Do you have to blow up balloons as part of your job?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ivyy
    • Jun 2016

Re: Do you have to blow up balloons as part of your job?

Hahahah good question.... Well yes i did.My job is beeing mom and part of that is to make kid parties and sometime to blow up ballons..

Comment

• marja

Not as part of my job. I sometimes have to dispose those plastic bag filled with air, that they use to ship electronics. Most of the time I quietly deflate them by stabbing them with a small knife. But sometimes it is fun to pop them. Too bad that my colleagues will start to complain after a few pops...

I do inflate balloons when volunteering for my sport club. If there is a fair and they need to decorate the stand, I am happy to help inflating the balloons. The good thing is that our stand has nicely (over)inflated ballons. It also offers the possibility to see good looking men and women inflate balloons.

Comment

• LMC,romanov79
        • Jun 2016

I do voluntary work as a youth club leader, naturally balloons are present, at parties.
        2 Christmas partys ago, a friend and I had to blow up 50 balloons.
        I got purple, pink, green, blue. My favourite colours!
        He commented that I had a strange look, and seemed to fondle each as I blew.
        My cheeks flushed, that shade darker with every one.
        I had to excuse myself for fresh air in the end, as I got a little overwhelmed.

Since I get a little shy, when I blow around people.

I got a little anxious when they got batted around, don't like too many pops.

Comment

• Bubble Boy :-P

One does not have to be shy when blowing balloons around others it's such a fun, innocent thing that most everyone enjoys! .... Now I wish I could say that blowing up balloons was part of my last job at the hospital....but it was quite the opposite. ..it was my job to pop & dispose the left over get well balloons from discharged patients. ....which are not so bad to pop since they are foil/Mylar balloons ( latex ban in the late nineties for those w allergies ) Just a quick puncture did the job pretty easily. ...but I wanted to cry every time as I love & adore all types of balloons....

Comment

• Jkloon
            • Aug 2013

Why not bring em home?

Comment

• Bubble Boy :-P

I brought loads of them home...my co workers used to crack up seeing me with giant bouquets of oversized helium balloons being stuffed into my camaro's confined interior :-P. It got to the point where my room was wall to wall, floor to ceiling with hordes of balloons luckily I was second shift & everyone was always asleep when I snuck em in each night But I eventually had to start popping them as I had no more room...we also had what we called "contact rooms" meaning everything in the entire room is contaminated with communicable bacteria, including the balloons...when re sterilizing I've had to deal with quite a lot of those but i did what i could for the cause.

Comment

• BigBang123
                • Aug 2015

I work for an estate agency so occasionally we have to blow a dozen or two of balloons up for events or for outside the office. I always act like i don't want to do it but secretly I'm thrilled that they ask me . I also pocket a couple for "work at home".

Comment

• Kiltieman
                  • Jan 2014

Originally posted by LMC,romanov79
                  I do voluntary work as a youth club leader, naturally balloons are present, at parties.
                  2 Christmas partys ago, a friend and I had to blow up 50 balloons.
                  I got purple, pink, green, blue. My favourite colours!
                  He commented that I had a strange look, and seemed to fondle each as I blew.
                  My cheeks flushed, that shade darker with every one.
                  I had to excuse myself for fresh air in the end, as I got a little overwhelmed.

Since I get a little shy, when I blow around people.

I got a little anxious when they got batted around, don't like too many pops.
                  Hi. I know what you mean about the strange look as I am very self concious if I ever have to blow up balloons with others for parties etc. If its just other men blowing them up I would duck out somehow but if the ladies are taking a turn to I cant resist. I am fascinated then.

Comment

• Kiltieman
                    • Jan 2014

Oh Lmc Romanov, I am dead scared of the anticipation of the bangs! I hate when people fool with the blownup balloons.

Comment

• blowhyoooge
                      • May 2016

Originally posted by Randomizer
                      When you say "never posted", do you mean you never wrote any more, or that they just aren't posted online? Please post the rest if they exist, I would love to read them!
                      oh my gosh i can't believe it's been so many years! lol. i did write two other parts... well, one is unfinished. i'll post part 3 now and will add a link to the Story section when it is approved.

Comment

• Pink Balloon
                        • Oct 2016

I'd beyond love a job like that.

Comment

• Big Balloons!
                          • Jul 2016

Originally posted by Pink Balloon
                          I'd beyond love a job like that.
                          I've always been tempted to work in a balloon or party shop in some spare time, but I feel like it would end badly. Would definitely be fun being paid to blow up balloons while being surrounded by them!

Comment

• Ash_738
                            • Jun 2013

I've not had to blow up balloons as part of my job yet, although I get the feeling it will happen eventually...

I work for a large european company that frequently hosts parties and events as staff incentives and afterwards they post pictures on the company intranet. I've often wondered if someone in the department that organises them is one of us, as there seems to be a suspiciously high number of balloons and inflatables featured. Although it could just be that I have a highly tuned radar for these things.

In any case if it happens I'll be happy to help out with the inflation, before making off with as much of it as I can.
                            Shut up and blow!

Comment

• LMS
                              • Aug 2016

When there is campaign at the mall I work at I get to do all the balloon decoration. Normally it is about 15 balloon columns, and of course I help the stores with the balloons. It typically gets to around 7-900 balloons at a time, and I obviously always volunteer to do the clean-up as well.
                              Fun times! 😊

Comment

• Bubblyzzz
                                • Jul 2017

naughty naughty Vicci... I'd play that game too!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎