Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Whoopsapopperlips
    • Jan 2019

Dollar store score

The other day I found a local dollar store which stocked Amscan balloons.
    Did they have 24”? Yes, not a great variety of colours, but yes.
    Looked up above them on the rack and they had 24” Unique as well.
    Dumped my haul on the counter and was sweetly asked
    “Do you need these filled?”
  • Seidenki
    • Dec 2016

Re: Dollar store score

When I visited the US some weeks ago, I just had to locate a Party City for these famous 24" Amscan balloons. Turns out it was so worth it! Second trip I bought quite a lot more and the cashier almost did a double take. :-)

Comment

• Loonorm
      • Mar 2019

Originally posted by Whoopsapopperlips
      The other day I found a local dollar store which stocked Amscan balloons.
      Did they have 24”? Yes, not a great variety of colours, but yes.
      Looked up above them on the rack and they had 24” Unique as well.
      Dumped my haul on the counter and was sweetly asked
      “Do you need these filled?”
      Which dollar store might that be? Is it in the States, or elsewhere? Thanks

Comment

• Strel0k
        • Jul 2014

Where I live (in the midwest US), there is a chain of stores called Dollar Tree. They stock Amscan balloons! Although only with a limited selection, such as only the single color bags. For a while they had bags with a variety of balloons (different sizes, long ones, heart shaped, rabbit shaped...) but they stopped carrying those sometime in the last year

Comment

• BYGavia
          • Dec 2017

Originally posted by Strel0k
          Where I live (in the midwest US), there is a chain of stores called Dollar Tree. They stock Amscan balloons! Although only with a limited selection, such as only the single color bags. For a while they had bags with a variety of balloons (different sizes, long ones, heart shaped, rabbit shaped...) but they stopped carrying those sometime in the last year
          Try Party City!

Comment

• Seidenki
            • Dec 2016

Originally posted by Strel0k
            I happened to visit a Dollar Tree a few months ago in Texas. Unlike cheap balloons sold in Australia, which are made in China, the cheap balloons in Dollar Tree were made in Mexico! Not Amscan, but still pretty good! I bought a bag of mized sized, mostly different sizes of round, but there are some long and a few doll-shapes ones, too. I think there's even a rabbit shape...

Comment

• Strel0k
              • Jul 2014

Originally posted by BlueYoshi
              Try Party City!
              That's where I normally get them. I was just happy to see them also at Dollar Tree.

Originally posted by Seidenki
              I happened to visit a Dollar Tree a few months ago in Texas. Unlike cheap balloons sold in Australia, which are made in China, the cheap balloons in Dollar Tree were made in Mexico! Not Amscan, but still pretty good! I bought a bag of mized sized, mostly different sizes of round, but there are some long and a few doll-shapes ones, too. I think there's even a rabbit shape...
              They don't say Amscan on them but they smell, feel, and inflate just like Amscan so I did a little searching online. Sure enough, they're the real deal! I'm guessing when they have extras from a batch, they'll package them for Dollar Tree.

Comment

• Loonorm
                • Mar 2019

So...went into a MICHAEL’s store yesterday and found them to have 36” China balloons in a bag of 2 for $4.00!!! Many colors available too!!! WOW are these fun to inflate and ride!

Comment

• PBK
                  • Mar 2019

The dollar stores (Dollarama) up here in Canuck land stock these 36" Chinese paddle balloons. They used to have smiley faces printed on them but for the last couple of months they haven't been stocked in the locations in my area. The ones that are there now are just plain in orange, blue and red 36" paddle balloons that inflate into a nice tear drop shape and grow a nice long neck if you really push them.
                  For a Chinese-made balloon they are remarkably strong and resilient. I remember years ago I didn't even give these balloons a look because they were cheap and crappy but their QC seems to have improved over the last several years.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  😂
                  🥰
                  😘
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😞
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎