Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blueballoondude89
    • Apr 2022

Qualatex discontinued balloons that you want back

So, which balloons are you sad that Qualatex decided to drop? I really loved the Pearl forest green. As soon as I heard, I ordered some before they were all gone. Blew up a couple this past St. Patrick’s day.

But I’m really upset that they discontinued the striped, star, polka dots and wavy stripes sprays and all we have left are the Quicklink wavy stripes 😢 I also ordered the yellow, orange, pink and light blue 11 inch sprays once I saw that they were no longer in the catalog, and I’m keeping them in the freezer. Trying to make those last as long as possible. Why did Qualatex suddenly decide to just stop these? I also had some of the Jewel toned all white polka dot sprays but with age, some of those degraded and I had to throw them away. 😭

I wish the Wavy stripes were on regular 11 inch rounds. I tried pushing the “antenna” into the balloon so it would look round but the shape was still kind of funky.
  • LoneLoonRider
    • Jan 2017

Re: Qualatex discontinued balloons that you want back

Aside from the obvious Q24, I've heard legends that they used to have a 40" that was very strong.

Comment

• Blueballoondude89
      • Apr 2022

I was never crazy about the shape of the Q24s. I did have one once back in 2008, and it lasted a pretty good while (helium filled with hi float) but once people inflated it until it got that long neck, I didn’t like the shape.

I wonder how long ago those 40 inch were? I think back in the 70s and 80s they had more rounder 24 inch. I wish Qtex had an archive of old catalogs but all I can find on eBay are the same 2 catalogs from the 70s, and some 1983 Pioneer.

Comment

• FunLooner
        • Dec 2019

If anyone is interested I’ll be selling my stock of Qualatex 24”

Comment

• Casey88
          lukmanrewa
          • Jun 2012

Originally posted by FunLooner
          If anyone is interested I’ll be selling my stock of Qualatex 24”
          yes please, how to buy them?

Comment

• Evelyn
            • Apr 2022

Actually I never had Q24 in my life Are they really so great or it's just all about marketing?
            My lovely balloons - love them so much

Comment

• Danman1987
              • Nov 2012

The Q24 where really great. Too bad it discontinued . Besides that the 16" geo donuts are discontinued too.

Comment

• yet_another_aussie
                • Dec 2019

Off topic, do 16" Donuts really get to 16" across? I snagged a bag because I heard they were going extinct.

Comment

• izzyrob
                  • Oct 2018

I miss the 16” Mickey Mouse around print…bought some from a seller on eBay last year and have them stored away for a rainy day.

Comment

• Frustrated blower
                    • Dec 2021

I had one of those 40" ones. Nice paddle balloon.

When I first started really exploring my fetish, I went to a semi-local party store and bought my first Q24s. I asked the lady at the counter if they had anything bigger, and she says, "Let's go look". Takes me into the back room, and they had some Q36, which I wasn't interested In, and she says "Wait, we've got one of these left". I think I got one of the last ones made. I only got a chance to inflate it a couple of times, and I unfortunately stored them in the bathroom, and the humidity got to it. But it got huge.

That, and my Tilly 40's are the two I regret the most of not taking better care of when I was starting out.

Comment

• BalloonFun
                      • Apr 2022

Originally posted by LoneLoonRider
                      Aside from the obvious Q24, I've heard legends that they used to have a 40" that was very strong.
                      You may be right about the 40" (latex) having been a legend. The biggest Q's now are the 36" latex. The only 40" Q loons today are foil balloons.

Comment

• LoonerHoax
                        • May 2020

I definitely miss "fresh" Q24's. I still have quite a stash of them so I don't miss them yet. My "Love/B-day" prints are deteriorating pretty fast. Might just need to have a big popping session with the ones that actually inflate. The others that I have are almost as good as fresh. I had a few of the 40" when I was really young. I miss the 14". They were a really fun size. Wish I had the spare money to buy up a bunch of 16" GEOs and big polka dot prints from my local distributor.

Comment

• Blueballoondude89
                          • Apr 2022

They’re discontinuing Geos? Ugh why? I wish I could see a photo of an inflated 40 inch that was molded on the paddle. Also, what “love/bday” prints are those, LoonerHoax?

And please tell me they’re keeping the big polka dots and not discontinuing those either

Comment

• Black_Bear
                            • May 2013

Originally posted by Blueballoondude89
                            They’re discontinuing Geos? Ugh why? I wish I could see a photo of an inflated 40 inch that was molded on the paddle. Also, what “love/bday” prints are those, LoonerHoax?

And please tell me they’re keeping the big polka dots and not discontinuing those either
                            Polka Dots on Q16s are gone. Discontinued. But they still have them for 11" and 36".

Comment

• LoonerPlanet
                              • Nov 2018

I miss alll the Qualtex balloons of my youth. I could swear that their 11" and 16" used to be bigger with slightly longer necks. And, of course, I miss fresh Q24 (still have some in my collection for special occasions). Plus they have discontinued the stripes, dots and swirl patterns that I loved on the 16" and 18". The 16" pearls were cool--more like an 18" balloon, but they seem to be gone, too. The 36" is too round for my tastes. From my perspective the 18" stuffer is the only decent shaped balloon left. I will say that they are high quality balloons and very good for non poppers.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎