Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • masseylooner
    • Mar 2016

Tuftex 17"

Hey guys so I'm having a large order of tuftex 17" balloons as I've heard they're pretty strong, does anyone have sbh experience with these? Are they easy to pop? Do they neck well? How do they feel? How much weight can they hold? What's your best experience with them?

Thank you soooo much ^_^
  • wildheart
    • Apr 2015

Re: Tuftex 17"

Definitely not easy to pop. They've got really thick latex and are tough. Difficult to neck though, you have to keep blowing when it's really tight.
    How big will it go? Only one way to find out...
    My website: loonerstories.weebly.com

Comment

• Mazilon
      • Mar 2017

They don't store well in hot and humid tropical climates though. I once had a bag of them, such a pleasure in the first few months, and when they had deteriorated enough they got real flimsy.

Comment

• Micks101
        • Jan 2017

Can't speak higher of them! I reckon they're pretty durable but yeah they are hard to neck. Great for riding though!

Comment

• Meililoon
          aka lyckr
          • Sep 2014

They can get an amazing neck if you pre-inflate the neck a few times. They are also quite durable and can get huge after a few inflations! The biggest downside is that they degrade a lot quicker than other brands. Once they go bad, they pop very easily. Makes you wish they put an expiration date on the bag, or at least a timestamp for when they were made.

Comment

• snh61
            • Sep 2017

I can't recommend tuftex balloons myself. Got a bunch of 14 an 17 inch ones some time ago. They felt cheap, definitely not thick strong latex (such as Belbal or qualatex has). They felt very pliable, not tight. Some popped spontaneously when inflating. Not good at all.
            And yes, they degrade very quickly, as was pointed out.

I think Belbal and Qualatex is the way to go. Tuftex is no good. Or I don't know, might got a defective batch or just some knockoff instead of the brand ones.

Comment

• balloons4life
              • Mar 2016

You have been unlucky, probably had old balloons, fresh tt17's feel as strong as qualatex or belbal balloons in my opinion and they get bigger after a few inflations. It is true that they aren't really durable over time.

Comment

• OverTheTop
                • Dec 2013

The degradation can be slowed significantly if you keep them in an air-tight container in a closet or something, where they're not in sunlight and the temperature is consistent. I have several TT36s from 2013 that have gotten softer, but they're still durable enough for riding and overinflate well.

Comment

• balloons4life
                  • Mar 2016

With overinflating you mean necking? How hard is it to neck those tt36's?

Comment

• masseylooner
                    • Mar 2016

Thank you so much for your reviewer you've helped me so much an I'm excited to see how strong they are, just one extra question, how much had a fully inflated tt17 held without popping? including bouncing

Comment

• OverTheTop
                      • Dec 2013

Originally posted by masseylooner
                      Thank you so much for your reviewer you've helped me so much an I'm excited to see how strong they are, just one extra question, how much had a fully inflated tt17 held without popping? including bouncing
                      They can overinflate to 20" or more if you're careful, but how much they can take when you're bouncing on them depends on your weight and how vigorous you are

Comment

• albertcerruti
                        • Aug 2018

Just bought 3 bags of TT 17 crystal about 2 months ago.... and realised they are very tight and firm after several blows, more than usual. This is unusual for me as they are normally softer.

Just wondering if this is normal batch of TT? I’m a non popper so I’m quite scared to blow them up any further due to the tightness.

What is your recent experience and is this normal?

Comment

• stobarts
                          • Dec 2018

the tuftex 17" balloon is my favourite balloon ive got a bag of these at the moment which I got from loonerworld once I blow them upand start humping them they neck pretty easily ,they also get pretty huge as big as 24" balloons sometimes after prestretching them

Comment

• stobarts
                            • Dec 2018

Comment

• stobarts
                              • Dec 2018

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂