• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Merl
    Hopper research dept.
    • Apr 2021

Re: Space Hoppers and Hoppity Hops

Originally posted by sonarloon
    You know, just for fun, I'd like to try some how bonding a few balloons together and using that is an odd hop ball. One would be more than enough if we're speaking of q24s, but the odd shape of a q24 would make hopping a bit interesting.
    Somewhere on youtube somebody tried that and I, think it worked?
    Hi,

Belbal B250, double or triple stuffed, are beyond fun for this, I'm convinced better than Q 24s would have been. Just put a layer of talc between them and squeeze out all trapped air before inflating the inner one and then clipping both necks shut.

VeVe Lane has done two videos for me of her hoppity hopping on balloons. The first was several years back using 36". Its on C4S. It's okay, but 36 was too big for her. The other was two years ago with tightly blown B250s, layered and powdered. This second video is WAY better. Veve had much better control and so was much more confident in her bouncing. Knowing that the B250s were more than strong enough, I told her to see if she could pop it anyway with just her bodyweight. She tried, hard. She did laps of high bouncing around a large room for almost 10 minutes. She was fully airborne on every up-bounce (a balloon hopper weighs nothing) and every time landed on it with her full bodyweight. If you knew she was on nothing but two latex balloons, you'd expect a catastrophic pop any second. But it not only survived, it wore her out -- and she's in phenomenal athletic shape. See attached screenshot: if I hadn't told you, you'd swear she was on a 24" blue vinyl hop ball. B250s are that unbelievably strong. I seriously doubt Q24s or even TT24s could hold up that well.

Two Russian women did the same for me about six months ago with the same setup. Their bouncing was pretty good but they didn't come close to giving the hop balloon hell the way Veve did.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Merl; 11-04-2021, 21:27.

Comment

• vincevanquish
      • Jul 2021

Originally posted by Merl
      Hi,

Belbal B250, double or triple stuffed, are beyond fun for this, I'm convinced better than Q 24s would have been. Just put a layer of talc between them and squeeze out all trapped air before inflating the inner one and then clipping both necks shut.

VeVe Lane has done two videos for me of her hoppity hopping on balloons. The first was several years back using 36". Its on C4S. It's okay, but 36 was too big for her. The other was two years ago with tightly blown B250s, layered and powdered. This second video is WAY better. Veve had much better control and so was much more confident in her bouncing. Knowing that the B250s were more than strong enough, I told her to see if she could pop it anyway with just her bodyweight. She tried, hard. She did laps of high bouncing around a large room for almost 10 minutes. She was fully airborne on every up-bounce (a balloon hopper weighs nothing) and every time landed on it with her full bodyweight. If you knew she was on nothing but two latex balloons, you'd expect a catastrophic pop any second. But it not only survived, it wore her out -- and she's in phenomenal athletic shape. See attached screenshot: if I hadn't told you, you'd swear she was on a 24" blue vinyl hop ball. B250s are that unbelievably strong. I seriously doubt Q24s or even TT24s could hold up that well.

Two Russian women did the same for me about six months ago with the same setup. Their bouncing was pretty good but they didn't come close to giving the hop balloon hell the way Veve did.
      Do you have the clip still where she bounces on the blue balloon? I couldn't find it on her store would love to watch her bounce on it!!

Comment

• Danniballoon
        • Mar 2018

I got quite horny the other day watching Sarah Moore riding a Space Hopper on UK TV. Had to get one, which was a second hand 75cm model. I'd really love to stretch it if that's possible, with a steamer. I was wondering how much it would stretch by & how easy it would be?
        Attached Files

Comment

• frenchy
          • Sep 2018

Stretching in the summertime in the warm sun works best for me. A hot shower can work if your shower is big enough. Just be careful to keep turning the ball to evenly stretch.

Comment

• Godzilla724
            • Dec 2023

Hey y’all, I’m also fascinated with space hoppers, mainly cute women on them!! I dream of seeing a professional ballerina bounce on one of them in her costume!! Does anyone share that interest??

Comment

• Merl
              Hopper research dept.
              • Apr 2021

It may have been ballyhoo but some of the Ride-a-Roo news articles claimed ballet dancers used it for exercise. No photo evidence exists but it was a fairly big fad so I suppose it could have been true.

Comment

• Godzilla724
                • Dec 2023

It may have been ballyhoo but some of the Ride-a-Roo news articles claimed ballet dancers used it for exercise. No photo evidence exists but it was a fairly big fad so I suppose it could have been true.
                Oh nice!! Imagine a ballerina in her tutu bouncing on the ball!!

Comment

• Godzilla724
                  • Dec 2023

IMG_7628.jpg This is what I mean!!
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Merl
                    Hopper research dept.
                    • Apr 2021

No thanks, way too juvenile looking.

Comment

• BalloonFun
                      • Apr 2022

No thanks, way too juvenile looking.
                      Oh, you gotta hop on those!! They are way too fun and they're a great workout, including good cardio!!

Comment

• Merl
                        Hopper research dept.
                        • Apr 2021

That's not what I meant.

Comment

• Godzilla724
                          • Dec 2023

Do you mean the girls on the balls??

Comment

Working...
                          😀