Old 06-02-2019, 04:01 PM
Phobic non-popper

Bjorn is on a distinguished road
Default Popping balloons feels a bit cruel to me
As a phobic non-popper, I hate popping balloons, but to me it's not only the fear about the bang.

I love the shape of balloons, their smell excites me and I love the feeling of the latex to my skin.
Balloons are so exciting and beautiful, I can't stand someone is popping them in my surroundings. Maybe it's a bit strange but it feels a bit cruel to me to pop balloons.

Okay, sometimes I pop a balloon unintentionally while sitting, bouncing or humping on it. I try not to do so, but accidents happens. I always feel a bit shocked and disappointed when I broke a balloon.

The only way to me to clean up balloons without feelings of cruelty is to cut of knot and let them deflate without popping them. That feels okay to me.

Any other looners who feels about the same about popping balloons?
Old 06-02-2019, 05:12 PM

Yen_D_Heart is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Popping balloons feels a bit cruel to me
I dislike popping as well. I am afraid of sudden loud noises, so inflating balloons always makes me nervous. And since balloons also cost some money, I always try to make the best out of them

I can highly recommend clips for your balloons, so you don't have to cut of the knot. Makes re-using balloons (and storing them) hassle free! They come in different sizes and are like clips for closing a bag you want to put into the freezer. You can use them as well, if you have them on hand.
They are very cheap, so I think it's a must for a non-popper!
Old 06-02-2019, 05:47 PM

BalloonBoyUK is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Popping balloons feels a bit cruel to me
I'm a rabid anti-popper too - albeit partly because of my Autism, but also because I hate any loud and unexpected bangs (e.g. fireworks, etc)!

To me, I not only cannot stand the noise, but it's just a complete waste of a lovely object, that I could gain so much more pleasure from. It also feels heartless and cruel.

And, like others, I don't pop balloons ever. The only time it happens, is if I've cuddled one,and it's old and worn-out, and then it's popped, or if the balloon was defective in the first place. Other than that, I either unknot the balloons, and reuse/recycle them, or I cut off the knots and let them deflate before recycling them.