Old 02-11-2019, 08:00 PM

heaviest is on a distinguished road
Default Re: swim rings
585 pound "new girl" sat on a 30 inch ring. Not really a popping session, but it was there, so she sat on it. It held her, which isn't the expected result but isn't surprising, either, provided she spreads her weight over the whole thing. She shrugs, carries on with conversation. After a minute I can't stand not knowing, so I ask her if it has deflated, and she says it hasn't. She scoots forward to feel it behind her, which unevenly loads it...and it still doesn't pop. Some of her weight is on the floor, because she doesn't fit on the ring, but there's still a crapload of weight on it, and it's unevenly loaded. I look behind her, and there's a huge bulge in the vinyl. It looks like a bubble about to burst!

She got off it and we looked at it. One side is stretched more than I've ever seen. We add air so the thing is tight, and I grab a tape measure. One side is 23 inches around and the other is 30. A new record, and it doesn't even have any weight on it. It might be permanently stretched.

We put it on the floor and she rolls onto one hip, pushes the ring under her, and leans on the thing, on the small side. It holds her, so she leans into harder. It expands noticeably. She rolls off so I can get the measuring tape around it, and rolls back onto it, harder than before. 33 inches, and the tape gets tight immediately, so it's stretching quickly. I release it, she rolls more weight onto it, and I measure again. 34 inches, and it gets tight again. I release it and measure again. 34 1/2 inches. She's afraid it's going to blow, and I admit I'd like to keep it and see if it recovers, so she rolls off. We add air so it's tight again. It's 34 inches unloaded but full. I may have mis-measured its largest size, because it seems to have shrunk quite a bit...to 34 inches.

After a while it feels really tight, unloaded, and I know it will just develop a leak if I leave it like that, so I let some air out. It's now been quite a while more, and it is now 22 1/2 inches on the small side and 32 1/2 inches on the bulging side.

Both sides of the seam are bulged, top and bottom, but it's bulged on one side, the warning label side, much more than the other side, and the label is seriously distorted. And you know how the outside of the ring normally puckers even when it's full? On the bulging side of the ring it doesn't pucker. And the hole isn't round.

She weighs just about as much as I do, and I've sat on these things many times and never seen this.

ETA I let more air out so it can recover some more, and hours later it is now a little bit soft and 22 1/4 inches around the small side and 31 1/2 inches around the bulging side.

ETA We loaded this thing up again and got it to 37 1/2 inches. I then let it sit for days and it recovered, inflated but not overinflated, to 34 inches. My partner popped it with just part of her weight.

Last edited by heaviest; 08-11-2019 at 02:28 PM.
Old 15-11-2019, 12:40 AM

Tookus is on a distinguished road
These Bigmouth Heart floats are my favorite rings, they're great at the lake, and fun to combine with other toys and dolls indoors. I poured a couple of ounces of softener in one today, just to see if I can make them a little more puffy.
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 16-11-2019, 01:42 PM

inbox_pm is on a distinguished road
Very beautiful!
Old 18-11-2019, 09:45 PM

Big Thud Joe is on a distinguished road
Just bought some 47 inch glossy black swim rings the other day. Hopefully today, will get a chance to blow one of them up rock hard, and have a nice "skin to skin" or "skin to PVC" naked torso moment. Inflation vid coming soon.
Old 19-11-2019, 11:09 AM
Blown to bits

Vicci is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Big Thud Joe View Post
Just bought some 47 inch glossy black swim rings the other day.
I was hoping to get hold of some this year, but everywhere I bought them from they turned out to be matte

What brand are they?

On a hot sunny day, they're great for over-inflating, then sitting on in the sun as they expand around you I've had some go to incredible sizes before popping.
Old 20-11-2019, 01:50 AM

These are bestway, I bought them at Rebel sports in Sydney, I spose you could get them off amazon overseas. Just opening up the first one, does look a tad frosty, Only bought two so far to try. The box I tore open last week was somewhat more shinier, however this maybe just the printed part in the lower photo. Haven't taken it out of the pack yet, as I want to clear an area in living space, these seem to have an over spray of that powder, so need to prepare spot first before going all hells and bells.

Old 04-12-2019, 12:40 AM

oscar92070 is on a distinguished road
You guys should try the swim rings from inflatableworld.de. They are made of extremely soft and shiny vinyl that are very bouncy. I doubt that you'll be able to easily pop them as they are over 65 inches when normally inflated. However, they are easily overinflated to over 80 inches and will take the weight of three adults bouncing on it even at that size. They are a lot more durable as the inner part of the swim ring has a separate panel that is welded with overlapping seams instead of the classic pinch seams on rings made by normal manufactures such as Intex and Bestway.
Old 07-12-2019, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by oscar92070 View Post
You guys should try the swim rings from inflatableworld.de. They are made of extremely soft and shiny vinyl that are very bouncy. I doubt that you'll be able to easily pop them as they are over 65 inches when normally inflated. However, they are easily overinflated to over 80 inches and will take the weight of three adults bouncing on it even at that size. They are a lot more durable as the inner part of the swim ring has a separate panel that is welded with overlapping seams instead of the classic pinch seams on rings made by normal manufactures such as Intex and Bestway.
I've often looked at inflatableworld.de's stuff, but either it's to the point of being so large that it would be rather unwieldy to used in my unit, or just the animal shapes they use don't really do anything for me. I've often pondered getting their translucent blue inflatable pony horse, but it would be the kind of thing I would purchase if and when I got a much larger apartment. As far as their rings, again their colours and so forth, can't get really motivated.
Old 08-12-2019, 05:35 AM

heaviest is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by oscar92070 View Post
I love being on an inflatable when someone very heavy gets on with me. A 65 inch swim ring with a super inner seam might be up to the task.