Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Yen_D_Heart
    • Jan 2019

Re: Does size matter

I have no doubt that it could be amazing, but it seems not all that enticing for me. Especially since larger balloons would probably be not so practical, plus the constant fear of them popping :P

I don't think I will try it any time soon. It would take a long time to prepare and cost quite a bit of money that I don't want to spend on my fetish if I would do it somewhere else than my home.

I understand the fascination and pleasure it could give to others, but my experience with balloons don't line up with that.

Comment

• Eastlooner
      • Apr 2019

I started with some small sizes- 12" were the only available and were always overinflated and perfect blown. Then I went to bigger ones- tried 24-36" and giant figurines, bought also some climb-in ones (never blown and rescued with a an oven now) but never was into them too much. The best were Greek Swan loons 19 and 21 pear shaped and Everts 18 and 20"- both not available now. So I went back and 14" Belbals (great neck), 16" Uniques(teardrop) and Qualatexes (something in between) are my favourite now Sometimes I blow some Tuftexes 24 or Q24, but only few of them, they work as a temporary decor and are popped fast by my wife, just to create some space for us and without my protest. GLs- 500 are too small, 1200 too large so we stay with 700s'

Comment

• QuickRide1284
        • May 2019

Yes, for me size does matter, the larger the balloon the more it turns me on. The largest balloons I own are 36" and they are my favorites to play with, and I'm trying to get some larger balloons.

Comment

• Whoopsapopperlips
          • Jan 2019

I like ‘em big.
          Rarely get overly entertained by anything under 14”
          Like them best when they are on about their fifth full inflation, way past their rated size, starting to get a decent neck, but still quite soft and bouncy.

Then it’s tightening time.

Favourites are Belbal (if you miss Qtex24, try theirs), Cattex, Tuftex.
          Usually 24-36, GL 500/700, giant figures etc. if cost were no issue would love to have more 45 inch and up.

Comment

• OverTheTop
            • Dec 2013

I'm in the same boat with regards to larger balloons - anything smaller than 24" just doesn't really do it for me. I like something that I can bounce on, preferably without popping (unless I want it to pop). I particularly like the GLs since they're so huge, soft, and durable - you can blow them up and then lie back on them and they'll completely support you with little chance of popping, even when overinflated.

Comment

• PBK
              • Mar 2019

I love most balloons for different reasons. From 5" "dart" balloons to 84" Cloudbusters. Punchballs are my first and foremost love. Especially the thick punchballs that a company called Blue Bird used to make. Qualatex bought Blue Bird and continues to make that style of punchball, but they aren't the same as when they were made by Blue Bird. The latex composition, color shades, feel and even smell is different. I still have a bunch of actual Blue Bird punchballs but they're getting old and I'm not sure they would not pop. Those punchballs were unstable when inflated past their factory recommended size when they were brand new.
              I think the only balloons that don't really do it for me are water balloons and twisty animal balloons.

Comment

• globos&bears
                • Jun 2019

I do like all balloons, it is a matter to find a nice way to use them, but my favs are 16" or greater.

Comment

• Helium1234
                  • Dec 2016

I'm totally into helium balloons so the bigger the better. 24s and larger are a ton of fun.

Comment

• craig farnham
                    • Aug 2017

I m in to helium too. Blowing up 24 inch and bigger on my tank turns me on. I love to suck helium too.

Comment

• PBK
                      • Mar 2019

There's nothing I find more amazing to stare at than a nice, big, well inflated bunch of TufTex and Unique 24's blown to full capacity with helium and tied into a nice bunch, gently swaying in the breeze. Kind of like the bunch I'm presently staring at.

Comment

• t17forLife
                        • May 2015

I'm a semi-popper, but I like different sizes for different reasons. I'm not a fan of 9" or 5" balloons because they are too tight and hard to inflate, not to mention extremely small. I go for a "regulation" 11" or 12" balloon, not really brand partial. Those are good for a quick blow-to-pop, stuffing inside clothing, I can get 7 or 8 and have a good time.

I realize that this is the non-popper forum. Although I prefer to do blow-to-pops with "mid size" balloons like the Tuf-Tex 17, they are great for riding too. My favorite for riding are the 36" balloons made by Amscan at Party City and the 36" Way To Celebrate balloons at Wal*Mart. They take a lot of abuse and still hold up. Some folks on here have inflated them to over 45-48"!

Comment

• Helium1234
                          • Dec 2016

JEALOUS!!!! Since the Q24s are gone, how are the TT?

Comment

• PBK
                            • Mar 2019

The TT24 is a totally different balloon from the Qtex 24. I like the Tuftex 24 but it's definitely no Qualatex 24. The Qtex 24's were almost made with looners in mind. They neck beautifully, take a lot of riding and abuse and for the poppers they sound like a cannon when BTP'd (so I'm told).
                            The TT24's have a nice shape when blown up, and a decent neck can be coaxed out of them. I have them in my helium bunches all the time. They definitely don't get as big as the Qtex 24's and they neck nowhere near as nice, imho, but they're a nice balloon for filling with helium or just filling with air and having around. In my experience they take a lot of abuse but they are prone to defects.

Comment

• OverTheTop
                              • Dec 2013

Originally posted by PBK
                              The TT24 is a totally different balloon from the Qtex 24. I like the Tuftex 24 but it's definitely no Qualatex 24. The Qtex 24's were almost made with looners in mind. They neck beautifully, take a lot of riding and abuse and for the poppers they sound like a cannon when BTP'd (so I'm told).
                              The TT24's have a nice shape when blown up, and a decent neck can be coaxed out of them. I have them in my helium bunches all the time. They definitely don't get as big as the Qtex 24's and they neck nowhere near as nice, imho, but they're a nice balloon for filling with helium or just filling with air and having around. In my experience they take a lot of abuse but they are prone to defects.
                              Have you tried the Cattex 32" longnecks? They're literally made with looners in mind, and in my opinion are the best replacement for the Q24. Larger body, largest neck on any balloon I've ever seen (of course), strong and bouncy - great for riding.

Comment

• PBK
                                • Mar 2019

Honestly, no, I haven't. I have heard about them and have seen pictures of the amazing necks they produce. Next time I do an order I'll have to order a few as I am definitely a big fan of the old Q-tex 24's and their shape.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎