Old 03-08-2020, 01:57 AM

sonarloon is on a distinguished road
Default gl 1200 question
Since it's not likely I'll be able to obtain one soon with this hole pandemic crap I've always been curious about a couple things about the GL1200.
One thing is how far off the ground are you when your riding one fully inflated? I'm well aware you can still touch the ground, that's about it. I've never actually owned one, hopefully I can fix that post pandemic.
Stay safe all!
Old 03-08-2020, 10:47 PM

Albi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: gl 1200 question
I'd be interested to hear about that as well, unfortunately I didn't mange to find any GL1200 to order in the UK, and I've settled for some Cattex 87" banner balloons, no idea what to expect in terms of strength and size (I'm guessing very long but nowhere near as wide as the GL1200)

Hopefully we will both be able to get our hands on the fabled 1200 sooner rather than later.
Old 04-08-2020, 04:00 AM

LoonerHoax is on a distinguished road
I've not had one to 100% and mounted it due to space constraints or lack of suitable padding under it in case of a rough landing... Even at about 90% inflation, I struggle to get my legs all the way around it and on to the ground and I'm 6'. I figure it is about as tall/round as a 36" balloon but much much longer. At that point it was extremely squishy and I sank at least half way into it when I sat on it.
Old 04-08-2020, 04:16 PM

Trickey1066 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Albi View Post
I'd be interested to hear about that as well, unfortunately I didn't mange to find any GL1200 to order in the UK, and I've settled for some Cattex 87" banner balloons, no idea what to expect in terms of strength and size (I'm guessing very long but nowhere near as wide as the GL1200)

Hopefully we will both be able to get our hands on the fabled 1200 sooner rather than later.
The 87 inch banner from cattex is basically a gl700 they also have a 87 inch XL which is more equilivent to the gl1200, I have used cattex banners for years now very good balloons. Unfortunately the original rifco gl1200 didn't last on production to long. Apparently a 3 meter long balloon wasn't the strongest to inflate but wow ther were amazing when they worked
Old 04-08-2020, 04:28 PM

wildheart is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Albi View Post

Theyíre the same thing under a different name Iím pretty sure. Iíve got some of those myself.
Old 05-08-2020, 12:01 AM

Albi is on a distinguished road
I've finally received them and yeah, they seem to be the same thing. Too bad they didn't have the XL ( gl1200 equivalent) in stock.
Then again, I can't believe how big this one is already.
I'm still working up the courage to ride the giant doll I got with the order, all of these are massive!