What is the biggest amount of helium ballloons you have played with ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scuba
    • Jan 2017

What is the biggest amount of helium ballloons you have played with ?

As you proberly know helium is very expensive here in Denmark. So helium balloons are not so common here.
    But one time i bought tree foil helium balloons in a flower shop at valentines day.
    They where fun, but i donĀ“t get the same kick out of them as latex balloons
    My question to you who live in the part of the world is: Have you ever blown a huge number of helium balloons and played with them and how did it feel?
  • Seasider
    • Jan 2016

Re: What is the biggest amount of helium ballloons you have played with ?

I once brought home a dozen red and yellow helium filled balloons (with string and plastic valves) from a restaurant called la Tasca. My wife thought I was made but it was great having the back of the car filled! We got home and we suck the helium out of some and I played with the rest and then deflated them and added them to my collection!!

Comment

• Equui-Nox
      • Nov 2017

I went to Party City and had something like 16 or so Q24s filled with helium. That's the most helium balloons I've had.
      Attached Files

Comment

• balloons4life
        • Mar 2016

Looks awesome, wish I could have that many big helium balloons one day! Must've been a ton of fun!

Comment

• scuba
          • Jan 2017

Wow Prax that looks awsome. I wish that it was as easy to get latex helium balloons here in Denmark

Comment

• Seasider
            • Jan 2016

Those are awesome and my favourite blue colour!!

Comment

• RickStreets23
              • May 2018

Bringing balloons to party city just for helium is such a great idea. Never thought that was possible. How did you ask them? Im really intrested now and i cant stop thinking about this.

Comment

• Equui-Nox
                • Nov 2017

Originally posted by RickStreets23
                Bringing balloons to party city just for helium is such a great idea. Never thought that was possible. How did you ask them? Im really intrested now and i cant stop thinking about this.
                The Party City near me actually stocks some sort of 24" balloon (can't remember the brand), and as such also offers fill-ups for it.

HOWEVER

You don't have to use their 24" balloons. They have predetermined pricing for 24" balloons. Even if your balloon is a Qualatex 24" balloon, and definitely fills up bigger than 24". :3 Or even if your 24" balloon is bigger than the ones that they stock.

All you have to do, is bring your balloons, and some CLIPS (otherwise they will just knot the balloon shut), and tell them you need your 24" (or whatever size you have) balloon filled up. I think they do up to 36", but don't quote me on that. Then you just follow them to where they fill the balloons up, and let them know when to stop. (Any balloons you bring will behave differently than theirs when inflating. They have to rely on you to tell them when enough is enough.)

Also, at the place I go to, the staff love me because the balloons I bring are way better quality than the ones they usually work with, and they also have love the fact that I bring clips (it saves their fingers from having to painfully tie all the balloons I bring).

I wouldn't advise asking them to inflate the balloon until it necks though.

But yeah, they are more than happy to fill your balloons.

Comment

• Tath
                  • Sep 2018

I had a date over to play a few weeks ago and rented a 110 cubic ft helium tank. I managed to get about 24 full Tuf-tex 24" balloons filled up knocking around the top of the room and then a floor full of other 24" and 36" Tuf-tex.

It was a tight squeeze, in a good way. Rainbow and kaleidoscopic. I've got some photos if I could figure out how to post them.

Comment

• Equui-Nox
                    • Nov 2017

Originally posted by Tath
                    I had a date over to play a few weeks ago and rented a 110 cubic ft helium tank. I managed to get about 24 full Tuf-tex 24" balloons filled up knocking around the top of the room and then a floor full of other 24" and 36" Tuf-tex.

It was a tight squeeze, in a good way. Rainbow and kaleidoscopic. I've got some photos if I could figure out how to post them.
                    As I mentioned above, I had 16 inflated, but I was thinking about renting a tank. How much did yours cost, and how many balloons could it fill max ?

I'm hoping to do a massive balloon and inflatable session, with many, many helium balloons. To point where there are two layers of balloons between me and the ceiling, and the floor cannot be seen. Mix of 24 and 36-inch balloons.

Comment

• Tath
                      • Sep 2018

I had a 110 cu ft tank which cost ~$160 (with an additional $150 deposit) and blew up about two dozen 24" tuftex balloons to the point that they had small necks. I used every last puff in the tank for that. I say about because a few popped before the tank was empty.

Total that's about $7.25 balloon (factoring in the cost of the balloons) so it's cheaper to just buy fully inflated 24" balloons from party city. (~$6 each).

That being said I'm paying for chance to play with the pump in private with my date. Plus I don't have to figure out how to transport two dozen big beautiful balloons.

On a side note I can't recommend hi-float enough. I only used hi-float when I was finishing off the tank as it's a bit of a mess when a tightly inflated balloon with an interior coating of wet plastic pops and during play some inevitably will. The helium balloons without the hi-float lasted about 2-4 days and got soft in about one. The longest lasting balloon with hi-float kept in the air for about 3 weeks.

When I've had Party City use hi-float before the balloons still came down within 5 days. Applying it correctly makes a lot of difference and some practice (which I want more of).

I hope that helps. It was fun for a treat but for $150 bucks I'm probably better off just buying 10 bags of 24" and filling my room with 250 air filled balloons. Well, inflating till I run out of space anyhow.

Comment

• OverTheTop
                        • Dec 2013

Originally posted by PraxThePraxel
                        The Party City near me actually stocks some sort of 24" balloon (can't remember the brand), and as such also offers fill-ups for it.

HOWEVER

You don't have to use their 24" balloons. They have predetermined pricing for 24" balloons. Even if your balloon is a Qualatex 24" balloon, and definitely fills up bigger than 24". :3 Or even if your 24" balloon is bigger than the ones that they stock.

All you have to do, is bring your balloons, and some CLIPS (otherwise they will just knot the balloon shut), and tell them you need your 24" (or whatever size you have) balloon filled up. I think they do up to 36", but don't quote me on that. Then you just follow them to where they fill the balloons up, and let them know when to stop. (Any balloons you bring will behave differently than theirs when inflating. They have to rely on you to tell them when enough is enough.)

Also, at the place I go to, the staff love me because the balloons I bring are way better quality than the ones they usually work with, and they also have love the fact that I bring clips (it saves their fingers from having to painfully tie all the balloons I bring).

I wouldn't advise asking them to inflate the balloon until it necks though.

But yeah, they are more than happy to fill your balloons.
                        Hmm... Kind of curious how a Cattex 32" longneck would go, especially if pre-stretched a bit so that the neck fills first.

Comment

• Big Balloons!
                          • Jul 2016

Originally posted by Tath

Ooh please put up some photos! Try the "go advanced" button when replying to the thread then use the little paperclip icon and find the saved photos

What are these rental tanks like for transport too? It's always been an idea in my mind but I'm worried about getting the tank home and back. Sure would must be fun to be able to blow up so many helium balloons in the comfort of your own home

Comment

• scuba
                            • Jan 2017

I just wonder.
                            How many helium balloons say 24``or 32'' would it take if i was to strap them to my body not to float, but just to feel their upward pull.
                            One of my dreams is to walk around with a bounsh of just feeling them pulling upward

Comment

• Tath
                              • Sep 2018

Transport of the tank was easy. I could pick it up, heavy but not back breaking. It's funny (and perfectly logical) but it was noticeably heavier empty.

Since helium isn't explosive they let me just put the tank in the passenger seat of my car. There is a metal cover for the gauge attachment so even if it rolls a little you're unlikely to damage it. I wouldn't toss it in the back of a truck or anything without tying it down.

The place I was renting from didn't really care how long I kept the tank as they had a $150 deposit (in addition to the cost to fill). It was a Oxygen supply company, not a party store so the helium was a just another compressed gas.

You definitely feel the upward pull of 4-5 large balloons. The room I was inflating them for was really too small to hold all of the balloons together as a bundle without having them on the ceiling. The pull was still noticeable.

If you're into the fantasy of lift from a bundle of giant helium balloons have you looked into cluster ballooning? Great photos.

My date and I were tying the balloons to each-other's wrists and ankles. The big balloons took up sufficient space that getting close enough to touch each other got to be a satisfying challenge that accounted for a few good pops. That ended up being more memorable (and fun!) than the lift from the helium. The sensation of having to squeeze through a cloud of balloons for a kiss could probably be recreated with large air filled balloons and ribbon without much trouble.

I looked a little harder and as a new forum member I'm not allowed to post photos yet. When that restriction is lifted I'll put a few in this thread.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎