Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mustangnut
    • Jul 2017

rated size vs actual size of loons

Is it just me or balloons never seem to actually reach their rated size on their 1st inflation(i mean how many balloons in real life go past a 1st inflation, haha)? This is more true for the smaller sizes. 12" rated ones more realistically get to 10 inches, and 14" rated ones seem to get to 12", 16" to about 14ish. I do know color has quite a effect of elasticity and how much you fill them up, because "full" is a relative term . The intended full balloon is right before it necks, but they never seem to get to rated that way, only when you push them to necking or blow them a second time do they seem to reach rated sizes.. Have balloons always been a bit smaller than rated like this or is this just a trend of things getting cheaper as time goes?
  • Meililoon
    aka lyckr
    • Sep 2014

Re: rated size vs actual size of loons

It depends really. Balloons rarely pop before reaching their rated size, unless there's some kind of defect. But I often feel like some balloons feels really tight before reaching their rated size, making me reluctant to continue blowing them up. This mostly goes for bigger balloons (24" or bigger) in my experience.
    Meanwhile I find that 16" Uniques for example, usually gets past their rated size without me even noticing it because they're so soft.

Comment

• Slugamano
      • Jul 2016

My birthday was two weeks ago and we had some leftover 11-12" balloons. Yesterday we popped them and as I prefer the B2P I did so. They grew much bigger than the rated size, 20-24" and popped to hundreds of shreds.

Comment

• Seidenki
        • Dec 2016

I think it depends on the brand to some extent, too. I don't have trouble getting Uniques to their rated size, particularly 16"s which easily get larger. OTOH Qualatex always seem to be over-specced, especially the 16"s. Tuf-Tex are a bit more variable: their 17"s and 14"s are alright, but their 24"s get a bit fragile at that size.

Comment

• snh61
          • Sep 2017

Branded balloons (qualatex, belbal, tuftex, etc...) alway do get well past their rated size.

Off brand stuff from marts is usually weak junk and does not meet the spec.

Comment

• Asclepio
            • Sep 2018

Usually qualatex lies on the 16” size, I compare them with the uniques 16” and I noticed the qualatex balloons never gets to the rated size, by example the qualatex 16” will grow till 15” and maybe 16” if you push the limits and risk a pop. By the other side uniques 16” can go till 17” or 18” if you push your luck
            Also tuftex 17” can go till 19” on the first inflation, but the trick here is the neck, if you neck them they usually can go bigger than the rated size. But in my experience the qualatex 16” almost never reach the rated size and if you continue they usually pops at the 16” size or with some (rare) you can get 17” but pops almost immediately.
            On the other hand I find that the uniques 24” can grow till 30” and boy thats a lot, they never get thigh and you can go far bigger than the rated size, but they usually gets fragile when you reach 29” inches, and i am speaking at the first inflation, i dont know how big you can get them at the second inflation.
            A looner looking for fun, against violence or people with hightened moral idealism…. I just care about loons, so don’t ruin the fun.

Comment

• bigballcollector
              • Mar 2017

In case of a small balloon... I inflate it with my vaccum to the max several times, they stretch nicely after that. A drawback is a posible popped balloon, not good for non poppers but it is part of the fun.
              Let it be, let it free...but keep it nicely

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍