Old 06-10-2019, 07:16 PM

BalloonBoyUK is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Many other female looners?
Having been on many Looner forums/sites, and seen what happens when a lady announces her presence online, and then see her being flooded with PM's, messages of "Can we chat privately" (or worse), and then see many of these same women then flee because the men get all stalker-ish/pissy when they don't get an immediate response to their liking, I can see why 99% of women don't announce who they are, or even go online to say that they like balloons sexually as well.

Sadly, too many men cannot grasp the simple fact that the female participants joining the group do NOT want dozens and dozens of men bombarding them with "Let's chat", or "I'd really like to get to know you more" messages. I wouldn't. It's horrible seeing what happens, and men get very possessive. Not all men, of course. But seeing what happens just saddens me hugely. For the past 20-30 years, on numerous Looner sites/forums, I've seen the damage that occurs, and frankly - if I were a woman - I'd NOT announce my gender online either.

I see it on this forum too. Not long after I joined here, I posted a long message about this, because it really annoyed me seeing this still happen in 2019, even on this very Forum. I'd kind of hoped we'd all moved on from the whole "descending on women, en-masse", but it seems we haven't.

Everyone, regardless of who you are or how you see/define yourself, wants to connect with someone online with the fetish, and all of us, want to feel special and loved and accepted too. Because our fetish is unique (no pun intended), I get that. People will use whatever methods available to them, to try and meet someone.

But this is the internet, and the golden rule of the Net is "What you see online, and who the person actually is in real-life, rarely match-up".

No one, of any gender or sexuality, should have to deal with dozens of people descending upon them, with "Can I be your friend" messages, when no one's even exchanged any kind of introductions. You wouldn't do it in real-life, so why do it online? That's not how any friendship starts. Not, at least, any decent/sound friendship. People have to start with the basics: name, age, location, your likes/dislikes. You don't need to give-out every detail, if you don't want too, but if you aren't honest, then that friendship will be doomed.

I wish there was a Looner equivalent of dating sites/apps, but whilst there have been a couple over the past 20 years or so, they died-off quickly, because almost everyone who joined was male.

For me, our fetish is mild, and rather innocent and fun. It's actually quite sweet and endearing, compared to many fetishes. So, if you really want to meet someone, the honest answer is, do what you'd do in-real-life. Start off with "Hi, I'm X. Nice to meet you.", and go from there. Don't start with the "I love to B2P 24" Qualatex balloons, and see women bouncing up and down on them too", because even for the few women who may like that too, that's not the way to start a conversation off, let alone a friendship.

Start with the basic, generic stuff, then go on to the Looning stuff, once there's some kind of friendship groundwork set-out.
Old 06-10-2019, 09:52 PM

TheGrimLooner is on a distinguished road
I find that these old school style forums are good in that respect of not being flooded.

I looked back at my messages from UK looners after I introduced myself and put my asl in the post (24/f at the time). I got a whole TWO PMs on the day. And a rough count, 8 people PM me total. On blowtopop, I don't think I introduced myself, but not many PMs either.

Very different from your experience, Balloon Boy. But I am just one person! And all it can take is one sour stalking experience to turn someone away. And I'm talking about these forums. Youtube, facebook and VK are completely different experiences.
My main message here is anyone is free to message me here and ask whatever, and up to me if I want to respond or not.

Another fustrating thing is men pretending to be women online. We really don't know who anyone is and what they say is true. Usually who cares - until we start talking about women's experiences* and they muddy the water with fake experiences.

*or any experience you are trying to relate to, but is known for being bullshitted about.
Old 07-10-2019, 11:08 AM

BalloonBoyUK is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by TheGrimLooner View Post
I find that these old school style forums are good in that respect of not being flooded.

I agree. But then, these kinds of Forums tend to be moderated, which helps a lot. The fact that this forum is moderated by a woman also helps make a difference, compared to those run by men.

And all it can take is one sour stalking experience to turn someone away. And I'm talking about these forums. Youtube, facebook and VK are completely different experiences.

Again, I concur. Every site/forum is different. But I do think, over the years, I've seen enough to say that - generally-speaking - there's reasons why many women looners don't want to announce themselves online. Same as they won't want to advertise their status of being single in a bar. Too many men would give them a hard time. But this is more to do with society, and patriarchy, than anything else.

My main message here is anyone is free to message me here and ask whatever, and up to me if I want to respond or not.

And that's nice for you to be so open like that, but many women may not have your confidence and courage to be that bold. Again, without meaning to sound like a broken record here, this is a societal issue, as well as an "Internet" issue.

Another fustrating thing is men pretending to be women online.

Or anyone pretending to be someone they aren't. There's a difference, in my view, of someone modifying their location/age a little-bit, and completely pretending to be someone else. That's fine, if you're not looking to meet people socially and make new friends, but when that line is crossed into being a persona online, but being someone else entirely in the real world, then that's not good if it involves deceiving others or potentially misleading them into believeing something that isn't fundamentally true.

For what it's worth, I don't want to suggest or imply that anything I've written in this thread, is me trying to "mansplain" stuff, nor me trying to imply that I speak for any, all, or even a few women. I don't. I can only say what I do, purely from what I've witnessed. But people can and should speak for themselves too.

I only offer up my comments, as my own experiences from which others can take what they wish too.