This party's Blowin up! (Balloons that is)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Katielynn
    Expert Blower
    • May 2012

This party's Blowin up! (Balloons that is)

Hi all and Happy Independence Day to all my American friends!

I'm a little tipsy right now so please excuse the typos, but I love the 4th of July. It has to be one of my favorite holidays. The great food, the good weather, lots of drinks. And of course the fireworks! You know this girl likes her big booms! (Haha it just autocorrected to big boobs, not booms. Also true, but not the point)

So every year John and I host a big party fr the 4th. We have lots f friends over and it's basically an all day pool party and BBQ until we watch fireworks at night. Some of you might be surprised (!) to discover that John and I try and figure out how to incorporate balloons into one of our favorite days ( sarcasm noted). So here's what we did:

I started out the day in party prep mode. After breakfast and making sure the house was clean enough for guests I changed into my bikini and headed to the pool. After skimming the pool I checked all the floats and toys. Some of the beach balls and loungers looked a little deflated. So it took me a few minutes of standing in the pool to gather all the stuff and put a few more breaths into each one. The water was still relatively cool at that point in the morning but it felt good anyway. I firmed up the last beach ball, ironically enough decorated with a British Union Jack and thought of you guys. Inflatables are not really my thing but as I blew hard with my last breath and felt the firmness of the ball I was amazed that anyone could btp it. They always feel s tight, but I can never get any more air in. I don't see how anyone could over inflate them.

Anyway, a few more boring chores later and I was back outside. John had come back from the liquor store and filled the cooler with a variety of alcoholic beverages (some of which Katie might have soon thereafter gotten into, hehe). Our next task and the first of two balloon related projects was to blow up about 50 red, white, and blue balloons. We always invite the whole neighborhood over, and my sister with her husband and kids too. So this year we thought it would be fun to create a fun carnival style game for the kids (and adults too!). John build a big white peg board cntraption about 8 feet long and 4 feet high. We created rows of red and white 12" balloons with a cluster of blue ones in the upper left corner to create an American flag as a dart board game. We bought a bunch of dollar store prizes and kept a bunch of i inflated balloons to give away as prizes to anyone who successfully popped a balloon on the board. It turned out to be great fun! (And lead to several blow to pop contests later, but that's another story). I was really proud of our game and tried to post a picture here, but I guess the file size is too by and it won't let me? I also tried a bikini selfie I got while we were bowing up all the balloons, but that one won't post here either.

Anyway, for most people that would be the end of the story, but let's face it, we're not most people. 😀
    I love to hear the BOOM!
  • Bubble Boy :-P

Re: This party's Blowin up! (Balloons that is)

Ahhhh! Why wasn't I invited!?

Comment

• Blue548
      • Sep 2015

Sounds great! Could also throw in a few 36" balloons lol.

Comment

• Meililoon
        aka lyckr
        • Sep 2014

Sounds like fun, although I always gets anxious when I know there's a chance balloons might pop around me
        Just upload your photos to imgur.com or something and post the links here (Just make an account so that you can easily delete them if you want to in the future). It's a lot better than uploading them to forums.

Comment

• OverTheTop
          • Dec 2013

Sounds like a lot of fun! For the picture, try uploading it to a different image hosting site like Imgur and then pasting the image link here. It works better than uploading it to the forum :P

Comment

• marja

Great to hear you enjoyed the 4th of July!
            Can you give us some more details on how this game lead to several b2p contests and some more details about those contests?

Comment

• bubbahotep
              • Aug 2016

I wish I could go to a party like that.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍