Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Big Thud Joe
    • May 2017

No imprint area and matching seams?

Just a few days ago, I approached beachballs.com for getting a custom job made for a black 42 inch ball, back three panels blank (black), and the front three panels with my desired print. They noted in first email that they can only print on each individual panel, not all three. I wrote back thanking them for their time and quote, and that I have to look else where, and then this was their last reply which seems a little cryptic . They note another company can do it, but something about no imprint area and matching seams threw me, seems somewhat vague.

Hi Xxxxxx,

Yes, I understand and thank you for letting me know. The only manufacturer that I know that will make a full process ball which means that there is no imprint area and the images fill the balls to the seam edge, will not match up seams either. I hope that you can find someone.

Thank you,

Bobbi

PS: Just thought that it may be something to do with the curvature of the ball, but thought they would have the technics of flattening it into something akin to a pancake, as each beach ball is two halves. Once flattened, they can print one side of the ball. I wouldn't want the logo to go all the way to the edge, but for it to at least cover 98% of the side.
    Last edited by Big Thud Joe; 10-04-2019, 01:34.
  • OverTheTop
    • Dec 2013

Re: No imprint area and matching seams?

Maybe it has to do with how the edges of the panels overlap slightly to form the seams?

Comment

• Vicci
      Blown to bits
      • Oct 2009

I think what they're trying to tell you is full printed balls are usually printed whilst the vinyl is flat and before the panels are welded together (as you can't print over a seam).
      With doing this, you can end up with the print not matching up either side of a seam as the panels are hardly every aligned precisely - the best example of this are globe beach balls, if you look at the seams you'll see the countries rarely match up.
      I'm guessing beachballs.com buy pre-manufactured balls then screen-print on to them, so they can only print on to each individual panel and not the 'no-imprint' area around the seams.
      Vicci x

Comment

• Big Thud Joe
        • May 2017

Okay, interesting. When in a department store back in 2000, I remember a huge 48 inch pokemon ball. The back three panels were opaque red, the front three, transparent clear, and like my big thud joe logo, instead it was a huge gold circle printed onto the clear PVC, with a blue and yellow pokemon logo. On close inspection, the logo matched exactly across all three panels. The size of the gold circle left about two inches of transparent, as it didn't go all the way to the edge.

I remember asking the store manager if they had any in stock, as I had quite a hard boner, unfortunately the store manager said the one inflated was the only one they had, and that they were using it for promotional purposes. Even if they were for sale, they would have been difficult to use as I was still living with my parents.

As for my custom design, somewhat a shame, as having this would have visually and rapidly set off my arousel to a very intense point. I may give inflatable world . de a go, and see what they can do.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎