Old 08-09-2019, 11:10 PM

LavenderLemon is on a distinguished road
Default Rubber Bands
I was having trouble tying some of the balloons I use regularly, so I’ve been doing some experiments in preparation for an order I’m waiting on. The best alternative to tying I have found so far are Scünci brand rubber bands. The bands came in packets of 250, and I had the option to choose black, clear, or mixed colors. I opted for the rainbow mix. The bands themselves come in (at least) 4 different sizes.

I inflated an Amscan 24” balloon (pearl tone, rose gold) to its rated size 3 days ago, and sealed the neck with one scünci rubber band. To get them to seal the balloon tightly enough, I pulled one end of the rubber band up through the other end, with the neck tightly pinched in the middle, and gently pulled it closed. Then, I wrapped the remaining loop around the neck multiple times in the same way one would normally use a rubber band. There has been no air loss despite being played with daily.

The scünci bands are easily removable, but do not re-use well. I have not needed scissors or even my nails to unwrap them from the neck.

To give a better idea of the sizes, I used a US quarter and an English £1 coin for comparison.
Attached Images:
Old 10-09-2019, 04:11 PM

PBK is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Rubber Bands
We use hair elastics for larger balloons. I've used rubber bands from old punchballs, too
Old 10-09-2019, 05:22 PM

LavenderLemon is on a distinguished road
That’s interesting. What kind of hair elastics do you use? I have tried using some before, but they have never really worked for me. To be fair, I have very thick/heavy hair, so the only elastics I usually have on hand are the thicker ones wrapped in nylon.
Old 10-09-2019, 08:19 PM
I ♥ balloons

Big Balloons! is on a distinguished road
These work pretty well, just got to be careful of them breaking like any rubber band really. What worked for me also was a box of those loom bands for making bracelets and stuff that trended a few years ago