Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bubblyzzz
    • Jul 2017

Party balloon pops

This is, kind of, an extension of the self detonating balloons thread, so forgive me..

The topic was self detonating balloons, but I was wondering:

Do any of you go to places where there are balloons, I mean parties big events, and after seeing all the balloons, wait for that first balloon pop? I mean anticipate it?

It seems to me, that the first pop relaxes people and starts the party off even more, with people feeling more comfortable to pop the balloons.

Do any of you experience this?
  • LoudPop
    • Sep 2018

Re: Party balloon pops

I love finding events or parties where there will be balloons. Seems difficult to find for me now days. Town nearby has an annual Hot Air Balloon festival and vendors have latex balloons (helium and loose un-inflated balloons). Years ago one vendor was passing out these giant 18" earth balloons. I grabbed as many as I could as well as some other balloons (btw Remax reality has great quality balloons). My wife and I was sitting on a blanket waiting on the Hot air balloon liftoff; so I started blowing up some giveaway balloons. I would blow them up so tight that I could barely tie them. And I'd hand each one to my wife; who would simile and carelessly hold it and let it hit a blade of grass. BOOM! It was so wicked. I loved it! We would see and hear the occasional balloon pop from others nearby. I love watching other people and their reactions to balloons popping. Before we left, I blew up three balloons and handed them to her as we started walking back to our car. When we passed under this tree with low hanging branches, she swung the balloons into the branches and popped all three Pow, Pow, Pow! startling the people near us.

Comment

• srob2
      • Dec 2017

People are always hesitant to be the first to pop a balloon. Once one goes, half the time others join in, but half the time someone (usually a cute girl) complains she hates popping or is scared and no one else pops one.

Comment

• Katielynn
        Expert Blower
        • May 2012

I can assure you Srob, I am not that girl ��
        I love to hear the BOOM!

Comment

• Katielynn
          Expert Blower
          • May 2012

And yes Bubbly, I do wait for the first pop when I’m at a place that has lots of balloons. Especially if any of them are overinflated at all. It’s not a nervous anticipation or fear, but more of an excitement thing. That said, I’m not the first one to pop one unless I know it’s socially acceptable. I don’t want to run anyone’s hard work
          I love to hear the BOOM!

Comment

• Bubblyzzz
            • Jul 2017

Me too Katie! I am not usually the first, but I do love it!

Comment

• Asclepio
              • Sep 2018

Im usually expecting that, but since some years ago I have a theory, or the balloons are much better quality than in my childhood (20 years ago) or the people from my childhood just overinflate them more than now. Cause since 7 years ago, the unexpected pop in parties is less and less common for me :c
              We are losing good values in parties hahaha
              A looner looking for fun, against violence or people with hightened moral idealism…. I just care about loons, so don’t ruin the fun.

Comment

• Merciless indian Babe
                • Feb 2022

Yes balloons are common at most parties, and balloons are must part any party or gathering at my place. For popping it all depends where i am. If at someone else's place, I do wait but not for long for the first pop. If i start feeling that balloon have survived enough, i would pop first balloon making it look like and accident like under my heels or with some pin attached to my jewellery or clothes and the make the things go from there.
                If at my house, i usually wait for all people to go, and then kill all balloons in many different ways.

Comment

• PMN985
                  • Aug 2021

Originally posted by Merciless indian Babe
                  Yes balloons are common at most parties, and balloons are must part any party or gathering at my place. For popping it all depends where i am. If at someone else's place, I do wait but not for long for the first pop. If i start feeling that balloon have survived enough, i would pop first balloon making it look like and accident like under my heels or with some pin attached to my jewellery or clothes and the make the things go from there.
                  If at my house, i usually wait for all people to go, and then kill all balloons in many different ways.

I always try the accidental pop myself, so I'm in control of the first band, an acclimation thing to prepare for the certain unexpected ones.

Comment

• aron_crow
                    • May 2020

Usually in parties with balloons I'd say people wait for the main event to slow down and then they get into popping if they are interested or if there are leftover balloons.
                    I wouldn't be the first one to pop or be the one to join the poppers as I feel that I will lose control lol.

Comment

I do tend to agree that once the first one or two balloons pop at a party a lot more will usually follow and most of the time that works as my sign to sneak away and leave.

Random side story but last saturday I was out and about and while in a fast food place I saw a pretty cute girl walking around with a really tightly necked metallic blue balloon, I didn't pay much attention to it I saw her again with the balloon as I was sitting down to eat, her and her friend rounded the corner into a more private place of the restaurant, I was expecting to hear a pop any second but it never came and like 10-15 minutes later the girl and her friend exited the place still hugging the balloon. Weirdly it would have been fun to have heard it pop but at the same time I'm pretty glad it didn't cuz I'm very sure it would have been very loud.

Comment

• Patricklooner330
                        • Mar 2022

Originally posted by Katielynn
                        I can assure you Srob, I am not that girl ��
                        All my balloons that I have lol
                        Image Vt-KSYWGUGvb-K87i-S-e-D7ydxcn-Rgx03onxf6-St-Ms-Tq-JMo-F45a1-Baj-SOtj-TU2c-He-P5 hosted in ImgBB

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        😂
                        🥰
                        😘
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😞
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎