while. They can get to over 17 inches if you reinflate one or two times after that.

Comment

• balloonPatcher
        • Jun 2020

You may want to check the gram weight of the balloon vs a known TT17.
        Punch balls, the size rating did not change for many years but the gram weight changed from 28-30 grams, to 15-17 grams then to 9 grams. With the reduction in weight, the overinflated size also decreased.

Comment

• lucid
          • Sep 2016

Thanks for the replies everybody. I dont remember who I ordered them from but I do know for sure it wasn't anybody from Amazon. I'm almo

Comment

• SAF
            • Nov 2019

The batch I got didn't seem as stretchy as they use to be. The purple balloons use to get HUGE after a few inflations. This batch are hard and don't get anywhere as big. I also noticed they do not smell the same as they use to... BOO!!!

Comment

• lucid
              • Sep 2016

Thanks for the replies everybody. I dont remember who I ordered them from but I do know for sure it wasn't anybody from Amazon. I'm almost certain they are legit tuf tex balloons. Both uninflated and after I've blown them up. The bag they came in looks different but it had all the correct markings on it. I just saw the new bag and noticed they were drastically smaller. And the magenta color is much brighter than usual. More hot pink. But I've noticed this in the last few bags I've gotten. And that's a great idea patcher. I'll weigh those out in comparison to some older ones. Thanks much for the idea.

Comment

• AJK64
                • Jun 2018

I noticed this change a while ago. I used to love tt14 but the are now nowhere as stretchy, so I moved to tt17 which now only get around as big as the tt14s used to get. Sad really

Comment

• racinett
                  • Aug 2016

hmmmm. i ordered about 5 months ago and noticed the formula changed to be a bit more plastically feeling but size still the same for some colors but a couple were differen.

i have more arriving today....will have to check them out! hopefully still good

Comment

• racinett
                    • Aug 2016

Re: TT17 formula change?**still amazing**

tried them out....just as good as i remember. batches are from middle 2021 according to packaging.

tried tangerine....stopped at 22" in diamter and about 35" end to end....may have been able to go a bit bigger.

you must have got a bad batch?

Comment

• balloons4life
                      • Mar 2016

Re: TT17 formula change?**still amazing**

I think you were lucky by getting some of the last old formula tt17's!

Comment

• racinett
                        • Aug 2016

Pretty easy to tell..... What is the manufacture date on the balloons in question?

These are definately in the new bags. I also bought some of their new colors which would have to be made with their new formula

Comment

• LoonerHoax
                          • May 2020

I've had the opposite with mine. The 17" don't seem to be as firm as I remember and get quite large. They are a little over a year old so they might just be growing due to age.

Comment

• lucid
                            • Sep 2016

I've always preferred tt17's after they've gotten some age on them anyway. But obviously not so much age they turn into that half solid half liquid goop lol. There's definitely a fine line in between there. It's usually just before the colors start getting uneven and splotchey. When they are in this sweet spot, they can be pushed to 24 inches or more no problem. The old formula that is. Hopefully the new one too. Manufacturers always gotta be discontinuing all the best stuff and wrecking what they have left lol. I remember the old uniques were the same way. Now they're way smaller AND unpredictable.

Comment

• Meililoon
                              aka lyckr
                              • Sep 2014

I just tried a crystal blue TT17 I bought from Jennyloons recently, after they posted that they had received a new shipment. It defenitely feels different than before and started getting very firm at 15-16". Didn't seem to want to neck on it's own either. It felt more plasticy than before too. I didn't dare to overinflate it, but it held up fine with some light bouncing on the bed.
                              I bought a few TT24 at the same time. Haven't tried them yet to see if they've changed as well.

Originally posted by LoonerHoax
                              I've had the opposite with mine. The 17" don't seem to be as firm as I remember and get quite large. They are a little over a year old so they might just be growing due to age.
                              They get softer and weaker with age. They can be absolutely amazing if you find the sweetspot where they're still quite reliable, but have become softer and larger.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎