Tips and recommendations for an anxious returnee :)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zman21
    • Jun 2022

Tips and recommendations for an anxious returnee :)

Hello dear friends,

After I more or less had to take a break from looning for several years, I am looking for exciting tasks for my re-entry into the looner world. Of course, the supreme discipline b2p is the most fascinating for me, but I'm still a long way from that at the moment.

What recommendations or ideas do you have for me? I love mega tight balloons and I also love the danger and thrill that a balloon could suddenly burst at any time. At the same time, intentional b2ps are still extremely difficult for me. I love all kinds of games or challenges that force me to inflate my balloons as tight as possible with even some danger of an unexpexted bang

I'm open to all ideas, games, challenges and the like and look forward to your answers!

Warm greetings
    zman21
  • jamesdidsbury
    • Sep 2020

Re: Tips and recommendations for an anxious returnee

One game I’ve never tried but always wanted to is to use a random number generator on Google with numbers from say 10 to 20. Give yourself maybe 5 spins and each number that comes up is the amount of breaths you have to blow into the balloon.

Comment

• zman21
      • Jun 2022

Originally posted by jamesdidsbury
      One game I’ve never tried but always wanted to is to use a random number generator on Google with numbers from say 10 to 20. Give yourself maybe 5 spins and each number that comes up is the amount of breaths you have to blow into the balloon.
      That’s a cool idea! I’ll try it out
      Usually I use Unique15, Unique16 ur TT17 balloons. I think I should choose numbers between 5 and 15 and maybe 5 rounds maximum

That’s exactly the kind of games I like More ideas are always welcome

Comment

• zman21
        • Jun 2022

5, 11, 10, 11, 7… those are my numbers
        So that’s 44 blows in total… I’m not sure if any U16 or similar will be able to take that

Comment

• jamesdidsbury
          • Sep 2020

You should take the spins in between each round of breaths, that way the anticipation builds - not knowing where it will go or not ! I’ve never actually counted the breaths into a Q16 so I couldn’t even give a ball park figure ha.

Comment

• SusieDK
            • Dec 2017

Hi,

You could also choose a more ‘low-tech’ solution by simply rolling a dice to generate the number of breaths you ‘must’ blow.

Just a suggestion. 🤗

Sincerely
            Susie

Comment

• Nopops4me
              • Jun 2015

Dice, random number generator to play the game how many breaths' . Viewing these guys on YouTube who do b2p's, and I dare say, it may depend on the colour of the balloon, but, a TT17 took 51 breaths to the burst. A Q16 took 63 breaths and a Unique 16 took 43. So only unique would have given you a b2p with your number generated 44. I reckon both the other two would have been quite tight at 44 breaths.

Comment

• zman21
                • Jun 2022

Originally posted by jamesdidsbury
                You should take the spins in between each round of breaths, that way the anticipation builds - not knowing where it will go or not ! I’ve never actually counted the breaths into a Q16 so I couldn’t even give a ball park figure ha.
                Oh that´s even better, thank you I definitely have to try this out

Originally posted by SusieDK
                Hi,

You could also choose a more ‘low-tech’ solution by simply rolling a dice to generate the number of breaths you ‘must’ blow.

Just a suggestion. 🤗

Sincerely
                Susie
                That´s a very good suggestion - thank you Susie
                Actually sometimes I make things a bit too complicated... hahaha A dice seems perfect. I just need to define how often I have to roll the dice - otherwise I could cheat

Originally posted by Nopops4me
                Dice, random number generator to play the game how many breaths' . Viewing these guys on YouTube who do b2p's, and I dare say, it may depend on the colour of the balloon, but, a TT17 took 51 breaths to the burst. A Q16 took 63 breaths and a Unique 16 took 43. So only unique would have given you a b2p with your number generated 44. I reckon both the other two would have been quite tight at 44 breaths.
                I figured that my lugn capacity is quite big. I´m pretty sure 44 breaths would be too much for a U16 but I could try it with a well prestretched one as my first challenge

Thank you all for giving me great ideas - I realy like that
                Have a great weekend

Comment

• SusieDK
                  • Dec 2017

Hi,

Maybe I should have described things a little more detailed.

My idea was to simply roll the dice and then blow the number of breaths ‘decided’ by it. Then roll the dice again, blow etc.etc. until the balloon can’t take it and ends with a bang.

If you are impatient you can start by blowing up the balloon as much as you are comfortable with, - and then start the ‘dice-part’.

I know it seems quite odd that a simple roll of a dice (or any other random ‘device’ can improve ones ‘courage’, but it actually works. Maybe it has to do with removing focus from blowing ‘until bang’ into ‘just’ blowing a certain number of blows into the balloon. There is always a chance that the balloon will take it. Afterall with a dice it can max be 6 breaths.

I hope this clears up what I meant.

Have fun!
                  Susie

Comment

• zman21
                    • Jun 2022

Originally posted by SusieDK
                    Hi,

Maybe I should have described things a little more detailed.

My idea was to simply roll the dice and then blow the number of breaths ‘decided’ by it. Then roll the dice again, blow etc.etc. until the balloon can’t take it and ends with a bang.

If you are impatient you can start by blowing up the balloon as much as you are comfortable with, - and then start the ‘dice-part’.

I know it seems quite odd that a simple roll of a dice (or any other random ‘device’ can improve ones ‘courage’, but it actually works. Maybe it has to do with removing focus from blowing ‘until bang’ into ‘just’ blowing a certain number of blows into the balloon. There is always a chance that the balloon will take it. Afterall with a dice it can max be 6 breaths.

I hope this clears up what I meant.

Have fun!
                    Susie
                    Hi Susie

Actually that cleared up what you meant - thank you
                    It sounds great - I´m sure this is fun! The reason why I´m thinking about a "limited" amount of dice throws is that there should also be a chance for the balloon to survive

I´m not sure if I already have enough courage for your game, but it´s definitely worth trying it out

Thanks a lot and have a great day

Comment

• srob2
                      • Dec 2017

Not much of a game. You are just blowing to pop while rolling dice to see how often you roll dice.

Here's a variation better for 12" balloons but you can use any size. Take a balloon and a marker, write a number on the balloon, for example 3. Roll the dice and blow that many breaths, then roll again a total of 3 times. So if you rolled 3,5,2, you put 10 breaths in, which should give you full balloon without any risk of bursting, then tie it off and repeat with a different balloon. But you need 3 full breaths before you roll the 5 and 5 more before your last roll. Otherwise if you roll 3 dice at once and get 18, it is too tempting to chicken out and reroll before your first breath.

If you are really scared, start with a 2 - you can't pop a 12" in 12 breaths. After you have a few balloons of different sizes with 2's written on them, do some 3's. It is hard to pop a 12" with 18 breaths even if you want to, and rolling 6 three times in a row is rare. So now you have a lot of balloons around, but no pops, some underinflated and a few 3's are really overinflated. If you feel brave, try a 4. This should be real fun, as most balloons will be overinflated but survive, but a few will pop.

If you have no fear, try to get a balloon with the highest number. You could even play with a group, everyone gets 3 balloons, writes their numbers first, then the highest unpopped number wins. For example, I could write 5 on all my balloons and two burst but one gets huge, and someone else could write 6 and win even if their balloon is smaller. You could also do the reverse, whoever pops the lowest number wins.
                      Last edited by srob2; 23-07-2022, 21:08.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      😂
                      🥰
                      😘
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😞
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎