X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bikentlad
    • Apr 2012

Q16 vs tuftex 17

Hey guys n girls how are we all?

Just looking from people who are experienced in this. What would you say has a louder pop the q16 or tuftex 17?

I have both but still quite a nervous popper so asking all the pros out there.
  • wildheart
    • Apr 2015

Re: Q16 vs tuftex 17

Fresh Q16’s are probably louder. I’ve popped them both but they were used balloons so it wasn’t too loud. I know Q11’s are quite a bit louder than tufftex 11”

Q16’s get very tight and don’t neck as easily as tufftex 17”
    How big will it go? Only one way to find out...
    My website: loonerstories.weebly.com

Comment

• AJK64
      • Jun 2018

Definitely q16. Tuftex arent really very loud at all generally.

Comment

• SusieDK
        • Dec 2017

Hi there,

I would say they are about equally loud. Qualatex balloons get somewhat tighter than Tuftex, so maybe this will cause the perception of the pop being louder, but I cannot really hear much difference.
        It is a little more challenging to blow to pop the Q16's though as they get tighter, but for some it might work so that the bigger size of the Tuftex balloons might be a bigger challenge.

I have the idea that the perception of what is loudest is more like a psychological thing than a physical one. At least to me it always seems as if 'stubborn' balloons - those that just won't pop, but keep going on and on - pop louder.

I think you will have to measure the loudness to get an idea, but then it might also vary from balloon to balloon (of the same brand). Might be a fun experiment anyway though.

Thank you for reading my posting.

Sincerely
        Susie

Comment

• pinpopper
          • Mar 2019

I would agree with Susie Q16 used to worry me just cause they get so tight and qualatex balloons are stubborn to pop. If you are a timid popper I would recommend the Unique balloons.

Comment

• bikentlad
            • Apr 2012

Thank you all for your help. I would of actually thought the tuftex would be louder i have burst many q16s and stuffer q18 but not really burst any tuftex yet i have a fresh batch of r17 and t24 nust say very impressed with the t24 man they are great loons.

Comment

• Blowitbig
              • Jan 2016

After a couple inflations the tt 24 inch balloons get huge ,and hold my weight well.
              The bigger the better

Comment

• Loon3r
                • Mar 2020

I got my first Q16s recently and have never had loons bigger than 12 inch before so I'm just curious how big can I trust to blow them without chance of popping? (Sorry my account is still new so I can't make a new thread to ask this)

Comment

• Common Loon
                  • Aug 2020

Originally posted by Loon3r
                  I got my first Q16s recently and have never had loons bigger than 12 inch before so I'm just curious how big can I trust to blow them without chance of popping?
                  Pretty big! Q16s are quite strong balloons.

At minimum, what I find is that however many breaths it takes for you to fill an 11/12" balloon to rated size, try doubling it for starters with the Q16s. For me, four good breaths will make a Q11 plenty full and it takes me 8-10 at minimum before a Q16 is in its fullness range.

Like all Qtex, the Q16s get pretty firm as they get past full. The necks are pretty short so once they start coming out more than a couple inches, you're starting to play with fire. And yet they can often keep going so much further...

Comment

• Loon3r
                    • Mar 2020

Does it make a difference that they're crystals? I've blown them till they're about rated size but they get really firm and can't get them much bigger without chickening out even with hearing protection

Comment

• Common Loon
                      • Aug 2020

Originally posted by Loon3r
                      Does it make a difference that they're crystals? I've blown them till they're about rated size but they get really firm and can't get them much bigger without chickening out even with hearing protection
                      Yeah, that's pretty much just how Q-tex feels. They get tight a lot sooner than you think, and then can still keep growing somehow. Crystal colors in fact should keep stretching the most past rated size.

I tend to chicken out with them too, though, a lot of the time. I like the size and shape they get when they're just past rated size though, and only very rarely try to push them further beyond.

Comment

• bikentlad
                        • Apr 2012

Im loving both balloons now the q16s and tt 17s i must admit i prefer the tt17 as i can get them much bigger than rated as they seem to not get as tight like the q16s but the q16 is still a great balloon.

Comment

• Black_Bear
                          • May 2013

Love Q16's. For me there is no other balloon that comes close. They are so fun to b2p. I attached 2 pictures from today. The Q16s are from a company in the USA. I thought the slow motion pop image was awesome.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍