Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • softsquishyballoon
    • Feb 2020

Soft Squishy Latex Balloons

What are some of the softest latex balloon brands that you know of? And what are some tips on making latex balloons soft and squishy?
  • Meililoon
    aka lyckr
    • Sep 2014

Re: Soft Squishy Latex Balloons

16" Unique are quite soft at rated size, even on the first inflation. Tuf-Tex gets nice and soft after being inflated at least once before.

Best way to make a balloon soft in general is to inflate it multiple times and let the air out. Ideally you keep the air in for a short while (an hour should do in most cases), before reinflating it. Multiple inflations will make the balloon able to become bigger, or softer if you don't go past rated size.

Comment

• softsquishyballoon
      • Feb 2020

Thanks!

Comment

• Tookus
        • Nov 2019

I like these, they're soft and rubbery, sniffable, and kissable!

Comment

• frankfrank
          Empathetic Harmonizer
          • Feb 2018

They're small (9 inch?), but those arrays of 24 balloons that you can buy at Target...they may be the softest balloons I have ever found. They aren't overly durable, though - they won't support the weight of somebody wanting to ride them, but they're extremely soft. They are meant to be inflated in groups-of-eight, with some special pump (that I haven't seen alongside them?), but they can easily be inflated through their individual straws.

I merely cut the straws individually, below the point where eight straws are conjoined. Then you have individual balloons, with straws sticking out of the end. They're "valved" straws, so the balloons don't deflate once inflated.

One batch is red, and I think the other batches-of-eight are yellow and blue, if I remember correctly.
          People who don't know the difference between BURRO and BURROW, can't tell their ass from a hole in the ground.

There's been a lot of thefts of helium-filled balloons recently. More so than in the past, so they're going up. I think inflation is to blame.

"Some people without brains do an awful lot of talking." - The Scarecrow, WIZARD OF OZ, 1939

Comment

• frankfrank
            Empathetic Harmonizer
            • Feb 2018

I stopped at Target today, and I didn't see those balloon arrays anywhere for the life-of-me. I hope they haven't stopped making them. Spritz brand, just like all their other balloons.
            People who don't know the difference between BURRO and BURROW, can't tell their ass from a hole in the ground.

There's been a lot of thefts of helium-filled balloons recently. More so than in the past, so they're going up. I think inflation is to blame.

"Some people without brains do an awful lot of talking." - The Scarecrow, WIZARD OF OZ, 1939

Comment

• softsquishyballoon
              • Feb 2020

Thanks, everyone, for your suggestions!! <3

I might do some balloon shopping this weekend. Anyway, I got myself some more soft squishy balloons. That balloon I found in the street a little over three weeks ago is still in fairly good shape - and it's *very* soft, now. I'm hoping I can make that balloon last at least one more week.

The sensible side of me knows that it won't last forever. So I checked out the set of balloons that I purchased from Walmart, and that I started blowing up over two weeks ago. I deflated the balloons that appeared to be the most oxidized, and I blew them up to slightly over half size. The size I bought were 12-inch, so I blew them up to a little over six inches - and... Presto! More soft squishy balloons!!

Comment

• softsquishyballoon
                • Feb 2020

Okay, updates! I currently have three sets of balloons.

My first set of balloons... isn't really a set! It's actually just one balloon that I rescued from the street. I think it will last a bit over a month - since, as of Wednesday this week, I will have had that balloon in my possession for four weeks. From what I remember, the balloon was already partially deflated when I first found it - and I was immediately attracted to its softness! The balloon's age is really starting to show now, and the latex has gotten quite weak - but it definitely feels *very* nice to the touch, now! At the same time, I fully understand that that balloon will likely not be around for too much longer. So, as such, I am now starting to give more love to my second set of balloons.

My second set of balloons... was a set of 12-inch balloons I purchased at Walmart. I blew the first one up three Mondays ago, and I blew the last of them up the Thursday before last. There was one defective balloon in the set that I had to throw away, and there was one other that I lost. So I have thirteen remaining from a package of fifteen. I just finished re-blowing the remainder of the set so they're smaller than the stated size, and they are now all at the soft squishy state. In fact, some are now just as soft and squishy as the first balloon that I found - yet with obviously still stronger latex.

My third set of balloons... was a set of 16 nine-inch balloons that I purchased at a grocery store. I blew up the first balloon from the set last week Monday, and I still have nine balloons that I've not yet blown up. As it's only been a week, none of them are really showing any signs of oxidation - but, in the meantime, I currently have 14 soft squishy balloons to enjoy!

I'll probably go shopping for balloons next time at Walmart next week Tuesday. I'll see if Walmart has Tuf Tex. Either way, I'm looking at getting larger balloons this time around.
                Last edited by softsquishyballoon; 03-03-2020, 05:09. Reason: minor

Comment

• sexyneck
                  • Feb 2016

Do you have sex with these balloons? If you baby powder them, it will be even more arousing. Because it's softness and smoothness feels nice rubbing against it. I share a hot photo of my favourite soft hot and smooth powdered balloon in action.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by sexyneck; 03-03-2020, 14:08. Reason: Add photo

Comment

• softsquishyballoon
                    • Feb 2020

I'll be sure to try out the baby powder. As I'm still pretty new to all this, I'm still experimenting to see what makes the softest balloons. Next week Tuesday, I'll check to see the largest size that Walmart has - and probably pick that one up, unless it's too large to blow up at the same time with one mouth.

Comment

• srob2
                      • Dec 2017

these?

Comment

• frankfrank
                        Empathetic Harmonizer
                        • Feb 2018

Looks like a different brand (and 40 balloons instead of 24 - referring to my post #6), so I have no idea how they'd compare to the ones (Spritz band) that I found at Target. They might not even be the same size. It's definitely the same idea, though.

Looks like a stock photo, but if it's your photo and you've found and tried these out, let us know. Somebody(-ies) here will benefit from the information, and these will appeal to somebody.

Comment

• OverTheTop
                          • Dec 2013

You can make pretty much any balloon super soft by baking them in the oven. Set it to 270-290°F, then bake the balloons for 5-15 minutes depending on how soft they already are and how soft you want them. If they've been inflated before, cut the time in half or they'll pop too easily.

If you take a brand that's already somewhat soft, like Cattex, and bake it for even just 5 minutes, it will be super squishy and stretchy compared to before baking. Just be careful not to overdo it or they'll be too weak!

Comment

• softsquishyballoon
                            • Feb 2020

Okay, a few things...

I did see that brand at Walmart, srob2, but figured it was a bit too pricey for me. Also, apparently, the Walmart by me doesn't carry any balloons larger than 12 inches - so, within two weeks, I'll probably order some Tuf-Tex balloons online.

So, today, I picked up another 12-inch of balloons (different colour). What I'm gonna do differently this time is blow up each balloon only one. Some from my first set ended up a bit distorted from blowing them up several times.

I also just picked up some baby powdered, and just powdered some of my balloons - including the balloon that started it all. By tomorrow, I will have had that balloon for five weeks.

Comment

• softsquishyballoon
                              • Feb 2020

I have 22 uninflated balloons (all 12 inches) stored in the pantry, so I'm trying not to get too carried away with my balloons.

My original rescued balloon is over six weeks old and quite small.

Everything from my first set of purchased balloons (12 inches) are now very soft and squishy.

The second set (nine inches) are still in the in-between state.

Everything I have inflated from my third, fourth, and fifth sets (12 inches) are still relatively firm. 22 balloons from those sets remain uninflated.

I think I might try punch balloons this time around, and probably inflate only one to start out with. I understand that the latex is usually thicker, as those balloons are designed to take quite a beating. I'll see how long those balloons take to soften.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎