Do you have to blow up balloons as part of your job?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bubblyzzz
    • Jul 2017

Re: Do you have to blow up balloons as part of your job?

i again, I'd love to do that too

Comment

• Norwegianpopper
      • Jan 2018

Not sure if I'll call it have to or get to, but I'm kind of the balloon man at work. I'm the one blowing up balloons for birthdays, special events and for marketing. Always inflate a few too far in hope of a "random" bang

Comment

• SusieDK
        • Dec 2017

Hi there,

Sometimes I Do. In my daytime job as a school teacher it happens now and then that I participate in blowing up balloons for some event. Sometimes I also use a balloon for experimental purposes in class (one of my subjects is physics/chemistry), and finally there are the ‘last day of school’, where there often are various contest where the teachers (must) participate. I have even been put into a blow to pop race once. I won BTW - with all the experience I have the others were no match, not even the male teachers
        In my evening job in the local youth club it happens quite often that the job involves something with balloons. Each month there is a party, and most times balloons are used for decorations. I am sometimes put in charge of the decorating team, and I gladly help with blowing up the balloons. I love to provoke the balloons being blown up ‘properly’ - and now and then they get just one blow too much •giggles•. When I started in the youth club, I was still anxious about balloons and I also worried how I would react - getting visible turned on would be almost unbearably embarressing, but it showed out that I could handle it, and now I am just happy to ‘help’ with the balloons Sometimes there are arranged games, and they sometimes also involves balloons. One of the coolest was a contest where two teams (20 - 30 each) competed about who could blow up the most balloons within a certain time (I think 10 or 15 minutes). I was given the job of judge for the one team. All I had to do was to count the balloons, but in a special way: To ensure that a balloon was blown up big enough it had to not be able to not pass through the ring, and if it was big enough I just popped it with a pin and counted it in. Even though pin popping isn’t ‘my way’ of popping balloons it was just super cool to watch everybody racing to blow up balloons as fast as possible and to get the opportunity to pop so many balloons in such a short time - not to mention the bangs from the other teams balloons. I can definately recommemd this game - and it was not even my idea! There have been lots of other games - also good ones, but this is one of the best I have ever been put into.
        So yes - I sometimes do have to deal with balloons at work

Maybe we could make a thread about innocent (non-sexual) balloon games. They might not be a huge turn-on, but they can definately be great fun!

Thanks for reading my posting.

Susie
        Last edited by SusieDK; 02-02-2019, 18:39. Reason: Inserting missing words.

Comment

• Tdo8888
          • Jun 2016

My story is eerily similar to Susies(as she can attest)!However I might give her a run on her comment about the male teacher inflators!!

It’s an awkward delight having them in tan educational setting. However the absolute best is when all leave and you’re left with a multitude of used and abused toys to dispose of!

Comment

• BalloonBoyUK
            Banned
            • Dec 2018

Thanfully, I've never had to inflate balloons for anyone else (that I didn't want/need to do them for), and - to be honest - I'd feel nervous about doing it, unless:
            1) I was sure no one was going to see me blow them up,
            2) The balloons were decent quality (so limited risks of popping)
            3) And only if a lady asked, and there were no other men around to see me blowing them up.

The whole idea of blowing-up balloons for someone else, scares the heck out of me!

Comment

• Seasidelad
              • Sep 2018

The only time would be like a birthday and some were blown up. We did once have a fun day with games and one game was each team blew up balloons without popping and the team with the most balloons at the rated size won. By the end there were loads left lying around the following day they were still there and at the end of the day I took loads home in bin bags. It made my day as some were inflated to the max.

Comment

• tebe2hu
                • Jan 2017

I'm a military guy so it's better to say 'already happened'. I remember three kinds of such typical cases. First, during my service abroad, I often celebrated events for the national community, for the families and I took care that these events always included balloon games :-) Second, still abroad, at the Supreme Command, were the decorations. Just like Susie did, I also helped the girls and we blew up together the balloons for the decorations and the giveaway balloons at the public events - those with pumps so were less interesting. Finally, when I was a young officer and worked at an airport, the guys at the meteo station were confused that some old 20" red pilot balloons could be used or not. They were incredibly tough.... I took one and, in order not to waste Helium, I inflated just with my lung capacity a bit bigger than their rated size. I asked the only female colleague at the meteo service "Do you accept my test or shall I blow till it pops?" She chuckled and shook her cute head so I continued "Or maybe you will continue and pop it?" She laughed but didn't reply. I remember, I twisted the neck and handed her the balloon. She knotted the balloon's neck and kept in her office for quite a long time. When someone asked her why she did, she said because the balloon reached the expiry date and she wanted to find out how long it would keep th air inside.
                Last edited by tebe2hu; 08-02-2021, 12:18. Reason: to make more precise

Comment

• BettyBalloons
                  • Feb 2021

I work in hospitality, mainly in events, and while I don’t often need to blow up balloons, popping them is a pretty regular part of my job. At least once a week I have to pop a dozen or so helium balloons once all the customers have gone home! I feel like the luckiest girl in the world to be able to enjoy my work so much - and it feels so naughty to get turned on at work too!

Comment

• Little Looner
                    MADAM BANGS
                    • Jan 2019

Yes
                    Burlesque balloon shows and Adult loner content creator.
                    Squeek
                    I am Madam Bangs on all the social media channels.

My favourite place is Only Fans
                    https://linktr.ee/MadamBangs

Comment

• Mike_ZA
                      • Mar 2018

Yes , I recently been told that I have to make balloon clusters at work when it is a staff member birthday, am probably blow them up myself

Comment

• 7balloon
                        • Dec 2018

Where do I start?

In year 2000 I was in charge of arranging a company wide meeting. I suggested balloon boquets at each table and was able to finesse ordering 14" imprinted balloons. I ordered around 300 of them. We used maybe 80. The rest came home with me and I still have around 50 left that I occasionally play with. Maybe I'll blow one up and post it on my insta.

But then in 2008 I started working as a real estate agent for newly built subdivisions. Each subdivision was given a big helium tank and bags of 17" qualatex balloons. We were required to put balloons on all the signs that led to the subdivision. Probably 12 to 15 a day.

I did as ordered. But being at the start of the real estate depression, days would go by with no one coming in. So I would amuse myself. Sometimes I would just blow to burst balloon after balloon on the tank while pleasuring myself with a fully inflated balloon. I'd pop by the third or fourth one.

Sometimes I would just blow some up and hump them in a bedroom. At the end of the day I would untie the balloons that looked worth it and save them for later. If I was feeling particularly randy, I'd collect a bunch, stop somewhere on the way home and jerk off in the car with them while popping them.

I had that job for four years and probably used the tank and the balloons at least once a day if not two or three times. I must have gone through thousands of balloons, but was never asked about it.

Comment

• marja

It is good that those old topics are brought back again!

I responded 5 years ago, but more things have happened after that.

One thing I remember is going to a conference with most of my colleagues. The conference was somewhere else in the Netherlands, so we could drive by car. Basically we rented 2 9-person vans to drive to the conference and home after two days.
                          To my surprise large (3 feet) helium balloons were used as decoration in the conference hall. (Quite uncommon here in the Netherlands). My colleagues were talking about getting some of the balloons during the conference.
                          I didn't drive home with my colleagues, but stayed with a friend in that city. When I came back to work, the coffee corner was filled with some 36inch balloons. My colleagues had been able to rescue some balloons and had taken them in a crowded van back home to our work. The balloons survived for over two weeks in our coffee room, albeit without helium after a few days.
                          Until this day I regret not driving back with my colleagues...

Comment

• Chip67
                            • Dec 2019

I worked for a Balloon Retailer/Decorator on occasion decorating for parties, he would pay me with tanks of helium; I was ok with that.

I also volunteered on several occasions for a Cluster Balloonist. He would fly his Cluster Balloon rig at various Hot Air Balloon Festivals around the U.S. When he flew in the North East at a festival I would be one of many volunteers to inflate his many balloons. We would start early in the morning before sunrise inflating approximately 60 - 5.5 foot latex balloons and approximately 20 - 8 foot latex balloons with helium. Eventually the balloons would be attached to various sandbags waiting to be attached the to pilots harnesses. The pilot was incredibly organized and professional trained as a hot air balloonist and fixed wing pilot, don’t try this at home. When the time was right, he would take off !!!! Fly for about an hour, we would chase him and help him land several miles away. For his chase crew, before deflating the balloons, he would offer tethered rides. I was luck enough to get a few tethered flights, it was a dream come true. Check out my picture by my name in this forum. He is no longer is flying Cluster Balloon Fights, he did about 35 to 40 over several years. Lots of fun and an opportunity not to be missed.
                            Last edited by Chip67; 20-02-2021, 02:59.

Comment

• nick_buster
                              • May 2017

Originally posted by BettyBalloons
                              I work in hospitality, mainly in events, and while I don’t often need to blow up balloons, popping them is a pretty regular part of my job. At least once a week I have to pop a dozen or so helium balloons once all the customers have gone home! I feel like the luckiest girl in the world to be able to enjoy my work so much - and it feels so naughty to get turned on at work too!
                              I'm SO envious! Popping helium balloon decorations that were blown up by someone else is my FAVORITE!

Comment

• PBK
                                • Mar 2019

Yep. Basic Training (Boot Camp). Canadian Forces. Had to blow them up to use on the target range. They were "Made in Canada" dark green head and body (doll) balloons that stood about 4' high when properly inflated. Every recruit got 5 of them each day we were on the range. Then we used 'em in Combat Arms school during bayonet training.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎