X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Merl
    Hopper research dept.
    • Apr 2021

Need advice on first innertube

Arrived yesterday. Haven't done anything with it except a good wash and blowing it up as you see here. Happy with the size, feels like there's a good amount of stretch possible when I press down on it.

Questions:

How much bigger can it safely get? I may not want it much bigger but am wanting to be safe and don't know the usual limits. It's about 33" across in the pic.

Is the bulge on one side a concern, or will that even out?

Says made in Korea. Sign of quality? Average? Bad?

I wish it was smooth/ribless. Are smooth tubes available?

All advice is welcome, thanks.
    Attached Files
  • Robkopter
    • Aug 2018

Re: Need advice on first innertube

Hi. Nice tube. You can surely inflate it a lot bigger without concern. They can handle a lot. The buldge isn't that big so it's okay.
    Guessing you're from the USA. Firestone makes good quality tubes. You could visit a tire shop. They usually give away used tubes away . If you can find a white line get that one cause it's natural rubber. Those are q lot softer and stretch better.

Comment

• Danniballoon
      • Mar 2018

I like to get used ones, as they are softer and bouncier and inflate better. I also get a buzz out of having 'rescued' them and the thought that I can ride them without them being re-used and possibly bursting in a tyre.

Comment

• BigBreathless
        • Jun 2017

I am really curious about innertubes. Do they come with the standard car tyre valve? What´s a good sizing for someone to get for humping or riding them on a lake? any reccomendations for suppliers from Germany?

Comment

• Merl
          Hopper research dept.
          • Apr 2021

Originally posted by Robkopter
          Hi. Nice tube. You can surely inflate it a lot bigger without concern. They can handle a lot. The buldge isn't that big so it's okay.
          Guessing you're from the USA. Firestone makes good quality tubes. You could visit a tire shop. They usually give away used tubes away . If you can find a white line get that one cause it's natural rubber. Those are q lot softer and stretch better.

Thanks, will look into a tire shop.

Is the bulge, which has gotten bigger, a sign of bad manufacturing? Will the rest of it fill out as I keep inflating?

Also, I don't know anything about measuring tires. What size was mine meant to fit?

Thanks again.

Comment

• balloonPatcher
            • Jun 2020

Curious about the natural latex tire tubes. Would you know the manufacturers?

Comment

• Robkopter
              • Aug 2018

Originally posted by BigBreathless
              I am really curious about innertubes. Do they come with the standard car tyre valve? What´s a good sizing for someone to get for humping or riding them on a lake? any reccomendations for suppliers from Germany?
              Just get a used tractor tube. Something like 16.9-38 would do. For brands in the EU I'll look for Michelin or Kleber. Or any of the other made in the EU. They'll all have a standard car valve.

As for Merl don't know but usually they can get pretty big. Just let it rest and stretch a little. Yours is from the back torr of a trailer.

You can contact me on discord if you would like robkopter#4704

Comment

• Danniballoon
                • Mar 2018

Check out boxman1971's videos on Youtube. He's started giving the tube sizes & manufacturers name. His videos also give a good idea of how big they will get, before they go BOOM ;-)

Comment

• BigBreathless
                  • Jun 2017

Originally posted by Robkopter

Just get a used tractor tube. Something like 16.9-38 would do. For brands in the EU I'll look for Michelin or Kleber. Or any of the other made in the EU. They'll all have a standard car valve.

As for Merl don't know but usually they can get pretty big. Just let it rest and stretch a little. Yours is from the back torr of a trailer.

You can contact me on discord if you would like robkopter#4704
                  I went with a 16.0/70-20 TR15 tube that was advertised for sledding and is pretty heavy (4kg). It was interesting in comparison with balloons or pooltoys but rather smelly. Most fun was had with a dildo in my butt while riding the tube.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  😂
                  🥰
                  😘
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😞
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎