Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #11  
Old 27-03-2019, 11:37 PM
OverTheTop OverTheTop is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 659
OverTheTop is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Rubberized Inflatables
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
When you applied it, did you make sure to spread it all around the inside, then leave for a few days until it fully absorbs? Strange that it affected the colour of the beach ball. I used 3 bottles on a large 116 cm semi transprant beach ball without any issues.
It usually only messes with the colors if they're printed on the inside: if the vinyl itself is dyed, that's fine, but the ATBC will strip the prints off if they're printed at the surface.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 28-03-2019, 04:34 AM
Joe Sixpanel Joe Sixpanel is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: USA
Posts: 25
Joe Sixpanel is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Rubberized Inflatables
Originally Posted by OverTheTop View Post
It usually only messes with the colors if they're printed on the inside: if the vinyl itself is dyed, that's fine, but the ATBC will strip the prints off if they're printed at the surface.
This ball colorful prints all over the clear vinyl, in addition to the large warning label printed in black ink that covered one entire panel. All the inks were printed on the inside.

However, now the ball is a perfectly clear bubble and incredibly soft and stretchy. I must say I'm very happy with the product. I used about 1/4 of the one ounce bottle. I would probably use a little less next time, especially for a 20" ball.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 29-03-2019, 03:28 PM
OverTheTop OverTheTop is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 659
OverTheTop is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Rubberized Inflatables
Originally Posted by Joe Sixpanel View Post
This ball colorful prints all over the clear vinyl, in addition to the large warning label printed in black ink that covered one entire panel. All the inks were printed on the inside.

However, now the ball is a perfectly clear bubble and incredibly soft and stretchy. I must say I'm very happy with the product. I used about 1/4 of the one ounce bottle. I would probably use a little less next time, especially for a 20" ball.
Yeah, the results are really nice. Just be careful not to overinflate it too much, the vinyl is soft and stretchier but will still tear at the seams if you push it.

Could you post a picture of it? I'm curious whether the ink was completely removed or if there's any gunk remaining at the bottom.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-04-2019, 05:37 AM
Joe Sixpanel Joe Sixpanel is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: USA
Posts: 25
Joe Sixpanel is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Rubberized Inflatables
Originally Posted by OverTheTop View Post
Yeah, the results are really nice. Just be careful not to overinflate it too much, the vinyl is soft and stretchier but will still tear at the seams if you push it.

Could you post a picture of it? I'm curious whether the ink was completely removed or if there's any gunk remaining at the bottom.
I'll try to post a picture soon. There are still tiny dark rings around the end caps where the vinyl overlaps, but other than that, it is perfectly clear.

I'm always careful about not overinflating - even when I'm overinflating This beach ball actually scares me a bit because it is so much like a balloon now.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 30-01-2020, 07:01 PM
bolgaim bolgaim is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 1
bolgaim is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Rubberized Inflatables
A cheaper alternative to Sculpey is Cernit Magic Mix. Has the same effect as Sculpey, but comes in a larger bottle (80 ml). I have used this several times on various toys with success.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 23-02-2020, 04:35 AM
Tookus's Avatar
Tookus Tookus is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 32
Tookus is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Rubberized Inflatables
I rubberized these armbands and they feel incredible.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.