Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 9/11 did Bush
    • Nov 2016

What car does everyone drive?

Obviously cars may not be everyone's cup of tea, but this is a generic simple question which I felt like asking.

I drive a 1991 Mazda MX-5 Miata, that I saved up $6,000 to buy, from working at a gold refinery for a couple of years. Installed a complete body kit on the car, a turbo kit, and recoated the custom blue paint job which the car had. Parents did not like my choice of car from the beginning. My dad laughed at my face when I told him I was getting a Miata.

I bought it when I was still in high school, in my senior year. My mates called it the "chick carrier", as I picked up heaps of girls with the car. They loved the pop up headlights of my car. I drove to school with it everyday. Needless to say, I got a lot of attention because it stood out from everyone else, who had brand new cars and older European cars bought for them by their parents. Guess that's what happens when you live in a high income area.

Maintained and serviced regularly and all of that carry on. Gave the car a full clean late last year.
    Had the car for a couple of years now, and still works great despite it being some 27 years old. I'm more of a JDM person, as muscle cars are not my thing.
    Last edited by 9/11 did Bush; 26-01-2018, 03:32.
  • Norwegianpopper
    • Jan 2018

Re: What car does everyone drive?

I drive a 2012 Ford Focus. Bought it new, and had to pay $30.000 for it. Now, six years on it has done 100.000 miles, but each time it is on service the mechanics comments that it's as good as new.

Couldn't have chosen a better car when I first bought a new car

Comment

• JR Looner
      • May 2015

I currently drive a 2008 Midnight Blue Audi A6 S line Quattro with the 4.2L V8 with 330HP (affectionately named 'Cortana'). Had it for almost 1 year. This is the first car that I have maintained by a certified shop. All other cars I had before this, I did most of the maintenance myself.
      Last edited by JR Looner; 15-01-2018, 21:24. Reason: Added amplifying information

Comment

• Bubble Boy :-P

2010 Camaro SS with the 6.2 liter, 426 hp V8. Bright yellow. Pre ordered in 2009 with a 500 dollar deposit before actual production began. Ordered every option except the sunroof. With tax, tags & financing she came out to almost 50,000 smackaroose....just hit 40,000 miles. Best, most reliable car I've ever owned. Love her to death

Comment

• Seasider
          • Jan 2016

2016 Volkswagen Passat a car for those entering their lates 30s like me!!

Comment

• loonerdude44
            Inflatable Enthusiast
            • Oct 2017

Originally posted by 9/11 did Bush
            Obviously cars may not be everyone's cup of tea, but this is a generic simple question which I felt like asking.

I drive a 1991 Mazda MX-5 Miata, that I saved up $6,000 to buy, from working at a gold refinery for a couple of years. Installed a complete body kit on the car, a turbo kit, and got a custom blue paint job over the original silver. Parents did not like my choice of car from the beginning. My dad laughed at my face when I told him I was getting a Miata.

I bought it when I was still in high school, in my senior year. My mates called it the "chick carrier", as I picked up heaps of girls with the car. They loved the pop up headlights of my car. I drove to school with it everyday. Needless to say, I got a lot of attention because it stood out from everyone else, who had brand new cars and older European cars bought for them by their parents. Guess that's what happens when you live in a high income area.

Maintained and serviced regularly and all of that carry on. Gave the car a new coat of paint last year.
            Had the car for a couple of years now, and still works great despite it being some 27 years old.
            $6k for an NA6? When did you buy it? Of course you had to put a turbo on it, why didn't you go all-motor instead? Can you post some pictures of the car?

Comment

• t17forLife
              • May 2015

I love cars, but I currently only drive a lowly 2011 Ford Escape Limited 2wd. It's easy to drive with a relatively decent amount of space inside. I almost have it paid off.

I do all the maintenance myself. As with all cars in the family, she has a name. Her name is Nicole. Dad's car is Becky, Mother's is Tommy, I call the 1965 Ford Mustang (restored) Melissa, and if I get a truck I'll name her Jenna.

I also call the charcoal grill Rusty and my red glass pipe (for smoking) 'Ol Red.

Comment

• Micks101
                • Jan 2017

Originally posted by Bubble Boy :-P
                2010 Camaro SS with the 6.2 liter, 426 hp V8. Bright yellow. Pre ordered in 2009 with a 500 dollar deposit before actual production began. Ordered every option except the sunroof. With tax, tags & financing she came out to almost 50,000 smackaroose....just hit 40,000 miles. Best, most reliable car I've ever owned. Love her to death
                Wow, jealous

I havr a 2016 Holden Commodore, which if you're not Australian is a car that was built here locally from the 80s up until last year. I have one of the last Australian made ones, and I love it to bits 6.2L V8 developing around 450hp!

Comment

• scuba
                  • Jan 2017

A 2012 Peugeot 208 1,6 vti allure. A fun little car with 120 hp.
                  But wow Bubble and mocks. I'm so jealous of your cars

Comment

• b0f0s0f
                    • Nov 2016

I'm more into motorcycles, I have a 2008 CBR600RR

Comment

• Vicci
                      Blown to bits
                      • Oct 2009

I currently have 3 cars which I drive depending on the mood/destination/purpose;
                      2016 Jaguar XE 180PS diesel saloon
                      2017 Jaguar F-Type (special edition) 400PS supercharged petrol 2 seater convertible
                      2017 Tesla Model S 100kWh electric saloon

The XE is coming up to 2 years old in September this year so will be time for a change, although I'll probably replace it with another, but am tempted by the 380PS supercharged V6 this time, especially with all the negativity towards diesel these days.

I like fast cars
                      Vicci x

Comment

• Bubble Boy :-P

Damn, Vicci....I mean DAMN! You put us all to shame! You have a whole fleet of awesome cars

@Micks...thats really cool you have the Holden Commodore! Awesome car!They actually marketed it out here in the states as the Pontiac GTO before it was discontinued The funny thing is that my Camaro rides on the same chassis! I believe its called the ZETA platform! Far out!

& @ scuba... I'm far more jealous of the adventures you get to have on a regular basis!

Comment

• scuba
                          • Jan 2017

Well Bubble my sister and I went on a road trip in Colorado, Utah, Idaho, Wyoming, Montana and South Dakota in 2015 in a rental 2015 v6 mustang.
                          With 305 hp it's not as powerful as your Camaro, but it still has 185 hp more than my car and was really fun to drive.
                          I love us road trips and have done it four times.
                          The craziest thing is that with the ridiculous Danish tax system does my little Peugeot 208 cost almost the same as that mustang. We pay 180% in taxes when we buy a new car.
                          So really cool new American cars are rare here.

Comment

• AuroraFox
                            • Nov 2015

Not going to post exactly what I have in case they get recognized, but the main set of wheels is a truck, and a small handful of classics and hot rods which come out during the summer. Although I just sold a 67 Camaro, and a few of those others might leave soon to make room for a certain open body/open chassis car.

Comment

• loonerdude44
                              Inflatable Enthusiast
                              • Oct 2017

Originally posted by Bubble Boy :-P
                              Love her to death
                              I guess the same thing applies for your balloons?

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎