Is there more of a tendency for solitary people to be attracted to balloons?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JCB
    • Feb 2021

Is there more of a tendency for solitary people to be attracted to balloons?

I don't know whether or not that is the case or maybe it's more generally across the spectrum.
  • lucid
    • Sep 2016

Re: Is there more of a tendency for solitary people to be attracted to balloons?

WILSON!!! Sorry I had to say it lol. But no, ive been both extremely sociable and anti social at times. I would imagine sexual proclivities are a part of most of us before any ingrained social patterns.

Comment

• b0f0s0f
      • Nov 2016

Re: Is there more of a tendency for solitary people to be attracted to balloons?

If your fetish started with a severe phobia like mine, it could be that your subsequent avoidance of social events where balloons might be present affected your socialization. I managed to end up very well socialized, but I am still definitely an introvert and spend the majority of my time in private.

Comment

• JCB
        • Feb 2021

That's similar with myself.

Comment

• frankfrank
          Empathetic Harmonizer
          • Feb 2018

Originally posted by lucid
          WILSON!!! Sorry I had to say it lol. But no, ive been both extremely sociable and anti social at times.
          What a fun reference! (Not everybody will get it.)

Originally posted by b0f0s0f
          I managed to end up very well socialized, but I am still definitely an introvert and spend the majority of my time in private.
          Hmmm...interesting...this, out of only four or five posts. With Meyers-Briggs, I classify as an INFJ, which is the rarest of all introverts in their classification. I took the test, meticulously timing myself within the strict standards set forth in the instructions. I'm not even sure if I would get the same results week to week.

But, in some situations, I am a social butterfly...and I cherish and love my introvert times as well. I am probably taking these quaran-TIMES better than most people. On the other hand, I took a road trip in 2019 that spanned the entire first half of Fall, going to the West Coast (from Illinois), which was nothing but a cascade of visit after visit after visit, spending tons of time with people, and I was SO in my element.

Is this a trend with looners or something? Being adept both at being an introvert, and an extrovert?

Something else that I think of, with looners, is that we as a group, may be people who tend to like cuddling (when we're with somebody else of the homo sapiens species...and maybe with pets) more than the average? I do know that CUDDLING IS DA BOMB with me! The sensations are generally so wonderful that, even if I'm in bed naked with a man I find to be very attractive, the cuddling sensations are very likely to overtake so thoroughly that an actual sex-to-orgasm thing becomes almost impossible for me.
          People who don't know the difference between BURRO and BURROW, can't tell their ass from a hole in the ground.

There's been a lot of thefts of helium-filled balloons recently. More so than in the past, so they're going up. I think inflation is to blame.

"Some people without brains do an awful lot of talking." - The Scarecrow, WIZARD OF OZ, 1939

Comment

• lucid
            • Sep 2016

Hey frank, I had actually taken that same test that you had mentioned a while back after watching a YouTube video about it. I also classified as INFJ. That is awfully peculiar that its the rarest type of introvert classification, yet right here are two of them and also looners. I dont know if there is anything to it but it's super fun to speculate about. That is such a whopper of a coincidence that's it hard no to believe there may be some type of pattern.

Comment

• frankfrank
              Empathetic Harmonizer
              • Feb 2018

Wow, that is definitely interesting.

Also wondering if this preference skews at all (contrary to statistics in the general population) more to straight, bisexual, or gay; people who cuddle or not; oh...and, yes, toward introverts.

I'm a gay, INFJ, cuddle monster...LOL.

Also rather wondering how common some form of autism is with INFJ? I've been curious, because I had enough Asperger's (a diagnosis that was not existent until fairly long in the future later on) to be in an institution for about a year. MY CHOICE...and overall a highly positive influence. I've finally retained pretty much the "fun parts" of Asperger's only, and long since gotten past the self-confidence and esteem hurdles inherent with it.

I think the introvert part may be true, often, with looners?

Which, of course, is also the entire premise of this thread.

Does your username "lucid" mean that you've mastered the art of lucid dreaming? Oh, how I wish...I can only remember two lucid dreams that I've actually had (and one of those two I just so very barely remember).
              Last edited by frankfrank; 15-03-2021, 01:50.
              People who don't know the difference between BURRO and BURROW, can't tell their ass from a hole in the ground.

There's been a lot of thefts of helium-filled balloons recently. More so than in the past, so they're going up. I think inflation is to blame.

"Some people without brains do an awful lot of talking." - The Scarecrow, WIZARD OF OZ, 1939

Comment

• lucid
                • Sep 2016

That's great to hear that you've come to terms with your autism. Through inpatient therapy or otherwise. It takes a great deal of courage to seek outside help and confront such things head on. Many people aren't able to do it at all.

Although I'm straight, I'm also a huge fan of cuddling. B4 all the lock downs I would hit raves quite frequently and spend over half my time in the "cuddle puddles " rather than the dance floor. It's the best.

And 2 answer your question, I wouldn't say I've mastered lucid dreaming but I've always been fascinated by it and have gotten pretty good at it. I'm also the camera guy at lucid productions and gave the studio its name. Before I started shooting looner content, there wasn't anybody on the planet aware of my fetish. Now, all my friends either know or assume. It was a very surreal experience and almost dreamlike in its contrast. So I felt like the name fit.

Comment

• JCB
                  • Feb 2021

I've found a soothing relaxing at peace feeling with being up close with a balloon it should feel abnormal yet it feels so natural. In alone time I'm thankful for balloons. So simple so beautiful & so good

Comment

• frankfrank
                    Empathetic Harmonizer
                    • Feb 2018

Originally posted by lucid
                    That's great to hear that you've come to terms with your autism. Through inpatient therapy or otherwise. It takes a great deal of courage to seek outside help

**Thank you lucid, thanks a TON...yeah...but I had no way to realize at the time that I was summoning courage that I had no idea existed. I was afraid of EVERYTHING. Pretty sure that I had a good dose of agoraphobia or, at the very least, not liking to be around other people. I kept seeing people doing otherwise on TV and in the movies...so much. I could never understand how my dad had been ready to go on a very dangerous mission in "The War" (stationed in the Azores) with the strong possibility people wouldn't come back. It SO HAPPENED that nobody came back from the mission at all, but he couldn't go because he came down with tuberculosis. (So, I exist because of tuberculosis!) I'm glad I got the outside help, though the concept of courage wasn't known by me at all. I was still wetting the bed (approaching 13 Y.O.) and I was starting to develop a very unhealthy fascination with fire. I knew that almost surely wouldn't end well.**

Although I'm straight, I'm also a huge fan of cuddling. B4 all the lock downs I would hit raves quite frequently and spend over half my time in the "cuddle puddles " rather than the dance floor. It's the best
                    **No kidding, lucid: REALLY? RAVES HAD CUDDLE PUDDLES??!!? Probably just as well that I didn't know (and, for that matter, living on this side of "The Pond" because it's a bigger thing in the UK, right?). I could have easily started using rivers of drugs to get AND enhance the cuddling experience. You said this was until the lockdowns, but how far back? And, though I'm a flat-out "Kinsey 6" I'm entirely neutral about things like gender, status, fitness, etc. when a good cuddle comes up. For me, it's not erotic, it's supra-erotic (i.e. at a level beyond and above, where erotic is nonexistent or nearly so) and a far more cerebral experience than just being horny which is, after all, a mere basic instinct. I "discovered" (as in, it actually being an organized event) cuddling here in Chicago, well, it will be three years ago on the 31st. I've been to them at one gay location and two straight locations, and I have since missed them Big Time...COVID, you know. I live for that kind of thing - not to mention other cool events that needed to disband a year ago, too.**

And 2 answer your question, I wouldn't say I've mastered lucid dreaming but I've always been fascinated by it and have gotten pretty good at it. I'm also the camera guy at lucid productions and gave the studio its name. Before I started shooting looner content, there wasn't anybody on the planet aware of my fetish. Now, all my friends either know or assume. It was a very surreal experience and almost dreamlike in its contrast. So I felt like the name fit.

**So you are doing films/videos of looner content? Whoaaa, that's cool! But, you said you're "pretty good at it" - lucid dreaming. By private message I'll send you the lucid dream that I remember, and wondering in return if you have any that were really fun. Mine was certainly one of those outside-the-box things, as you'll see.**
                    Hi Lucid,

Thank you greatly for the response, which I appreciate completely. My responses in the body of the quotes above...
                    Last edited by frankfrank; 16-03-2021, 05:18.

Comment

• lucid
                      • Sep 2016

Hey Frank, I attempted to reply to your PM but dunno if I did it correctly so if you didn't get it just let me know and I'll give it another go. But yes, I don't know if "cuddle puddle " is an official term but that's what we call them in this region of the US (south east). You would literally have to step over people in the middle of the floor to get to the other side of the room sometimes lol. Before covid we were going strong usually in Roanoke , Charlotte and Atlanta all the way up to 2019. Although the frequency wasn't as much as in the past.

Comment

• frankfrank
                        Empathetic Harmonizer
                        • Feb 2018

^ Yeah, it is there, man...thanks!

The cuddle group in Chicago introduced it as a "cuddle puddle" in late 2018 or early 2019. Of course the last one was more than a year ago, OUCH...man, I so yearn for those things. One of the greatest things since sliced bread, as the saying goes.

Um...wait a sec..."WE were going strong usually in Roanoke, Charlotte and Atlanta"? Are you telling me that you were helping ORGANIZE some of these events? Sweeeet! We should PM about some of this, because looks like we may have stuff to write to each other about. Are these straight/co-ed, or gay, ones? Or both, or all? With cuddling, none of that is important.

Once they resume, we might even let each other know about events that one of us may not know about.

Comment

• hudi03xo
                          • Jun 2023

Originally posted by frankfrank
                          What a fun reference! (Not everybody will get it.)
                          Friday Night Dinner?

Comment

• Chip67
                            • Dec 2019

Good question JCB ! Growing up I was pretty much an only child; I had sisters that were 14 to 16 year older than me. So yes I was by myself when I was'nt at friends house or they were at mine. Other than that, when I was alone, Balloons were always a great comfort to me, they made me happy. My parent were very cool about it, as a matter of fact my mother would take me to F.W. Woolworths to get some bags of balloons as well as 4 to 6 big helium balloons. The balloons were my friends.

Comment

• LoonerPlanet
                              • Nov 2018

I grew up with 2 sisters. However, being phobic as a youth, I avoided birthday parties and events where there might be balloons. Moreover, my family wasn't very social outside of the larger family unit. My birthday parties consisted of just one or two school mates.

I'm still not a big party or event person, although I do now enjoy the increasingly rare balloon decorations.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎