Why did someone not lift my balloon on the bus and give it back to me?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TizianosBoy
    • Apr 2019

Why did someone not lift my balloon on the bus and give it back to me?

I went to Frankie's and Benny's today for lunch and I got two inflated balloons today when I finished my food, everything was OK until I went to sit down on the bus, I couldn't keep hold of my inflated balloons as the bus was full completely so it was a tight squeeze, when I sat down, one balloon fell on the floor and the bus driver just walked over it and didn't pick it up for me, I said to him if he would pick up my balloon as I couldn't get it as people were trying to past, but he just ignored me, I had difficulty trying to get the balloon on the floor and there was a stop where I could have got it but some parent found it and ended up giving it to their child and I was annoyed as I was the one who walked quite far to get the balloons for myself, I suffer with quite bad leg pain, was this warranted do you think? The parent knew it was my balloon but just let their child take it and didn't give me it back, was this fair do you think? I'm quite annoyed right now as I got those for myself, I'll not be doing that again anyway.
  • craggy2012
    • Jan 2012

Re: Why did someone not lift my balloon on the bus and give it back to me?

I went to concert one night that ended with a balloon drop with a load of purple and black 3 foot rounds. Most got popped, but a few made it safely out of the venue afterwards. Whilst stood waiting for my train home again, I noted an older woman maternally cradling this purple 3 ft round balloon like it was the most precious thing in the world. Her train duly arrived but it was full to standing as it was the last train heading northwards. A few minutes later the train departed and there, stood solitary on the now desolate platform stood the same woman- still cradling this balloon. Obviously she was intent on getting this thing home intact by any means- I’d imagine by a rather expensive taxi!

Comment

• palloncino90
      • Jan 2018

Why didn't you claim your balloon? This situation makes me very annoyed, if I was there, I would have to get back the balloon for sure.
      I want to live surrounded of big and colorful balloons

Comment

• Danishlooner
        • Jan 2018

Oh come on.... It's just a balloon. Stop crying. A kid got it after, so stop being a little baby about it.

Comment

• MetroBalloon
          • Oct 2017

Originally posted by Danishlooner
          Oh come on.... It's just a balloon. Stop crying. A kid got it after, so stop being a little baby about it.
          No need to be a bitch about it.

Comment

• palloncino90
            • Jan 2018

Originally posted by Danishlooner
            Hi, in my opinion the problem is the disrespect. If you see that I lose something, whatever it is, you can't take it such as nothing happened.
            I want to live surrounded of big and colorful balloons

Comment

• BalloonBoyUK
              Banned
              • Dec 2018

Originally posted by TizianosBoy
              everything was OK until I went to sit down on the bus, I couldn't keep hold of my inflated balloons as the bus was full completely so it was a tight squeeze, when I sat down, one balloon fell on the floor and the bus driver just walked over it and didn't pick it up for me, I said to him if he would pick up my balloon as I couldn't get it as people were trying to past, but he just ignored me, I had difficulty trying to get the balloon on the floor and there was a stop where I could have got it but some parent found it and ended up giving it to their child and I was annoyed as I was the one who walked quite far to get the balloons for myself [snip]
              For what it's worth, I can see both sides to this scenario. I'm sorry this has happened to you, and I do completely sympathise with you, and can see why it upset you. I'd be annoyed too.

I've had times in the past when I've been carrying big bunches of balloons home from somewhere, and people have asked if they can have one (either to keep, to pop, or to suck the helium out of), and I always say "No", because they're mine. I've paid or donated money/time/something for them, so I want to keep them. If asked why I've said "No", I usually say that they're for a sibling who is in hospital, or a gift for a sick child. It tends to keep people at bay, even if it's a total lie.

With that said...

1) To be fair to the driver, it's not their job to pick-up, or otherwise help you with your goods. And, whilst I'm absolutely not saying that they should (or should not) have helped you, I suspect they've probably been told by management, not to help passengers with anything, in case of "Health & Safety" issues - namely, that if a driver were to injure themselves, the bus company wouldn't cover them for the injury.

Whilst I completely accept it was only a balloon, the driver has to focus on passenger safety and driving the bus on schedule. Each passenger they help out with something, is a few seconds more they get behind schedule. Likewise, the driver may not want to risk their personal safety, either. That is probably why the driver didn't help you - not because they didn't want too, but have been told not to do so.

2) I also note that the lady should not have taken your balloon and given it to her child to play with or keep. It's theft, for want of a better word. Yes, it may only be a balloon to that lady, but it wasn't hers to take or give away in the first place. If I'd have been you, I'd have asked for it back, and if she had refused, I'd have guilt-tripped them into giving it back by saying something like "That balloon is for my little sister, who is currently in hospital right now, and they were for her".

Whether the lady would've given it back, is another topic altogether, but at least it might have made her rethink taking something that wasn't hers in the first place.

Ultimately, though, there's nothing you can do about it on this occasion. I know it's upsetting, but sadly, sometimes stuff like this happens, and there's not much anyone can do to fix things for you. The world is filled with idiots, and you've encountered one on this particular bus.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎