Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lilolover82
    • Mar 2014

what you do with leaky inflatables

I just recently thought about inflatables.
    we are in the last month of summer. I find
    almost all my inflatables second hand with leaks/holes on the beach. I like to ride them down while they deflate through the leaks. It turns me on and arouses me. It feels good to ride them down. what do you enjoy doing with your leaky inflatables?
    Washington State, United States
  • LeeRider
    • Nov 2014

Re: what you do with leaky inflatables

Ha ha! I like to try and patch em up and blow them up again!

Comment

• Jkloon
      • Aug 2013

I patch them. I prefer when my inflatables are really tightly inflated.

Comment

• BillNye
        • Aug 2015

I also like to ride them down.

Alternatively, one thing that really gets me going are heat stretched inflatables. It is a tricky process to use a hair dryer, iron/towel, or boiling water to apply heat to an inflatable so it stretches but doesn't pop. I often use my leaky ones as practice for my next project and ride them down when finished

Comment

• lilolover82
          • Mar 2014

Bill I recently found a few more. I am building up
          quite the collection. This last two are both air mattress.
          Two girls were playing with them and accidentally got leaks in them. Probably easily repaired, but for now I enjoy riding them down.

Comment

• tkvinyl
            • Feb 2014

Originally posted by lilolover82
            almost all my inflatables second hand with leaks/holes on the beach. I like to ride them down while they deflate through the leaks. It turns me on and arouses me. It feels good to ride them down. what do you enjoy doing with your leaky inflatables?
            You are so lucky! I have no where to go where I live to find second hand leaky inflatables. If I had my wish, I would never have to buy a new inflatable again. Love to ride them down too. The best inflatables are the leaky ones.

You must live by an ocean or good beach.

I try to buy used beach balls and other pool toys when I get the opportunity. Used + leaky = awesome!

Comment

• Michael1968
              • Sep 2015

I hate it when mine get holes. I ride one more time. I have a plastic been I put them in and never use them again. Recently i found a old bin of used beach balls about a 100 of them that had been used from my early Jr high and high school years they had been used a lot. When I was younger I humped my beach balls 5 to ten times a day. I had to toss them I have no room for it at my new apartment my storage is no more. In all I tossed about 250 balls and pool toys my wife had fun doing it.

Comment

• Vicci
                Blown to bits
                • Oct 2009

I throw mine away as when they pop they're usually un-repairable (like the 47" swim ring I was blowing up last night, it tore in half along the inner seam with a large boom)
                Vicci x

Comment

• wildheart
                  • Apr 2015

Did you pop it by mouth? Was it accidental or on purpose
                  How big will it go? Only one way to find out...
                  My website: loonerstories.weebly.com

Comment

• Vicci
                    Blown to bits
                    • Oct 2009

It was by accident whilst I was blowing it up for something else. Ah well
                    Vicci x

Comment

• wildheart
                      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Vicci
                      It was by accident whilst I was blowing it up for something else. Ah well
                      Vicci popping something by accident? Find that hard to believe
                      How big will it go? Only one way to find out...
                      My website: loonerstories.weebly.com

Comment

• lilolover82
                        • Mar 2014

Originally posted by tkvinyl
                        You are so lucky! I have no where to go where I live to find second hand leaky inflatables. If I had my wish, I would never have to buy a new inflatable again. Love to ride them down too. The best inflatables are the leaky ones.

You must live by an ocean or good beach.

I try to buy used beach balls and other pool toys when I get the opportunity. Used + leaky = awesome!
                        We have a river with multiple parks, beaches, and swimming areas. Not too difficult through out the summer to find the ones that leak, left on the beaches or nearby dumpsters.

Comment

• SoniaStrummFan217
                          • May 2012

Originally posted by lilolover82
                          I'm the same way. Don't get me wrong. I get sad when an inflatable I like suddenly springs a leak, but I get turned on by the sound and feeling of a toy deflating underneath me. So I make the best of the experience and ride the inflatable down until it's completely deflated. From there, I try to see if I can fix the leak. If it's something simple like a puncture (which 9 times out of 10 isn't the case for me), I patch it up, but if it's a torn seam, I can't fix those, so I rip up the inflatable as kind of a send off since I can't actually save it. If it was an inflatable I really liked, I keep one of the air valves kind of as a memento of it.
                          Every book is a Tardis: Innocuous on the outside, bigger on the inside, and able to transport you through time and space.

Comment

• lilolover82
                            • Mar 2014

Originally posted by SoniaStrummFan217
                            I'm the same way. Don't get me wrong. I get sad when an inflatable I like suddenly springs a leak, but I get turned on by the sound and feeling of a toy deflating underneath me. So I make the best of the experience and ride the inflatable down until it's completely deflated. From there, I try to see if I can fix the leak. If it's something simple like a puncture (which 9 times out of 10 isn't the case for me), I patch it up, but if it's a torn seam, I can't fix those, so I rip up the inflatable as kind of a send off since I can't actually save it. If it was an inflatable I really liked, I keep one of the air valves kind of as a memento of it.
                            Most of mine that I keep are small leaks, either small leaks either small accidental holes where it slowly leaks out, or tiny seam leaks. Some times it parents discovering their children are developing our fetish, and with a misunderstanding they try to stab it with a sharp object or they use lighters or cigarettes to burn multiple holes in them. A lot of them will never be patched well enough again to hold air well enough to use for swimming in water. But I do not destroy them, unless they're so destroyed already that they won't hold any air for any length of time and therefore can't be used as a play toy.

Comment

• craggy2012
                              • Jan 2012

If there's any clear transparent vinyl on it I'll recover this as its great for cutting repair patch circles out from, possibly keep the valve(s) again if it's on a clear part of the item as these are sometimes handy for repairs. The rest of what ever it was goes in the bin.

Comment

Working...