Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seasider
    • Jan 2016

Re: Rescued Balloons

I saw this morning that my local Skoda dealer had a load of balloons our. I went back at about 20 minutes before closing and asked if I could take some of the balloons and they were fine - safe to say I am now sat on my sofa “enjoying them” - it was a great thrill of and the staff weren’t bothered at all
    Attached Files

Comment

• Seasidelad
      • Sep 2018

Most of the balloons I have had have been given out or been on a balloon tree. I have seen balloons at car dealers but I am not really into balloons that have been left outside all day. Sometimes I have asked even if they were on the balloon tree but I never took too many

Comment

• Seasider
        • Jan 2016

Agreed the ones tied to the cars outside are not ideal, having been in the weather all day. The two places close to my work that always have balloons on trees at the moment are a tui holiday shop and the nationwide building society. The nationwide ones I think are 12” belbals and look really nice!

Comment

• Loonorm
          • Mar 2019

So I have posted in another link about getting mylar balloons from my local JEWEL grocery store (floral department) this past weekend, and I have posted here about ‘rescued balloons’. But here’s my question to the group. Has anyone ever gone to a banquet hall, or an event center, and have asked for the display balloons there? I figured you would have a good chance of getting larger balloons, and more balloons, than elsewhere. Curious.... As a side note... Quite a few of the suburbs around where I live have passed legislation banning outdoor display balloons. Quite a few dealerships have gone to the large plastic balloons for display. Many dealerships don’t even have the large displays inside the stores anymore.

Comment

• bubblesNdragons
            • Oct 2019

Back then, I only took home balloons from parties and school events because half of the people there took some home too. I did it then so that I wouldn't look out of place. One exception I made was when I was at a book festival for local authors in my area, they had some balloons. When a staff member was about to pop and throw away some, I rushed up to her to ask if I could take them home instead, in which she said yes.
            Nowadays I don't really take home balloons from public anymore because the balloons they use are almost never big enough to please me.
            *notices bulge*

Comment

• Creeperlooner
              • Jan 2020

I live in a large condominium (2000+ apartments) and my neyghbours are ever discarding inflated balloons in the trash room. I’ve rescued a bunch of them, some are a cluster of dozens. Last week I just got lots of 11” qualatex cromium balloons.

Comment

• BLoon157
                • Oct 2020

Recently I went in a store
                They opened 6 days before and they were removing their advertisements balloon.
                In the carpark there were 6 giant helium on the street lamps ( don't know the exact size and brand ). after six day the helium was not a lot and those balloons were just down as a "pendulum".
                I jut ask if I can take one of them intact, they answer me "if you can pull down that one, it will be yours. we cannot reach it with the ladder".
                They point me the one with the shorter wire, so the higher one. Sadly, the others they had pin and trashed.

I went home and came back half an hour later, I'm a video maker so I have some instrument for filming, also a drone. I attach a utility knife blade with some tape to one of the propeller and use it for cut the wire.

That giant balloon came down, I take it, cut the wire and deflated.
                The shop assistant had a face like "wtf"

Different method for using a drone ^^'
                Attached Files

Comment

• Blowitbig
                  • Jan 2016

I bet that balloon will be huge when you blow it up,
                  The bigger the better

Comment

• PBK
                    • Mar 2019

Originally posted by BLoon157
                    Recently I went in a store
                    They opened 6 days before and they were removing their advertisements balloon.
                    In the carpark there were 6 giant helium on the street lamps ( don't know the exact size and brand ). after six day the helium was not a lot and those balloons were just down as a "pendulum".
                    I jut ask if I can take one of them intact, they answer me "if you can pull down that one, it will be yours. we cannot reach it with the ladder".
                    They point me the one with the shorter wire, so the higher one. Sadly, the others they had pin and trashed.

I went home and came back half an hour later, I'm a video maker so I have some instrument for filming, also a drone. I attach a utility knife blade with some tape to one of the propeller and use it for cut the wire.

That giant balloon came down, I take it, cut the wire and deflated.
                    The shop assistant had a face like "wtf"

Different method for using a drone ^^'
                    Wow! Nice rescue! I wish our car dealers around here used balloons like that. The rare time they use them they usually use 9" poorly inflated.

A gal I know that works at the Ford dealership nearby told me when I asked her point blank that helium is too expensive for their advertising and promotion budget, and the plastic sticks are a pain to use and getting phased out anyway. I hope the generation of car lot balloons isn't coming to an end....

Comment

• BLoon157
                      • Oct 2020

I tryed but I blow it up about less than half because it was blowing "not in the right way" I would avoid a pop of that. but I think that I recognized that balloon.
                      I think that I recognized the brand of that balloon, I purchased an I blow it up because it has no "special print"

Comment

• BLoon157
                        • Oct 2020

I also got some balloons from Hamsley and also from an Apple Museum

Comment

• Daddy
                          • Sep 2020

I still remember the first time I rescued balloons. I was 10 and there was a big production at my small church. I took as many as I could from a column (4 to a layer spiral column) grabbed a huge bag and walked home for 30 minutes. Set it up in my room to the ceiling.

And little by little, I had to throw them away after use.

Blessed balloons.

Comment

• Danniballoon
                            • Mar 2018

Anyone who has read my other posts will know that I have a thing about rescuing balloons. Despite me having thousands of balloons in my collection, a rescued one is worth far more. This morning was a little strange, however. I'd been dreaming that I was in town & there was a lovely balloon blowing about with people walking past and not taking any notice. I went off somewhere then started thinking about the balloon and that I must have it. I went back and just as I got there a couple of kids started kicking it about. One got hold of it and much to my horror, BANG - he popped it. I went over and picked up the soft crumpled rubber and took it with me. Even though he had busted it, I still love the feel of stretched rubber.
                            Anyway, after I got up I looked out of the window and much to my surprise there were 2 balloons on the grass verge. Immediately my pulse started racing. I had to get to them before anyone could pop them. I went out and managed to grab them, in view of all the passing cars. I just didn't care, I had to have them. Curious as to where they had come from, I checked my CCTV. To my surprise, a car had gone past with lots of balloons hanging out of the back of it and these 2 had become detached. Thankfully, it was just after all the kids had gone to school, otherwise one of them would have almost certainly stomped on them and bust them. What is odd (and besides my dream) is that they were on exactly the same spot as I found a balloon earlier in the year. It transpired that on that occasion it had blown off the balcony of one of the local flats. It's like its one of those mysterious places, only on this occasion it attracts balloons and not UFO's
                            Anyway, they are now drying in the bathroom (it was wet out). I'm really looking forward to wearing something kinky and getting them against my dick and boinking the hell out of them

Check out the photo - a shifty-looking individual with a balloon fetish rescuing the balloons
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Danniballoon
                              • Mar 2018

Looks like there was another one, that I didn't get to on time. Still, there is something quite appealing about popped balloons too
                              Attached Files

Comment

• RainbowYarn
                                • Jan 2020

Rescue those balloons, good man.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘