Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tecumseh
    • Nov 2017

Balloons as decoration

So I've been busy incorporating balloons in my daily life. I've had this affinity with balloons since I was a little kid, and therefore most of my life I kept it as a dark hidden secret. Recently I've been realizing that this thing is not something dark, but actually a blessing! But it is kind of hard to completely convince myself, since I've believed the complete opposite most of my life.

So I've been introducing balloons more in my direct environment. Doing b2p competitions in pubs, giving fully inflated 18" tuftex for birthdays, and just plainly admitting I really like them (without mentioning the like-like part). I think this way I stimulate myself to accept this fetish to be something normal and beautiful rather than something strange and dark.

So the next step was to use balloons in a more decorating sense. Just a big balloon isnt very well suited for decoration, so I've decided to make a Christmas tree. I first made a little one with colored balloons from the general store, but soon I'll make a much bigger one with the last shipment from balloons United. I'll include a picture down here, and i'll show you guys the next one as well once it is finished
    Attached Files
  • Micks101
    • Jan 2017

Re: Balloons as decoration

That is so awesome! I should try something like that

Comment

• craggy2012
      • Jan 2012

Hmmmm..... just wondering how in could justify an 8.5 ft 'Cloud burster' left permanently inflated in the living room then ��

Comment

• BigBang123
        • Aug 2015

Originally posted by craggy2012
        Hmmmm..... just wondering how in could justify an 8.5 ft 'Cloud burster' left permanently inflated in the living room then ��
        You could claim that is a special exercise ball for a new kind of yoga. and then challenge people to see how long they can balancing on top of it? :P

Comment

• Tecumseh
          • Nov 2017

Sometimes when I have a big balloon out and random people ask about it, I just say that it is awesome and show them how sturdy it can be. They always seem intrigued rather than suspcious

Comment

• Loonatic
            Balloons + Feet
            • Apr 2016

That's a great tree! I thought about making one for my space as well!

I'm happy to see that someone else is working to incorporate balloons into their home decor. My wife and I use balloons around for decoration in various ways and it's sort of becoming our 'thing' to our friends now.

For example, we spelled out our last name in those huge 40" silver mylar letters in our livingroom above our sofa as a bit of an art piece. We also have a balloon bowl. It's just a large serving bowl-type thing that we have by our front door but, instead of having some sweets or candies as parting gifts for our friends and family, we have it filled with various balloons. I even switch out the colors of the loons in the bowl so it goes with the season, right now we have red and green and gold balloons for Christmastime.

That's all we have so far, but I'm always trying to find new ways to sneak loons out into the open as inconspicuously as I can haha

Comment

• Tecumseh
              • Nov 2017

The bowl thing, that is actually a pretty good idea! Gotta convince my girl first, because she might think it's kind of weird.

Also being "the balloon couple" without it draw TOO much attention is a pretty good sweetspot

Comment

• Loonatic
                Balloons + Feet
                • Apr 2016

Originally posted by Tecumseh
                The bowl thing, that is actually a pretty good idea! Gotta convince my girl first, because she might think it's kind of weird.

Also being "the balloon couple" without it draw TOO much attention is a pretty good sweetspot
                Haha you can always just use my excuse when people ask about the balloon bowl. One of my long time friends came over and he asked why we had a bowl of balloons and I just said "Eh, what's life without whimsy?" And now that's my go-to response. My wife will usually chime in that we thought it'd add a bit of color to the room.

But being the 'balloon couple' does have it's perks!

Comment

• b0f0s0f
                  • Nov 2016

Do you have any pictures of the bowl? I'd like to see if you do.

Has anyone ever taken one and blown it up?

Comment

• Tecumseh
                    • Nov 2017

Yes, made the actual Christmas tree today! It's far from perfect, but I'm pretty satisfied with the result
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Meililoon
                      aka lyckr
                      • Sep 2014

Yes, made the actual Christmas tree today! It's far from perfect, but I'm pretty satisfied with the result
                      That's awesome!

Comment

• Tecumseh
                        • Nov 2017

So... A new year... Guess it's time to say goodbye to the Christmas tree

Comment

• Tecumseh
                          • Nov 2017

Half the tree died, and oh my gosh is this thing awesome to play with!!! Imagine all these squishy balloons, but if you lay on them, they form around your body instead of jumping away. It's absolutely amazing!! <3

Comment

• Seidenki
                            • Dec 2016

Sometimes when I have a big balloon out and random people ask about it, I just say that it is awesome and show them how sturdy it can be. They always seem intrigued rather than suspcious
                            That's what I found, too! Years ago when I first had my own place, I used to leave balloons inflated. One day my parents came over when I had a lone 30" balloon lurking around. Dad was fascinated by it.

Comment

• Micks101
                              • Jan 2017

Has happened to me as well! I've had a 36" blown up in my room and had random people so interested in it! They didn't even ask why I had it, just wanted to look at it

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎