Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SuTeKh
    • Sep 2018

Which brand??

So I'm thinking about making another balloon order and not sure what to get. Anybody have any good recommendations for what to get wanna stick with either tufted or maybe qualatex but I'm not sure how the quality of each brand is these days for me qtex is hit or miss and tuftex is pretty gcood but usually always end up with defective ones. Any help would be much appreciated.
  • srob2
    • Dec 2017

Re: Which brand??

I don't enjoy Tuftex, but they are easy to find, cheap and really loud. I like unique, or sometimes cheaper easier to pop off brands. Qualatex is another to look at.

Comment

• SuTeKh
      • Sep 2018

I've always loved how big and usually strong tuftex are but lately I've been getting bags with a lot of defective balloons in them and haven't had much better luck with qualatex and being someone who hates to pop them I'm unsure of which brand will really hold up while having a really big size!

Comment

• TheMole
        • Nov 2019

If you're interesting in something a little more... exotic? You could check loonerworld on eBay and get some Cattex balloons. They make the GLs and a lot of other fun shapes among regular round loons. The latex is super nice too, soft and squishy after a few inflations.

Comment

• SuTeKh
          • Sep 2018

I've been thinking about the cattex but are they expensive? I sadly don't earn a lot and have to stick to a budget

Comment

• LoonerHoax
            • May 2020

Originally posted by SuTeKh
            I've been thinking about the cattex but are they expensive? I sadly don't earn a lot and have to stick to a budget
            Honestly they are not that expensive. Especially if you order from Balloons United. The only drawback is the cost of shipping to the US.

Comment

• Meililoon
              aka lyckr
              • Sep 2014

Cattex are usually quite cheap for their size, but as others say, shipping from Europe might take away that advantage. Not a big fan of their 16" (or 19" as they're sometimes labeled as) balloons, as they're very round. They have some great "specialty" balloons in the 32" longneck and the GL-series though.

Tuf-Tex are great overall. Their 17" is probably my favorite balloon to inflate by mouth. They tend to be quite durable and has the potential to get huuuge! Downside is that they don't age very well.

Never really been a fan of Qualatex (other than the Q24 and the 18" stuffer balloons). They're usually durable at rated size, but always feels really tight. The neck is really short too in my experience, to the point where they can be difficult to tie. People have reported reliability issues with the lately too.

Comment

• Asclepio
                • Sep 2018

@Lyckr, incredible how likely are our opinions, I am also a super fan of the bigger sizes of CATTEX. And my favorite balloon is the tuftex 17¨cause they get insanely big and they are pretty good quality when new.
                Also I kind of find qualatex like a boring balloon cause their shorter necks (they just can't get my attention cause the lack of good necks). But I never had a problem with their quality, but I haven't buy them since some years ago.
                A looner looking for fun, against violence or people with hightened moral idealism…. I just care about loons, so don’t ruin the fun.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢
                😎
                😞
                😡
                👍
                👎