X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LoonLover1999
    • Mar 2024

Nervous/concerned about ordering online

Hi all

I’m gonna keep this short and to the point.

I want to order some balloons from balloons united but I have some worries.

1. I live at home with parents and two dogs so I can’t get balloons that explode too loud(they know don’t worry) but I like a balloon that I can stick between my legs and ride naked without it being too soft.

2. I’ve never “used” a balloon other than a pack of 10 Tesco’s polka dot balloons so idk what brand suits me or even size. I don’t mind balloons popping but I expect a good few fucks first.

3. I live in the Uk so is shipping gonna be an issue?

4. I’m a university student so is ordering gonna be in my budget

5. Are their balloons easy to hide? I have a mate who comes round regular. He knows I have a fetish but I feel embarrassed if he sees a balloon with my love juices on them and I don’t use balloon clips, once it’s up it stays up until I pop it.

6. It has to be a balloon that can be inflated by mouth and can take a pounding. I weigh like 13 stone and sometime i loose all control and go a bit nuts which ends up in a popped balloon and wet patch on the floor.

7. Is it better to buy in bulk or singular?

8. How long does the shipping take and do the balloons last long without any defects.

I literally want to go full Quagmire on a big balloon and do everything to it under the sun but I gotta consider the above first. Anybody care to advise?
  • Meililoon
    aka lyckr
    • Sep 2014

Re: Nervous/concerned about ordering online

1. All latex balloons are going to be somewhat loud when they pop. The noise level mostly depends on how they pop.

2. Qualatex is overall the most reliable brand, followed by Tuf-Tex and Cattex in my experience.

3. I assume it's similar to Norway, if not easier. You're both in the EU (for now), so taxes will already have been paid.

4. You can check the total cost of the order (including shipping) before you place the order. Decide for yourself based on that.

5. Depends on the size of the balloon. Anything bigger than 18" might be difficult to hide anywhere.

6. I don't have a lot of lungpower, but I can blow up a 24" without much problem. Both 18" Qualatex and 24" Tuf-Tex can take a beating.

7. Buying a full bag is usually cheaper (bag size varies with balloon size and brand). It's not an available option for all kinds of balloons though.

8. Shipping to Norway takes about a week. I imagine it's similar to the UK. In my experience, balloons can last a couple of years, if stored properly (dry and dark). Exception is Tuf-Tex, which "expires" after a year or so.

Hope this helps

Comment

• DrJ
      • Feb 2019

7. Is it better to buy in bulk or singular?
      There is a balloon printer selling misprints on eBay UK. 1kg for £9.95 including shipping.

I bought one a few years back. Loads and loads of Qualatex 11". While not particularly big, you can get lots cheaply

Comment

• craggy2012
        • Jan 2012

I’ve never had any issues ordering from Balloons United. Depending on the size of your order they’ll send them in either a padded mail bag or a small (letterbox friendly) box unless you really go all out ordering stuff

To the UK can take about a week or less pending on the time of year and as stated above taxes and shipping options are shown on your inventory when you checkout and make payment.

Everything is sent out discrete though- there’s no customs declaration sticker indicating your parcels contents, just a small senders details and an address if the item should go missing during shipping (which for me so far has never happened yet).

As to stashing them...... well even large balloons you can stash away anywhere they don’t take up that much room, but they do weigh a fair bit especially the bigger items like 72inch rounds, or those GLxxx worker balloons. A few of those can soon mount up and a bag full does have a fair amount of weight to it. I store mine in a 30 litre drysack (those roll top water proof bags designed for camping or kayaking with). The beauty of these bags I’ve found is you can open a valve on most of the bags and squeeze the air out or sit down on the bag and flatten it down. You then just close the valve and the bag remains a flat pack for evermore taking up little room under the bed or ontop of a wardrobe ect.

Comment

• 7balloon
          • Dec 2018

#5. Learn how to half tie. It's a way of tying a balloon so that it is "relatively" easy to untie and reuse. Contact me on insta at bubbahotepballoon and I can show you.

Comment

• craggy2012
            • Jan 2012

Balloons United sometimes chuck a few small to medium sized neck clips in with your order from time to time too.

Comment

• Meililoon
              aka lyckr
              • Sep 2014

Originally posted by craggy2012
              Balloons United sometimes chuck a few small to medium sized neck clips in with your order from time to time too.
              Yes, I've gotten a few small clips along with their free logo balloons every time I've ordered from them.

Comment

• Eastlooner
                • Apr 2019

Don"t worry at all.
                German balloon sites (Balloons United, Jennyloons) always ship discretely and are very communicative and cooperative even in their holiday time.
                Same is with NordicLooners and Lonerworld.
                Ad 1,2- try uniques 16, preinflated few times.
                Ad 3- really not an issue...
                Ad 4- it all depends on you, but their prices are reasonable.
                Ad 5,6- why to hide them? Be opened and just try to show your fetish or just interest to your mate.. He probably will like it! BTW even a 100 pcs pack of U16 is easy to hide in the garment case...U16 or Q16 can be easily blown with your breath although I use an iflator. Both can give you a lot of pleasure
                Ad 7,8- bulks are always cheaper. Shipment from De to UK usually takes 4-5 days. And the balloons will last for more than 1 year (even Tuftex), when properly stored.
                Good luck and many nice moments

Comment

• LoonLover1999

I’ve done it. Spent 27 British pounds (shipping included) on a pack of 50 qualatex 16 inch standard round balloons in blue. Christ knows what my parents will say when they find out but I think it’s gonna be worth it.

My first order and I feel so nervous my heart is in my chest coz I know my dad will go fucking mad. It’s a big step up from Tesco’s 10 packs.

Comment

• OverTheTop
                    • Dec 2013

Originally posted by LoonLover1999
                    I’ve done it. Spent 27 British pounds (shipping included) on a pack of 50 qualatex 16 inch standard round balloons in blue. Christ knows what my parents will say when they find out but I think it’s gonna be worth it.

My first order and I feel so nervous my heart is in my chest coz I know my dad will go fucking mad. It’s a big step up from Tesco’s 10 packs.
                    Balloons united ships discreetly, they won't know it's balloons unless they're opening your mail, in which case there's a different problem. If you opted for a shipping method with tracking, you can also try and pick up the package before they see it at all.

Comment

• BalloonBoyUK
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2018

Originally posted by LoonLover1999
                      Christ knows what my parents will say when they find out but I think it’s gonna be worth it.
                      How are your parents like with "unknown" or "mysterious" parcels/packages arriving at their home, for you, from unknown sources/addresses? Do they insist on knowing what's inside, or opening the parcel in front of them? (I'd hope they don't. It's illegal in most countries for someone to open someone else's mail, but that doesn't and wouldn't stop them from doing it.)

Whilst Balloons United are discrete, the fact you'll be having a parcel coming from Berlin/Germany, could well be an issue for you, especially if your parents are as "nosey" as you seem to be hinting at. (Apologies, but I genuinely don't mean to sound rude about your parents.)

I'd have done some test parcel orders first, of something innocuous and less problematic (like food, drinks, stationary, or books), so that when they had arrived, and if your parents had demanded to see them, you could have shown them the contents. Then, when they had seen the contents were innocuous, you could then have been riskier, and ordered your balloons from Balloons United. They'd probably not have questioned it, and would've "trusted" you, and then you'd have gotten away with things.

Right now, from what you're saying, and from what you're inferring, I'm genuinely worried this is going to blow-up spectactularly, and that worries me hugely. (No pun intended.) I fear your parents are going to demand you open the parcel in front of them, or worse still, they open it up before you see it, or - worse still - open it, reseal it, then question you about it, and as soon as they detect any hint of a lie, you'll be screwed, as they will have already seen the truth in the parcel! And if there's a business card inside, along with an autograph card from Maggy or Jan, your secret will be out, and... Well, you may well find out that your worst fears come horribly true!

I really, really hope this works out well for you, but I am really worried, LoonLover!

Comment

• LoonLover1999

My parents are nosey, well my dad is but they arent the sharpest tools in the shed. I’m gonna tell them I ordered some balloons online but lie to them and say I got em for like 10 pounds instead of almost 30.

As they already know about me and balloons it won’t be a big issue.

Comment

• DrJ
                          • Feb 2019

The Qualatex 16 is a great balloon. It was my first online order too, many years ago and it blew me away having only had supermarket balloons before.

If you are worried about delivery at home, is Amazon an option? There are many Amazon lockers, where you can pick them up without ever interacting with a person if you don't want to.

Comment

• LoonLover1999

Originally posted by DrJ
                            The Qualatex 16 is a great balloon. It was my first online order too, many years ago and it blew me away having only had supermarket balloons before.
                            Looks like I’m experiencing the same thing as you. Never had anything more than supermarket balloons. When you say it blew you away what do you mean? I’m kinda interested to know your first Q16 experience.

Comment

• DrJ
                              • Feb 2019

I am a non-popper, and a small amount of fear can really increase the level of excitement.

Having a type of balloon that is new to me, especially of a size I hadn't experienced before, is a bit scary, especially knowing that if it were to pop it would be really loud. All contributed to the perfect mix to really push the excitement level over the edge.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎