Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • andreastyriel
    • Sep 2013

Ever popped whilst family are at home?

I've had a fair few of these experience but luckily no ones ever said anything.
    This morning i decided to bite and let the air out of a balloon that was taking up the room in my wardrobe balloon hiding place but it burst when i bit it...everyone was in bed asleep luckily but still made me go OH S*IT hide the other one quickly !
    Anyone had family say anything to them when they hear the very obvious and distinct BANG ?
    BTP's no way but any other all the way
  • wildheart
    • Apr 2015

Re: Ever popped whilst family are at home?

I've popped plastic bags and no one said anything, might not of heard it though. At least you can blame it on a firework this weekend
    How big will it go? Only one way to find out...
    My website: loonerstories.weebly.com

Comment

• Meililoon
      aka lyckr
      • Sep 2014

I haven't had it happen yet, mostly because I very rarely do anything with my balloons while they are at home, though it's increasingly tempting as I very rarely have the house for myself these days.

While on the subject, I've wanted to test how well you can hear a balloon being popped in my bedroom from other parts of the house for a while. Does anyone have any ideas for how I can make a balloon pop while I'm in a different room to see if I can hear it?

Comment

• Bubble Boy :-P

I would like to know a way too...hmmm...maybe if......how about if you set the balloon atop something that gives off heat which would slowly comprise the balloon....giving u time to move about different parts of the house...but what...a lampshade...no a naked light bulb... Try that...i think I might do the same...yeah...that should work...

Comment

• Bubble Boy :-P

Edit: slowly COMPROMISE the balloon...

Comment

• Jkloon
            • Aug 2013

I've had balloons pop at home with my parents around. Sometimes whilst they're sleeping, but sometimes while they're awake downstairs. I've been questioned a few times, but usually put it off as me dropping something or tripping.

Comment

• Steve_inflator
              • Aug 2013

An iron of some sort, either for clothes pressing or a soldering iron.

Comment

• Nopops4me
                • Jun 2015

Only have balloon play when alone in house.
                Hearing pops from other parts of house - have you tried b2p with electric pump? It can take minutes from switch-on to pop, time to move around house. If that's takes too long, try making pin-hole in the thicker drip point of the balloon before switch-on.
                Also seen on youtube squeezed orange juice or baby oil dripped onto inflated latex balloon delays a pop. Hope this helps

Comment

• Jkloon
                  • Aug 2013

Or have somebody pop it for you

Comment

• marja

When I was still living at my parents house, I always had balloons in my bedroom "as decoration". Every now and then I replaced the balloons to have different colors or just because they weren't that nice anymore.
                    So when my parents heard balloons pop, they thought I replaced my decoration. Which was true, as I made sure to replace balloons after popping a few. But I also enjoyed popping the balloons (and I still do).

Comment

• perchedontheloon
                      • Dec 2014

Not on purpose, but yes. I, like Maria, had balloons around my room frequently but I tried (in vain) to keep them out of sight. I came home from a friends house and pulled a balloon out of my closet, I untied the knot and began to blow it up bigger. Then the balloon popped and almost immediately the hallway light turned on, my mother knocking on the door asking about that sound. I told her it was nothing, a balloon had just popped. All she said was "not at this hour" and went back to bed. I was sweating bullets!

Comment

• stobarts
                        • Dec 2018

I blow up and burst my large balloons late at night when my dad is in bed asleep ,sometimes he hears the bangs and next morning he asks me what the bangs are so I make up an excuse to get out of it

Comment

• Myra
                          • Dec 2018

No, never. I always make sure I'm alone before getting any balloons out. I'm really paranoid about picking up all the shards as well, just in case someone asks questions. I can't wait to get my own place.

Comment

• Loon119
                            • Jun 2018

Yeah several times we've had accidental pops. Her mother actually came to see what the bang was I quickly said I'd knocked an empty cup over. After that though she knew about my balloons so literally told her the truth😂other family members who have stopped for whatever reason have not mentioned it

Comment

• lionlooner
                              • Apr 2016

Sometimes, both by accident and on purpose. It's given that it'll happen on accident; but sometimes when I'm going at it, the moment just feels too good not to waste, so it goes boom. Usually don't have problems, but I've been asked once or twice what a certain noise was. Can usually be explained away as something falling over tbh.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎