The things you find whilst having a sort out :)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • craggy2012
    • Jan 2012

The things you find whilst having a sort out :)

Having a tidy up, a bit of a long overdue sort out n I’ve just discovered a box full of Intex Jumbo 48inch beach balls from the 90’s along with about ten of these Turbo Sport Tube clear top swim rings
    Attached Files
  • Big Thud Joe
    • May 2017

Re: The things you find whilst having a sort out

I know when I started becoming more confident about my looning, when discovering others were into it on the internet back in 1998, my first deliberate shopping trip for buying inflatables to loon, was a party place in western sydney at the time (they unfortunately have long closed after fire bankrupted business). My first purchase were a few dozen black 48 inch baseball bats (unfortunately they were the largest I could purchase at the time). Wile still living with my parents, I could have one of these baseball bats in bed with me, but still be conspicuous enough to not be obvious that I had anything else under the blankets just in case my parents walked in.

Anyway, had moved places a few times by 2005, and now was living on my own, while sorting through boxes, I found that I still had one dozen of these 48 inch baseball bats left, when opening up the packaging, I found that they'd all turned to oily mush; I don't know what would have caused them to turn that way. From memory, I think they still inflated okay, but by this point the texture wasn't right anymore, so gave them to charity.

Comment

• Vicci
      Blown to bits
      • Oct 2009

I used to love those rings, reminds me so much of the beach as a kid.
      Vicci x

Comment

• Sirprise
        • Jan 2018

Wow that’s an insanely lucky find���� Only ever had of those bb. And yeah bring back memories from childhood. Wonder how long they will last with your use��
        Hope to see some great pics from them at least ��

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍