Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bubblyzzz
    • Jul 2017

Balloon buying obsession

I find that there are times when I am out, that I MUST look in stores and buy balloons! There’s no rhyme or reason why, really. And if I’m looking, and I find something new or unusual, I MUST buy it. This has happened at different stores,at different times, and with varying results, from the dollar store(I purchased the 22” punch balls) to specialty stores.

Anyone else?
  • Benga
    • Sep 2015

Re: Balloon buying obsession

How long do you estimate it generally takes, Bubblyzzz, between the moment you see a balloon in a store that you MUST buy and the moment it is lying in pieces on the floor, having just bid you a loud farewell?

Comment

• marja

Luckily balloons are pretty cheap. So don't care to much about it. Just enjoy it.

I have to admit that sometimes I go shopping just for loons. I visit a lot of general shops that might sell balloons. If I find them I want to buy them to test them. The exceptions are balloons smaller than 11". I am not interested in them.

Comment

• MichaelLoona

I've never been without balloons for quite sometime and I'm talking many years. I contribute that to me being a non popper. I bet ya I have balloons in my stash that might be 10 to 15 years old. They might be good and they may not.It doesn't matter,but that never stops me from buying more. It's a buying obsession just like the title of this thread. I see balloons and think about how bad I want them and I buy them even if I think I need them or not. To me its an awesome feeling to just pick out the balloons, order them and impatiently wait for them to arrive. And when they do arrive, I can't describe the excited feeling I have as I anticipate ripping open the package to check out my goods. So yeah, I can definitely relate with the buying obsession

Comment

• scuba
          • Jan 2017

I always keep a good stock of GL1200 balloons.
          If i find a new store that sell a difriend brand of GL1200 balloons i have to buy them and try them

Comment

• 7balloon
            One of the First Online
            • Dec 2018

For a while I was obsessed with rescuing balloons from car lots and apartment complexes. Lot of good memories.

Comment

• andrew_looner
              • Feb 2019

I like to buy spiral balloons and neon ones (even though I may not need them).

Comment

• Blowitbig
                • Jan 2016

I think the impulse to buy balloons when ever your at a store, just goes along with the fetish for balloons, ( the excitement and anticipation) that comes with our fetish
                The bigger the better

Comment

• Datta
                  • Feb 2019

I just cannot walk pass by blue balloons when I see them in stores. I HAVE to get them. Is anyone else particular with color like that? haha

Comment

• Blowitbig
                    • Jan 2016

Although i don't have a specific color that turns me on when i see balloons at the store , for me its just being near them and how they excite me.
                    The bigger the better

Comment

• MichaelLoona

Originally posted by Blowitbig
                      Although i don't have a specific color that turns me on when i see balloons at the store , for me its just being near them and how they excite me.
                      I'm kinda of like you Blowitbig. Its not really about any certain color although I do have my favorites, but just seeing and being near balloons definitely makes me feel excited and with that I can't help but to just smile

Comment

• Ladywhitewolf
                        • Jan 2019

I usually can't walk past any balloons in stores. It depends what color. I love white, transparent, clear balloons. Even if I don't end up buying any I get very excited just seeing them.

Comment

• PBK
                          • Mar 2019

I usually can't help myself. Especially if I'm travelling and I'm somewhere that has certain balloons unavailable/not for sale in my area. I have far far far more balloons than what I'll ever blow up or use, being a non-popper. But, you only live once. I like having what I want when I want it available to me.

Comment

• Londonj2014
                            • Dec 2017

I have a balloon store near to where I live in London and they sell big balloons. Sometimes I can't help myself although I don't need more, I like to see if they have any new ones. Last week, I bought 2x36", 2x 55" and 2x unknown size yet.
                            Pic attached
                            Attached Files

Comment

• PBK
                              • Mar 2019

WOW! I envy you. I wish I had those balloons readily available at retail stores where I live. The 36" we can get here easily enough but those other 4 are pretty much online order only in my parts (unless someone from my area knows something I don't know).
                              We do, however, have a cheap and abundant supply of Chinese 4 foot balloons available at dollar stores and Michaels craft stores here, but what I would do for a local store that sells balloons like what you have pictured!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎