Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RainbowYarn
    • Jan 2020

Re: Best childhood loon memory

Another memory (or many) I had involved accidental busting.

Always loved sitting, bouncing and riding balloons throughout my life, and there were times where my dad would tease me with busting balloons.

When I was younger and growing into a teen, I was quite a fat boy, so I couldn't bounce on balloons much unless they were bigger sizes.

There were times when my dad would get me 16 and 17 inch balloons and blow them up for me to play with. But sometimes he would (on purpose) blow them up real big and tight and give them to me in hopes of them busting and scaring me.

It was common at birthdays, new years, or any time when there were balloons around.

He would blow up a 16 incher or 17 incher really big and tight with the neck shooting out, and he would instruct me to sit and bounce on them while he watched. And I was always happy to do that, and there I was sitting my fat butt on the balloons and bouncing and riding them.

And my dad would just watch and almost count down until my balloon would explode under my butt with a huge BANG! and resulting in me scared and crying my eyes out, and my dad would laugh and hold me and cuddle and comfort me.

He did this often, and sometimes he would overinflate balloons in front of me and scare me, or would roughouse with balloons. Sometimes, when I was playing with balloons, he would use his cigar to burst them and make me cry.

Comment

• LoonerPlanet
      • Nov 2018

I can still remember the event that triggered my childhood fear of balloons. I was probably 3. I woke up early, climbed out of bed and decided to play with an inflated balloon in my bedroom. As I was walking out of the bedroom holding the balloon, it suddenly popped with a loud bang. I can still visualize a piece of the latex stuck to the leg of a dresser.

From that point on, I avoided balloons and dreaded birthday parties. Eventually, I started to experiment with inflating balloons in secret, usually when I was alone in the apartment. Slowly, I got braver and my balloons got bigger. And my fascination with them grew.

Skip forward to about 12. I worked up the courage to even buy balloons. At this time, you could run into a random balloon vendor on the street selling Tilly Slim Jims. They always carried a huge worker balloon to attract customers. It was the bigger worker that I thought I was buying (bait and switch); I would get those many years later. Anyway, I bought a Slim Jim from the vendor. I must have blown that balloon up a dozen times, each time getting it a bit longer. I still remember measuring the balloon at 6'1" (did they get longer then?). Another breath or two and it popped. Didn't make me into a popper--still prefer my balloons in one piece--but, like some others, created a fascination with non-round balloons. To this day, I prefer my round balloons egg-shaped or necked, and love the challenge of inflating airships and shaped balloons. Tilly balloons were also very squeaky when you handled them, which is still a very erotic sound for me.

Comment

• SuddsMcKinley
        • Aug 2022

For me it was definitely water balloons. The tacky and cool texture was always pleasant on a warm day. That coupled with the slippery jiggle was game over. Water balloons were so unpredictable - And the bigger they got, all the more unpredictable. When I was a kid I remember finding this bag of indestructible mystery balloons and making these enormous water balloons. I’ll share the whole story some other time, but they still haunt me til this very day lol.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎