Old 10-11-2019, 04:37 PM

BigBreathless is on a distinguished road
Question Swallowing balloons
Has anyone ever tried to swallow inflated balloons (round or the long ones for modeling)? There are some vids out there of magicians "swallowing" balloons, but they poke a hole in the top and it just deflates while they put in in their mouth.

Another idea I had - I know it sounds crazy, but bear with me:
I want to swallow a hose with a balloon attached to it with a rubber band. When itīs in my stomach, I want to inflate it with a bulb pump and have the ability to blow up/deflate at will. As this might be dangerous, I would love to hear some info from others before I try it out though!

Any input on this would be great!
Cheers!
Old 10-11-2019, 07:28 PM

stormbubble is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Swallowing balloons
That sounds very dangerous and I don't think the hose would go very far, would get stuck in your throat pipe.
Old 12-11-2019, 01:12 PM

BalloonBoyUK is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Re: Swallowing balloons
For what it's worth, "Swallowing" balloons, is - obviously - a trick: you inflate the balloon then as you lower it into your mouth/throat, you simply deflate it slowly, and voila. To the audience, it looks like you've done a magic trick, when all you've done is controlled the deflation, and kept the balloon in your mouth.

What you want to do, sounds way more dangerous and problematic! As has been said, I would NOT recommend people start doing this, in general. The risk of accidents, is too high, and to be honest, whilst it might look fun, I don't think anyone wants to risk swallowing latex shards, or potentially asphyxiating, because of a silly stunt.

So, in my view, please don't do this, for your own safety/sanity, if nothing else.