How big do you blow up your balloons before it starts to worry you?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How big do you blow up your balloons before it starts to worry you?

I have some rather big balloons now that I got because the prints are super awesome, however I tend to not even blow them up fully, and I don't mean fully as in until the get a neck I mean fully as in they don't even get to their rated size most of the time

Comment

• LoonerGuyRy
      • Feb 2024

I’ll usually get a 12 inch to about this size and tie it...but end up cutting the knot and deflating it pretty quick since I worry about the spontaneous pop.

Who can blow up a balloon with a nice neck and get it tied and not worry about having it just hang around?
      Attached Files

Comment

• OneTrickPony
        • Feb 2024

I also usually just blow them to their respective size, in my case 12" and 16", I want to neck them so bad, not pop them, just a little neck to grasp, at least just a little, but my phobia doesn't let me.
        Actually I did a lot of advance, from underinflate them, to now blow them up to their normal sizes, I hope I can keep going.
        ​​​

​​​
        [ OTP ]
        It's dangerous to go alone! Take this!

* You obtained x1 BALLOON 🎈 *

Comment

• JCB
          • Feb 2021

Suppose & this comes from experience you develop a feel for how much a balloon can take & sometimes two balloons of same kind will inflate to a different limit but experience & feel for each balloon tells me when I need to stop inflation so it doesn't worry me. A long time ago with much less experience it did usually about when a curve began to form that if I continued inflating would lead to a neck. I'm kinda at the ' Keep calm & keep blowing approach. I ♥️ it now I've the confidence to fearlessly blow balloons really big. The bigger a balloon is & the bigger the neck the more beautiful it is.

Comment

• O'Dragon
            • Jan 2024

I inflate them either until I think they don’t grow any further or if I feel they get quite firm.
            Exceptions are brands like belbal or sempertex which are in general quite firm. Then I only watch if it still gets bigger.
            As a non-popper everything beyond that point just makes me very nervous as I like laying, sitting etc. on them and then I would fear the whole time that it might burst anytime. But maybe I just need to be braver.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎