Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cgrocarlos
    • Oct 2011

Balloon Party

Has anyone ever successfully thrown a balloon party?

I'm in college so I've been wondering if a balloon themed party would actually work. I know it's college, so really the only thing you need for a good party is booze and some red cups but themed parties are always more fun. The closest I've been is when I threw a glow party and littered the floor with neon balloons. They were for the most part neglected and kicked to the corner of the room though, only 2 or 3 pops

The next time Halloween rolls around, in addition to my usual sexiest costume contest, I also wanna have a B2P contest for the ladies since balloons scare the crap out of people when they pop I'm wondering if anyone would actually participate. Maybe after 1 or 2... or 6 rounds of tequila shots
  • Vicci
    Blown to bits
    • Oct 2009

Re: Balloon Party

People always seem to take part in b2p contests at parties. Tempted to throw a party just for that
    Vicci x

Comment

• cgrocarlos
      • Oct 2011

Haha you should! That would be fun

I'm convinced that next party I have, there will definitely be a B2P contest. Maybe a bottle of tequila to take home will encourage lots of participation

Comment

• Katielynn
        Expert Blower
        • May 2012

We've never hosted a balloon themed party, but we do often have balloons at our parties. They're a staple at birthdays, but I like to use them as decorations for things like New Years, Halloween, etc. Most of the time they're just background decorations, but a few times people will stomp on ones that are left on the floor, or inevitably one will get popped when someone squeezes it, teasing someone else.

BF is pretty sensitive that "people will know" so even though I know he likes the balloon play at parties, he always wants it to be "natural". We've had a few times where we've done balloon games, which has worked out well. For example, we played balloon volleyball one time last summer, and had a balloon shaving contest (the adults got to try after the kids did it at my nephews party).

The best though was the balloon roulette game we invented at the 4th of July last year,where we took turns blowing a shared balloon until it burst, betting to see who could be the last to blow. Also, after reading Vicci's response to my post about it, I challenged a friend of mine to a btp race while we were setting up for her son's birthday. Loser had to chug a beer. That sucked because even though mine got a lot bigger than hers, hers popped while it was still fairly small.
        I love to hear the BOOM!

Comment

• marja

Originally posted by cgrocarlos
          Haha you should! That would be fun

I'm convinced that next party I have, there will definitely be a B2P contest. Maybe a bottle of tequila to take home will encourage lots of participation
          Did you have the b2p contest at your party? Did everyone participate? And how did they react?

Comment

• LeeRider
            • Nov 2014

Usually fairly easy to get balloon fun going at college! Balloon pranks in the dorm are pretty popular, involve huge numbers of balloons and the guys always seem to really enjoy the blowing up! ....guess how you can spot the looners?!
            Theres quite a few on youtube.

Comment

• cgrocarlos
              • Oct 2011

Originally posted by marja
              Did you have the b2p contest at your party? Did everyone participate? And how did they react?
              Unfortunately I never did the B2P contest but for my ex's birthday we threw a party at my place and we had a bunch of balloons. Nothing happened during the party but we had some fun popping them the next day while cleaning up. Got her to sit to pop one on top of me. Plus watching her blow them up before the party was great.

Comment

• marja

Originally posted by cgrocarlos
                Unfortunately I never did the B2P contest but for my ex's birthday we threw a party at my place and we had a bunch of balloons. Nothing happened during the party but we had some fun popping them the next day while cleaning up. Got her to sit to pop one on top of me. Plus watching her blow them up before the party was great.
                At least that is something! Was it the first s2p you did together and did it lead to more balloon action afterwards?

People always seem to take part in b2p contests at parties.
                Sounds like you have some experience in organizing b2p contests, Vicci! How do you usually start them?

Comment

• Bubble Boy :-P

I'd love to throw a balloon themed party....but who to invite?��. Sorry ��useless one liner����

Comment

• Nopops4me
                    • Jun 2015

US lot of course. But where on Earth would it be.

Comment

Oh, it would certainly be out of this world! �� I'm sorry!lol! I could not resist!����

Comment

Oh, it would certainly be out of this world....Im sorry lol! I couldn't resist! ��������

Comment

Sorry for the double post...im half asleep lol!

Comment

• cgrocarlos
                            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by marja
                            At least that is something! Was it the first s2p you did together and did it lead to more balloon action afterwards?
                            Yup, it was the first but also the last, she was scared lol. I told her to sit on it slowly so that there would be some nice neck stretching but she had to jump on it to pop it because 1) she was really light, and 2) she was scared and wanted to do it quickly. So... not as enjoyable as I would have liked but still pretty cool for it to have actually happened. No balloon action afterwards though. We just popped the rest with pins.

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            😂
                            🥰
                            😘
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😞
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎