Old 17-02-2020, 01:22 PM

Marlo14 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Getting over your fear of popping balloon
Originally Posted by somerando View Post
I'd say try to figure out what scares you most first. If it's the loud noise of the bang, try popping less inflated balloons will a needle or something, the more you get used to it the less afraid you'll be. If it's the fear of the popping being painful (popping in your face or something), then I'd recommend popping a balloon with a sharp object while blowing it up. Essentially, pop balloons of your own volition until you feel confident enough to pop them accidentally. Good luck!
Thank you for your reply! Always appreciated! Actually what scare me the most is the pop! I even bought a electric pump and I am so scared to use it because I canít feel when the balloon is about to pop and it blows them up really too quick.
Old 17-02-2020, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by lyckr View Post
When it comes to blow to pops, if you're worried about pieces of latex hitting your face (the pieces will in most cases go away from you, but it might still happen), I would recommend wearing safety glasses. Or you could do like I did when I did my first ever blow to pop on purpose: make a mask out of cardboard and just make a hole to put the balloon in your mouth
Thank you for the tip! I am actually more scared of the pop but thatís something I will try to creat! Thank you
Old 17-02-2020, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by brink99 View Post
What about my neigbours, I don't dare to pop, because everyone here can here it???
Any tips or is it just in my head?
I live in a townhouse and I have neighbours each side of me and I have been popping lots of balloon and never got a single complaint. If you are scared that they would complain you can always pop smaller balloon, older balloon or even pop them under the blanket. Hope it helps you!
Old 17-02-2020, 08:08 PM

wildheart is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Marlo14 View Post
What do you thing sould be best between weed and alcohol? I might try both and see! Donít make what a regular thing?
Probably alcohol. Itís been called liquid courage for a reason. Weed could work too, depending on strain and how it effects you. It might calm you, excite you, or make you more anxious. Itís not a good idea to smoke or drink every time you want to pop though, otherwise youíll never be able to do it sober and get over your fear.
Old 18-02-2020, 12:21 PM

srob2 is on a distinguished road
If you have an electric pump, throw a balloon on, and leave your house. That should give you an idea how loud it is for them. Most apartments are an issue, most houses are not. But one more thing giving you anxiety is the last thing you want trying to get over fear.
Old 18-02-2020, 05:50 PM

lyckr is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by srob2 View Post
If you have an electric pump, throw a balloon on, and leave your house. That should give you an idea how loud it is for them. Most apartments are an issue, most houses are not. But one more thing giving you anxiety is the last thing you want trying to get over fear.
I've done this when my neighbors haven't been home. It's a good way to see how far the sound travels.
If you don't have an electric pump and don't plan on doing any blow to pops, another option is to use something like a remote controlled car (if you have that), attach something sharp to it and place it in front of a secured balloon. Go outside and make it drive forward and pop the balloon.
Old 19-02-2020, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by lyckr View Post
I've done this when my neighbors haven't been home. It's a good way to see how far the sound travels.
If you don't have an electric pump and don't plan on doing any blow to pops, another option is to use something like a remote controlled car (if you have that), attach something sharp to it and place it in front of a secured balloon. Go outside and make it drive forward and pop the balloon.
The control car is such a great idea even just for regular popping!
Old 22-02-2020, 01:10 AM

bfinch2000 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by wildheart View Post
Probably alcohol. Itís been called liquid courage for a reason. Weed could work too, depending on strain and how it effects you. It might calm you, excite you, or make you more anxious. Itís not a good idea to smoke or drink every time you want to pop though, otherwise youíll never be able to do it sober and get over your fear.
totally agree about alcohol, it really helped me with my first pops, but yeah you want to be careful how much you have. i had way too much once and ... let's just say i was very lucky not to end up in a difficult situation to talk my way out of :P
Old 23-02-2020, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by bfinch2000 View Post
totally agree about alcohol, it really helped me with my first pops, but yeah you want to be careful how much you have. i had way too much once and ... let's just say i was very lucky not to end up in a difficult situation to talk my way out of :P
Thanks! I hope it will help! Such a stressful moment but lovin it